Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2017-18: Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Lying snow around Barnesmore Gap atm apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

DR7NkupWsAA2qmn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Was thinking 3c was a bit low for here, that's the road surface temp Oscar!

yep thats what the chart says :) just posting it on this rather quite night weather wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest EC shows small but intense low tracking across Ireland Saturday bringing 70 knot gusts inland, higher along the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snow in the forecast for Knock tonight.

Both Kerry and Cork have sleet in the forecast for today.

Cold start, temperature is 2.7c here, which is my overnight low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Temp dropping in Arklow
    Now just 1.8c dp 0c
    Light Ssw breeze
    Snow symbol on the Davis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

stunning morning here in south Meath after a very clear and frosty night. Last night was a great opportunity to look at the stars as the sky was darker than usual with minimum light pollution across the southern sky over Dublin. Still plenty of frost on the ground here in shaded areas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very disturbed weather from Fri. As Weathercheck mentioned the ECM showing an intense Low tracking across the country on Sat. This is not being shown by the GFS or ICON and a bit too far out for the APERGEE. A fast moving complex weather pattern coming up I'd reckon.

tempresult_jrs6.gif

Aq3CSZu.png

Ly7CDH6.png

8UuL8JS.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The Jet over Ireland next weekend.

YJGofJn.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    stunning morning here in south Meath after a very clear and frosty night.

Same here up until an hour ago, now theres a fairly bad fog and seems to be getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

sryanbruen wrote: »

After clouding over here in Tipperary after a bright morning. Very calm and quiet cold. I would expect to see some snow on the highest mountain's overnight here and possibly some sleet on lower ground hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Some scenes from yesterday and today. The first is of Lugnaquilla, the second one I'm unsure of whilst the rest are scattered places around the UK.

PwdFTNl.png

xy4g9cQ.png

py7KxyS.png

whiXQCk.png

UhiJWOB.png

m6uuWzz.png

g2c6OEe.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Aye I can see a nice new covering on lug from Arklow,yesterday’s rain having turned to snow up there
    Croghan 5 miles west of Arklow circa 600mtrs+ Is sugar coated at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Snow level is at a guess around 4-500m here in Donegal, plenty of snow on the hills with heavy hail showers here at sea level. Seasonal if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

Snowing for the last hour 10 km nw of bandon 190 m.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Just starting to snow here in bishopstown, cork. First bit I've seen all year! It is very wet snow /sleet though. Ground is soaking aswell so doubtful it will stick.or change to actual snow. can see the occasional big white flake falling so hopefully they will get bigger! Other then that it's been raining since I woke up non stop today and is cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Severe fog after setting in in the past hour here in East Meath. Near freezing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Severe fog after setting in in the past hour here in East Meath. Near freezing too.

Here in Ratoath the same. Going to be very poor driving conditions after sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Snow falling thick and heavy here in Leap for about half an hour now. Amazing so near to the coast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

foggy outside, temps close to 0C, could wake up to a very white frost/freezing fog combination by the morning.

From Met Eireann: Unsettled for the weekend with the risk of a low pressure system tracking right across Ireland on Saturday accompanied by very windy conditions and rain turning heavy before clearing northeastwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rbelmc

just drove from Cork to Crosshaven
    Cork weather was 2 degrees and very heavy sleet
    by the airport it was zero degrees and snowing and there was a little bit of snow lying

Upper temps to drop considerably tonight increasing the chance of snow showers I would think in to tomorrow. Temps seem slow to rise and peak at 3-6C and drop quickly again after dark.

tempresult_chp1.gif

tempresult_wbs9.gif

tempresult_cdv4.gif

tempresult_fwg0.gif

nmm_uk1-41-22-4_syu3.png

ECM 12Z has that nasty looking Low showing up again. Looks very fast moving. A bit further N on this run. From what I can see it is on it's own with this one.

whSPMJH.png

dfH4oZT.png

QzToAn8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone looking at the charts for NYE hazard a guess how its looking in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

No snow here at all, i don't know what everyone is talking about. You'd think from the discussions going on in this thread there has been a blizzard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Urlaur Abbey and Lake in Mayo today. Amazingly serene conditions. The cold was crisp and pleasant because of the lack of breeze.

0_F706468-4_C8_D-43_F8-9_C8_C-_DB660_D191_F1_A.jpg

19003191-8_FEE-4_D9_E-_A1_D2-_BB2_C68_AEDB71.jpg

53154_B5_E-_BBCF-491_D-_BE0_A-_C67_F1_CFC7_BB6.jpg

C1_E80472-_DCFB-40_EA-80_F7-_A46_D22_AF188_D.jpg

Advertisement