Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Marje wrote: »
    The 30 day free trial is only available for UK users as far as I can see.

I think (can't really check as I'm already signed up) you might get 7 days free trial and then €2.99 per month which you can cancel anytime.

https://www.primevideo.com/?ref=dvm_pds_amz_IE_lb_s_g|c_164160080605_m_pccaV7Ia-dc_s__
    I'm on the 30 day free trail, and watching in Cork :D
    Just have to update location after signing up, which confused me at the start but running smoothly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

dulpit wrote: »
    It absolutely baffles me that they need to release a new version of the fire stick for us, and those of us with UK sticks are SOL

I really can't understand why this can't be fixed with some kind of software update. I find it maddening that all I can now use the stick for is Netflix. As a workaround I used to be able to cast to the fire stick from the Amazon Prime Video phone app, but even that doesn't work any more.
    Why Amazon, why do you persist in neglecting us, yet at the same time pummelling us with all your ads for the service?! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

To name a few. Fair enough it cant match Netflix on movies but still some decent stuff there for 2.99 a month for 6 months?

hold on a sec, i'm being charged £7.99 a month :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DubJJ

fryup wrote: »

You must be subscribed to the UK version, the Irish version is cheaper but has less content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Then you are signed up to the UK service. The Irish service is €2.99 for the first 6 months.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^

and how do i do that? didn't know there was an irish amazon? or is that just for prime video?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

^^^^^^^^^^^^

and how do i do that? didn't know there was an irish amazon? or is that just for prime video?

Just prime video here.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the link to the Irish Prime Video

https://www.primevideo.com/?ref=dvm_pds_amz_IE_lb_s_g|c_164163658214_m_6e7utXa0-dc_s__

^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's at www.primevideo.com

There's an official twitter for Ireland here: @PrimeVideoIE and a Facebook page called Prime Video Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jambo9421

Just got a firestick in the UK as a Xmas present.I live in the republic and have set it all up using my Irish Amazon account details and nothing worked.i then emailed amazon as even the call back feature wouldn't work.got a reply saying the fire stick doesnt work in ireland.I then set up another Amazon account using UK address and UK payment details which allowed me to start the 30day free trial then the £7.99 a month option and thought great..tried to start watching a few things and some work and most of the others don't.I get a error message saying not available in your region or similar..anybody help me please and in layman's terms I'm not a pc guru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

jambo9421 wrote: »
    Just got a firestick in the UK as a Xmas present.I live in the republic and have set it all up using my Irish Amazon account details and nothing worked.i then emailed amazon as even the call back feature wouldn't work.got a reply saying the fire stick doesnt work in ireland.I then set up another Amazon account using UK address and UK payment details which allowed me to start the 30day free trial then the £7.99 a month option and thought great..tried to start watching a few things and some work and most of the others don't.I get a error message saying not available in your region or similar..anybody help me please and in layman's terms I'm not a pc guru

I had the same problem, had to return the firestick to Amazon UK (you'll get a refund) and buy the other one from the US. Select your country from the drop down list. It works but it's dearer that the UK. Costs about $87 US Dollars with delivery and customs added. You can use the same username and password for the UK and US version.

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-Basic-Edition/dp/B01ETRGE68

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

jambo9421 wrote: »

Try installing prime video app on your phone then "cast" the content to the firestick. Makes it mostly usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

doylefe wrote: »
    You could sign up for UK amazon prime 30 day trial and use that account to log into primevideo.com. It will prompt you and ask you do you want to use the account to access UK prime video or Irish / International prime video. Choose Irish and your account will be converted.

I'm already signed up for prime, don't remember ever getting a choice of region and there's no region details under my amazon.co.uk prime account.

I tried adding Shudder (now an amazon channel) on amazon.co.uk and I need a UK address to add it

The funny thing is that I previously had a years subscription to Shudder direct from its own website and it has no problem with your region :rolleyes:

Seriously thinking of giving prime the boot because the selection is absolutely poxy, once you're past their flagship shows (which are usually dire IMO) it's all garbage tier content. The twitch subscription is handy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

doylefe wrote: »
    Try installing prime video app on your phone then "cast" the content to the firestick. Makes it mostly usable.

