Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XV - Greendale Community College

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Angus WW wrote: »
    Why did you not reveal your role before death, you thought you were safe?

Couple of reasons. When it was straight FFA I thought I'd a decent shot at safety. I realised that once the FFA votes were so low to make it blind votes more or less that it became a lot riskier. However Derry had come out and his role was potentially more useful so it seemed better to make sure he was protected by the BG. My role on the other hand was argueably less so, and it was more difficult for the wolves to claim it effectively without possibly giving themselves away. I figured it was maybe more useful to die without the wolves knowing I was Britta. I did consider near the end of the evening inviting you to the room but was struggling with the second person to name (Isla was what I had been thinking) so I held off to see how it played out (badly for me :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Angus WW wrote: »
    Hi guys. I cant get into the changeofplans login using the Angus username. If someone can tell me what im doing wrong, that would be great.

Im mentally done playing this game, on thursday and friday it was easy as I was in work. But the weekend killed me. I couldnt play as I had family events to attend, but I was so hooked I couldn't stop. My other half was so angry with her, mainly from not listening to her while reading the thread.

Being a NRV was a great way to start a first game, no pressure and gives me nothing no lose when playing.

My strategy was to focus on everyone, if I notice something odd then I have to quickly call someone on it. Hence why I went after Barb and Gab on day one.

I cant recommended enough reading back on old games, every game was different and was so useful in preparing me. Studying how wolves played previous games was vital.

I loved trying to figure people out, I was far FAR from right but I had mo idea and just tried to trust my instincts.

When the game broke, I was bitter sweet about it. I didnt want it to end but it was good as it meant I could come back to reality.

My other half hates you all by tge way.

I loved it and cant wait to play again.

Sorry Gab, I loved our duel, surprised I won.

I am 94.7% sure this message deserves an endorsement.

What was the story with constantly typing Isla in all caps drumpot?! Massive red herring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

50 posts per day?! Are ye mad?? That would be unplayable

maybe I got ie mixed up, i do that. I'll write it out so not to confuse.

If there is a rule that you know you wont be able to work with, for example a 50 posts per day rule, then you should let the mods know before the game starts.

this was in tandum with the post the op earlier so people have time to read and digest the rules for a while before the game starts idea.

I could have picked some other random rule which people may disagree with, like , this game will be played in ALL CAPS only, any use of lower case letter will be punishable.

What was the story with constantly typing Isla in all caps drumpot?! Massive red herring

A few times during the game (like "My MO was to cause chaos") that I said things that didn't actually tell the story. I actually wasn't trying to cause chaos, I was just driven stir crazy by ISLA constantly naming me while working on my spreadsheet. I thought posting "Ass Crack Bandit causes mayhem" hid some of my more badly strategized rants (think Abigail said - Ah now I get your crazy).

Its actually the second game in a row I was driven crazy in day 2. Last time I was actually onto 2 wolves and they kept annoying the crap out of me. ISLA was just saying "You are a wolf" and "vote Derry" without any explanation.

In terms of Isla, I think it was simply that the character was genuinely pissing me off an distracting me from my methodical (and flawed) recording of peoples posts. I think I highlighted in caps locks to emphasise how much I really hated ISLA . . :(

I thought Angus was Tigger because he was playing the game so well. But I thought if he was Tigger on the wolves, the village will follow him to ruin. I just felt his powers of persuasion were too strong and that the wolves would surely take out such an instinctively good player if they were good.

Sort of gives you an insight into how unhealthy this game is for me ! !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drumpot wrote: »
    I thought Angus was Tigger because he was playing the game so well. But I thought if he was Tigger on the wolves, the village will follow him to ruin. I just felt his powers of persuasion were too strong and that the wolves would surely take out such an instinctively good player if they were good.

Sort of gives you an insight into how unhealthy this game is for me ! !

This is the exact reason why I decided AGAINST taking out Angus tbh because there was so much doubt around him. I also liked that you had somehow hallmarked me as a goodie so I had no immediate plans to kill you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Did I really break your heart, Drumpot? And are you mended yet?

:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tritium wrote: »
    Couple of reasons. When it was straight FFA I thought I'd a decent shot at safety. I realised that once the FFA votes were so low to make it blind votes more or less that it became a lot riskier. However Derry had come out and his role was potentially more useful so it seemed better to make sure he was protected by the BG. My role on the other hand was argueably less so, and it was more difficult for the wolves to claim it effectively without possibly giving themselves away. I figured it was maybe more useful to die without the wolves knowing I was Britta. I did consider near the end of the evening inviting you to the room but was struggling with the second person to name (Isla was what I had been thinking) so I held off to see how it played out (badly for me :( )

If I'd been Britta I probably would have invited Katie and Abi to join me. We'd have had a apprentice wolf-priest fiasco on us all again!!! So in my case, it'd have been better for me to be lynched before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I know right?! I'll be thumb twiddling all day now

Hehehehehehhe.

Twiddling.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Did I really break your heart, Drumpot? And are you mended yet?

:o

HA, just about getting over it . . . :P

• Advertisement

What would the accounts in Britta room been if she invited a baddie and a goodie just the anon accounts??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If I'd been Britta I probably would have invited Katie and Abi to join me. We'd have had a apprentice wolf-priest fiasco on us all again!!! So in my case, it'd have been better for me to be lynched before that.

I was actually trying to figure out, near the end, if it would have been possible to test someone, had Britta chosen me and someone else. Saying something like "I believe Steve is the seer because BLAH!" to see if Steve got targeted then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

What would the accounts in Britta room been if she invited a baddie and a goodie just the anon accounts??

that or we would have let them use their personal ones

Final score

28-968 to 32-956

We will call it a draw so

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Heh... I'm not sure I could have kept my facade up in a backroom with two goodies. It might have all broken down.. although I like to think I could have convinced ye to lynch Henry yesterday, so...;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think your laptop might have given up with you pushing messages for three threads

I think your laptop might have given up with you pushing messages for three threads

I made quite a mess in the backrooms alright...

wtq2cyypgo1e.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Next vote suspended for using 2 and a Half Men gifs

Next vote suspended for using 2 and a Half Men gifs

:(:(:( It was the only one I could find...

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F04%2Fsweet-brown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

basic vanilla game for those who are twiddling thumbs and to get us all in the right spirit for the next one!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104242408#post104242408

• Advertisement

What's a vanilla game? Is that just a quick one night game?

How do people see any patterns over such a short period of time?

I have such a bad memory I might of even played one of these here before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

its a stripped down basic version of ww. no fancy theme, basic roles etc

if a game can run in one night, it can run over a few days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

vanilla is plain. so breaking it down to minimal roles and minimal flavor, if any. I didn't ask about duration.

Just checked my emails and had one from Dean.

First thought was, what the **** was Dottie emailing about.

But alas just spam :D

I have such a bad memory I might of even played one of these here before!

You did. We ate you around the 4th or 5th night if I recall correctly:o:o:o

I always seem to rand wolf:eek::eek::eek: (dead in first lynch of next game)

I still need to change Frank's password. Can't do it on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

I still need to change Frank's password. Can't do it on mobile

Good ole knarf

Frank's pw has been reset

Advertisement