Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2017-18: Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Last pic is a beauty..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

extremely frosty night here now, fog has lifted, very clear night, great night again for watching the stars. Frost has put amazing patterns on glass windows of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Urlaur Abbey and Lake in Mayo today. Amazingly serene conditions. The cold was crisp and pleasant because of the lack of breeze.

0_F706468-4_C8_D-43_F8-9_C8_C-_DB660_D191_F1_A.jpg

19003191-8_FEE-4_D9_E-_A1_D2-_BB2_C68_AEDB71.jpg

53154_B5_E-_BBCF-491_D-_BE0_A-_C67_F1_CFC7_BB6.jpg

C1_E80472-_DCFB-40_EA-80_F7-_A46_D22_AF188_D.jpg

Hard to believe that is the same country I was in today!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Neiphin Co.Mayo this afternoon26047316_10155305508088262_603732598557872766_n.jpg?oh=ce5cbcace8705fbc284153b26fd008f4&oe=5AC96C2F

Met eireann going for a real wintry one on the 11pm update for later tomorrow night

A dry start to the night over Ulster and Leinster and it'll be cold and frosty with sub-zero temperatures in the early part of the night giving icy stretches on untreated roads and footpaths. Rain in the south and southwest will spread to all areas overnight, and as it meets the cold conditions in Ulster and Leinster the rain will turn readily to sleet and snow. The rain will clear to showers overnight, and temperatures will have risen by morning to reach 3 to 5 degrees. It will become breezy for a time overnight with mainly southwest or southerly winds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A wintry mix moving down the Western side of the country tonight, temp after rising here near Tralee to 4.7C.

Netweather

Fqza5Ky.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Below freezing here at the moment even though there is a strong wind so a significant windchill.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Neiphin Co.Mayo this afternoon26047316_10155305508088262_603732598557872766_n.jpg?oh=ce5cbcace8705fbc284153b26fd008f4&oe=5AC96C2F

Lovely shot Oscar Bravo.

NASA Satelite shot showing snow on Neiphin today. I presume you took the shot from the East side of Lough Conn?

IvL45oP.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Last pic is a beauty..

Thanks, the low winter sun helped a lot. ;)
    Hard to believe that is the same country I was in today!

It was truly lovely weather.
    Neiphin Co.Mayo this afternoon

Clearly all of Mayo was beautiful today!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Met Eireann mentioning snow for tomorrow and tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boru05

Snowing lightly in south Cavan @100m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Snowing in South Leitrim.

Models are differing somewhat at this stage to the extent of the windy/ stormy conditons for the week end coming. The ECM was first to spot the Low produce very strong winds crossing the country on Sat evening, the ARPEGE has very much come on board with this and the other two have been showing this to some extent but not the same track or intensity. Certainly one to watch.

Met Eireann : The forecast for Saturday is somewhat uncertain. Currently it looks like starting off with a fair amount of dry weather and some showers. However it will become wet and windy in the second half of the day as rain, sleet and strong southerly winds move eastwards. There's a risk that it may become stormy in some parts of the country as winds have the potential to become very strong as an area of low pressure tracks directly over the country. The exact track of the low pressure centre will be uncertain until closer to the time. Keep informed on this page as we move closer to Saturday

tempresult_ndv3.gif

tempresult_mjh4.gif

tempresult_htg2.gif

The ECM has been fairly consistent with the storm passage on Sat Evening.

r46GEAE.png

0Lpf6iB.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another perfect winters morning here in Dunshaughlin. Blue skies, dazzling sunshine and plenty of frost. Since we're unlikely to see snow this Christmas, this is the next best thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lovely light dusting here in Virginia. Nothing major but it looks lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Just a little snow in Erie, Pennsylvania....

https://twitter.com/chattykathy715/status/945653095870222336

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

That’s lake effect snow for you
    We’ll have our own before this winter is out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

That strong sun today is GREAT for my solar Christmas garden lights :D

still plenty of ice and frost here. The side roads around Dunshaughlin are quite dangerous to walk and drive on with frost still on many stretches of road. 3C here now, today looks like it could be the coldest day of winter here so far and the first day that the frost has stayed around all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Hi guys I've been away for a few days. Is there a link set up to a new page for snow watch tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hi guys I've been away for a few days. Is there a link set up to a new page for snow watch tomorrow?

Yes https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823444

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

RobertKK wrote: »
    Just a little snow in Erie, Pennsylvania....

https://twitter.com/chattykathy715/status/945653095870222336

Don't know if I'd like 5 ft of the white gold in my part of the country. How would the emergency services cope? As soon as the word snow is mentioned In the forecast the whole country nearly closes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

A light dusting of snow at the sisters house outside Bjd this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

lolie wrote: »
    A light dusting of snow at the sisters house outside Bjd this morning

That's the shower heading my way in North Kildare although I'm sure it'll die off before it gets here, as usual.

Fri/ Sat weather not pinned down yet with the models changing a fair bit on each run and quite different to each other in track, timing and intensity, but it does look very windy for part of Fri on coasts at least and very windy / potentially stormy later Fri into Sat and a potential further system late Sat into into Sun morning.

tempresult_ths7.gif

ECU1-96_acw1.GIF

850 hPa winds

ECU4-96_tku3.GIF

dQA4w8z.png

9BvLza1.png

vr6MEz9.png

Snow along the ridge of the Slieve Mish Mts today. Very cold on the coast in stiff N'ly wind with wintry showers sending us running :)

F2dMKqB.jpg?1

1.7C here near Tralee now.

temp_uk_eaj1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

just left my lovely warm house after being by the stove to walk to the shop to get some chips.. I should have put on warmer clothing.. bitterly cold tonight!

• Advertisement

9pm
    Dunsay,Meath -1
    Several stations hovering at 0 with only coastal areas well above freezing.

Advertisement