I was able to do this as a workaround a while back, but doesn't seem to work like that any longer. Nowhere in the phone app is there as "play on Fire TV" or whatever it was any more :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

My brother lives in the UK and is an amazon prime subscriber.

I have found a link which seems to indicate that prime video can be shared.

Has anyone tried this where the person paying for prime is in UK and the person availing of the service is in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Makes no difference you will be GEO Locked anyway so if you are not supposed to see it then you wont.

All these services are a joke. €7.99 here, €9.99 there €15.99 for something else.
    Do they think people are cash machines.

In days of old RTE or UK Channels showed all the top UK and US programs but now its all deals with different online providers and then when it gets onto a platform wait about 2 years for the deal to be signed for your region.

Its like what happened the music industry, its not users dont want to pay its just there are too many protectionist rules that frustrate the user.

is there any movies that aren't geo-locked?

If you're having geolocking problems it's because your account is set to the UK. IDK if there's issues if you have UK prime, but nothing is shown that isn't available if you have an irish primevideo.com account. If you contact their support they'll fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jambo9421

I've tried using there call back service but even that doesn't work.I've used a UK address.UK bank details and still nothing works.all I can get is the grand tour..it's back in its box now 😠

most of the TV shows are available, all of the movies are geo-locked...wonder why? copy-right issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is it true that 4K on Prime Video here is available only on mobile devices like tablets & smartphones?

Are movies geo-locked using Irish prime video accounts?

Nothing is supposed to give any geoblock messages, it's supposed to either show for you or not. The issue is if you're not using an Ireland-set account on primevideo.com or whatever devices. If you get that fixed, nothing that shows up is geoblocked (not that we have all the UK content, you just don't see what we are missing.)

^^^^^^^^^^^

is there any movies available on an irish-set account?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Yes. There is a reasonable selection of movies. Hundreds. Maybe a thousand. It's an odd mix. Some recent enough big name movies and some strange older ones.

Download the app "Justwatch" from the play store. Presume it's on iOS too. I use it to see what's new on prime Netflix etc. Once you set it up you'll be able to see what's been added recently movies and tv. You can search a particular movie to see where it's available too.

A few examples of what's there

Swiss army man
    Hateful eight
    Spotlight
    Fight club
    No country for old men
    Serenity
    Jaws
    Airplane
    Munich
    There will be blood
    Gladiator
    JFK
    Kill Bill 1 & 2
    Heat

It's a pain to navigate. The amount of rubbish far outweighs the good

^^^^^^^^^^^

is there any movies available on an irish-set account?

Yes. Even ones you might see geolock warnings for with the UK account problem. Their region locking isn't as smart and simple as Netflix's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

I have it in Spain, I didn't even know I had it as for the €20 a year free post for my purchases alone is worth it.
    So it was a nice surprise when I found out it included Amazon prime.

The collection is getting better and better - but can't see this €20/year lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I have the month free trial of Prime. There is an amazon App on my LG TV that lets me login to watch stuff. But every movie is down as "not available in your region". Can watch Amazon stuff but not movies!

Edit: sorted it. Movies available to Irish subscribers is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi. I signed up for free trial of prime. But when I out through an order on UK site. There still seems to get shipping included. I was under the impression that shipping is free to prime members?

What's the main benefits?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sticker wrote: »
    Hi. I signed up for free trial of prime. But when I out through an order on UK site. There still seems to get shipping included. I was under the impression that shipping is free to prime members?

What's the main benefits?

Thanks
    you probably signed up for the trial of prime video on its own. I think you get to watch more content but don't get all the other prime benefits.
    The normal prime sub only gives you access to a few shows and movies on prime video from what I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

iamtony wrote: »
    you probably signed up for the trial of prime video on its own. I think you get to watch more content but don't get all the other prime benefits.
    The normal prime sub only gives you access to a few shows and movies on prime video from what I can tell.

OK thanks for quick reply.

Advertisement