Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

sticker wrote:
    OK thanks for quick reply.

I have prime video & I have get free shipping on orders over 25 euro. The money I save on shipping pays for the video content.
    At checkout scroll down to delivery fee. Hit this top get options and free is there. Its well hidden but its there

Sleeper12 wrote:
    I have prime video & I have get free shipping on orders over 25 euro. The money I save on shipping pays for the video content. At checkout scroll down to delivery fee. Hit this top get options and free is there. Its well hidden but its there

All orders over €25 can be shipped for free without having Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ah. That I didn't know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I have prime video & I have get free shipping on orders over 25 euro. The money I save on shipping pays for the video content.
    At checkout scroll down to delivery fee. Hit this top get options and free is there. Its well hidden but its there

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

To Ireland? Really - I've always seen shipping on orders over £25 to me (outside Prime) ...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I thought everyone knew this!
    It actually makes amazon more money in the long run as people desperately pad out their orders with stuff they don't really need just to get free shipping.
    sticker wrote: »
    To Ireland? Really - I've always seen shipping on orders over £25 to me (outside Prime) ...?
    Yes, but your orders have to be "Sold by Amazon" or "Fulfilled by Amazon" items.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Absentia was added to Amazon Prime Video yesterday. Watched the 1st episode which laid the story line. Was good enough. Will watch more later.

She disappeared. No one heard from her for six years. No one knows what happened to her, not even her. An FBI Agent tracking a Boston serial killer vanishes, and is declared dead. Six years later, she is found in a cabin in the woods, with no memory of what happened during the time she went missing. She comes back to a husband who has remarried, and whose wife is raising her son. She will have to navigate in her new reality, and she will soon find herself implicated in a new series of murders
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6794990/?ref_=nv_sr_2

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭delboy85

Marje wrote: »
    I had the same problem, had to return the firestick to Amazon UK (you'll get a refund) and buy the other one from the US. Select your country from the drop down list. It works but it's dearer that the UK. Costs about $87 US Dollars with delivery and customs added. You can use the same username and password for the UK and US version.

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-Basic-Edition/dp/B01ETRGE68

Will Prime Video definitely work in Ireland on this Fire Stick imported from the States? I also bought a stick from Amazon in the UK before Christmas and was really disappointed that I couldn't access Prime Video. Would be tempted to buy the American one if Prime Video DEFINITELY worked on it here in Ireland.

delboy85 wrote: »
    Will Prime Video definitely work in Ireland on this Fire Stick imported from the States? I also bought a stick from Amazon in the UK before Christmas and was really disappointed that I couldn't access Prime Video. Would be tempted to buy the American one if Prime Video DEFINITELY worked on it here in Ireland.

It definitely works as I'm using the one I bought from the States. It still doesn't have a great movie list like the UK version but hopefully that will improve.

I also find it useful to watch ALL4 for channel 4 and the Walter Presents programmes.

I use this website to find out if there's anything new added https://www.justwatch.com/ie/new?providers=nfx,prv,ply,skg

It definitely works as I'm using the one I bought from the States. It still doesn't have a great movie list like the UK version but hopefully that will improve.

I also find it useful to watch ALL4 for channel 4 and the Walter Presents programmes.

I use this website to find out if there's anything new added https://www.justwatch.com/ie/new?providers=nfx,prv,ply,skg

Thanks. I'm going to order one so! I think Prime Video has improved greatly over the past year (it was pretty awful when it originally launched).

I was going to ask you about ALL4 so thank's for confirming that.

Did you have to pay the VAT on it when it arrived here or do you pay it at the Amazon checkout?

• Advertisement

delboy85 wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm going to order one so! I think Prime Video has improved greatly over the past year (it was pretty awful when it originally launched).

I was going to ask you about ALL4 so thank's for confirming that.

Did you have to pay the VAT on it when it arrived here or do you pay it at the Amazon checkout?

You pay VAT at Amazon checkout. Overall cost for me was $87.29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Don't tell anybody, but I signed up before the Christmas after last Christmas (13 months ago) but I'm still only been charged €2.99 a month, is this happening to anybody else ?

Don't tell anybody, but I signed up before the Christmas after last Christmas (13 months ago) but I'm still only been charged €2.99 a month, is this happening to anybody else ?

You might be right, I have €2.99 deducted from my account and was wondering what it was. I won't know till Monday when the bank update details and I didn't buy anything for that price.

We won't tell anyone ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

You might be right, I have €2.99 deducted from my account and was wondering what it was. I won't know till Monday when the bank update details and I didn't buy anything for that price.

We won't tell anyone ;):D

It was supposed to go up to 6.99 after 6 months

It was supposed to go up to 6.99 after 6 months

It was to go up to €5.99. I checked my account and it says
    On March 2, 2018 you will be charged EUR 2,99 for a month of Prime Video.

Your promotional pricing expires on April 2018 or 6 months from the start of your subscription, whichever is later.

Looks like it will be €2.99 next month until they fix the glitch in the matrix.

I'm member since August 2017 which makes the February month 7. Will have to wait till next month.

I'm pretty sure I got a message from them a few months ago advising that the €2.99 promotional period was being extended (for me anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dmcm_90

I have an account but the only thing that concerns me is your shopping account and video are linked so if you gave a password to someone they could by stuff on the shopping site and its charged to your card that's registered . Tried to setup an other acount on just prime and it's linked to the main amazon site

dmcm_90 wrote: »
    I have an account but the only thing that concerns me is your shopping account and video are linked so if you gave a password to someone they could by stuff on the shopping site and its charged to your card that's registered . Tried to setup an other acount on just prime and it's linked to the main amazon site

Did you use the same email address?
    Make sure you are completely signed out of your main amazon account and start a new account with a new email address.

Did you use the same email address?
    Make sure you are completely signed out of your main amazon account and start a new account with a new email address.
    Used main account at first then set up an other account with a new email address on the prime site. When you go to the main site it allows you use your video account that's signed in. So if your card is linked on video it's linked on the main witch and if you share the your video password with your kids there nothing to stop them from shopping on the main site

You pay VAT at Amazon checkout. Overall cost for me was $87.29

I got my stick from The States this morning and am really happy with it. I just wish I'd read this thread before ordering one from the the UK before Christmas!

Thanks again for flagging the fact that the "international version" could be ordered from Amazon in The States. :)

• Advertisement

dmcm_90 wrote: »
    Used main account at first then set up an other account with a new email address on the prime site. When you go to the main site it allows you use your video account that's signed in. So if your card is linked on video it's linked on the main witch and if you share the your video password with your kids there nothing to stop them from shopping on the main site

Check under Account & Settings, there is a Parental Control option which might stop them going on a shopping spree :)

EDIT might be just to stop them purchasing apps, not too sure if it's to stop them buying on the main amazon website

Check under Account & Settings, there is a Parental Control option which might stop them going on a shopping spree :)

EDIT might be just to stop them purchasing apps, not too sure if it's to stop them buying on the main amazon website
    Thanks I'll have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Hello, if i sign up for the primevideo.com account does this mean i have an Amazon prime account as well or am i mistaken.

geraardo wrote: »
    Hello, if i sign up for the primevideo.com account does this mean i have an Amazon prime account as well or am i mistaken.
    as far as I know, you get prime video on its on which I have but will need to pay extra to get full access to all available with a Prime account. I'm still paying the offer rate for now. Might look into it when I'm paying full price for Prime video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

geraardo wrote: »

No. You just have Prime Video, not the whole Amazon Prime stuff, that's UK only.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

How on earth do they not have S2 of "The Man in the High Castle" on this? It's their own bloody show!

Film selection is shockingly poor: Why isn't "Manchester by the Sea" or "The Big Sick" there, when they were both acquired by Amazon studios?

Will watch some of their other originals - those they let me see - but woeful content choice compared to Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

It's bizarre alright. They never seem to announce new content added like Netflix do.

There's other Amazon shows as well (that czech police thing) that don't seem to be on the Irish version?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

ixoy wrote: »
    How on earth do they not have S2 of "The Man in the High Castle" on this? It's their own bloody show!

It is https://www.primevideo.com/gp/video/detail/0JP0XMEGW4LOPLMRSLPS0UJW6K

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah yeah, that was my bad there - when you do a Search, it shows results per season so Season 2 would have come up separately. An odd system.
    Still doesn't explain some of the films missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I signed up the other day for the general Prime having used the UK one before.

God it's terrible even for €2.99 a month for a while after the free trial I'm not sure it's worth it.

Advertisement