Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XV - Greendale Community College

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Can someone explain in simple language, what went down?

people started talking about the contents of their pm's which is against the rules for a good reason. Now the game is broken. We've spent weeks planning it and now it's done.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Someone may have said there pm on thread, then someone else went to town and ****ed up the game using it breaking the rules he was protesting everyone breaking.

It took him 3 attempts but tigger finally totally ****ed a game

Is there no way to salvage?

If you read it back with the info at hand a load of roles have been called out its ****ed

no

the backrooms are open, you can all knock yourselves the f*&k out with spoilers

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

It's really not that difficult I would have thought:

RULES
    Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM WerewolfGM and we will respond as soon as possible.
    The Troll The Wolf Team cannot pass the troll amongst themselves, they must always pass it to another team. Discussion of the troll is not banned, but discouraged. Requesting the troll on thread is banned.
    Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    No editing: DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I'm busy in RL for another while but I'll be on shortly to explain further from my POV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Someone may have said there pm on thread, then someone else went to town and ****ed up the game using it breaking the rules he was protesting everyone breaking.

It took him 3 attempts but tigger finally totally ****ed a game

which game character?

people started talking about the contents of their pm's which is against the rules for a good reason. Now the game is broken. We've spent weeks planning it and now it's done.

Ahh no :(:(:(

So sorry. I must have missed who posted the PM.

Pity, I thought it was going great.

Thanks for all the effort and time ye put into this. Really sorry it's ended like this.

housekeeping note everyone please reset your passwords for the anon accounts to what they were when you got them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can someone explain in simple language, what went down?

Basically, the original draft of the roles had a line stating there were 11 human beings or whatever. The PMs were written with that in mind.

As the rules were worked upon, roles edited and other factors, that line was removed from the OP, none of us noticed. I wouldn't have even thought it an issue, no one in the game questioned the number of NRVs.

A few players confirmed they were Human Beings, which isn't a role. Given 11 people were Human Beings, once it was pointed out it was immediately obvious that that person was an NRV. Wolves and roled Goodies didn't know the Human Beings existed, so anyone confused had a role.

So 4 NRVs were confirmed and what, 2 roled players were confirmed as roled to wolves.

• Advertisement

Basically, the original draft of the roles had a line stating there were 11 human beings or whatever. The PMs were written with that in mind.

As the rules were worked upon, roles edited and other factors, that line was removed from the OP, none of us noticed. I wouldn't have even thought it an issue, no one in the game questioned the number of NRVs.

A few players confirmed they were Human Beings, which isn't a role. Given 11 people were Human Beings, once it was pointed out it was immediately obvious that that person was an NRV. Wolves and roled Goodies didn't know the Human Beings existed, so anyone confused had a role.

So 4 NRVs were confirmed and what, 2 roled players were confirmed as roled to wolves.

Cheers for that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jesus Christ can people not follow rules as directed. I have a big post in my backroom about my feelings on this.

Thanks mods for the effort.

**** you cheaters

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I haven't gone into the backroom yet, so I am just saying this irrespective of who is behind it, but you really need to have a long hard look at why you play this game. Is it about winning or is it about having fun.

So much work goes into setting up a game and moderators, and a lot goes into playing it.

it really doesn't need people being dicks and ruining it for everyone else!!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Jake's password reverted.

Sorry mods that it came to this. I was enjoying myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sorry guys, especially the mods. i was henry, and when i said i was a 'human', i knew i was skirting in grey area. in my original response, i said i was a villager, but reread it and revised that to human. the reason, well if i said villager all the NRV would presume me to be roled.

i didnt think it would have caused such mayhem. i thought the ruling was not to post any any pm's, as oppose to referring to them at all.

all i can say is sorry again. genuinely didnt mean to fuk the entire game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Ah here, I was coming on to vote and find the game shut down :(

password has been reset on this account.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Password reset mods.

I never changed the password, that count as a reset?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sorry guys, especially the mods. i was henry, and when i said i was a 'human', i knew i was skirting in grey area. in my original response, i said i was a villager, but reread it and revised that to human. the reason, well if i said villager all the NRV would presume me to be roled.

i didnt think it would have caused such mayhem. i thought the ruling was not to post any any pm's, as oppose to referring to them at all.

all i can say is sorry again. genuinely didnt mean to fuk the entire game

As a "Human" also (Jake, btw), I wouldn't have twigged if you'd said Villager. I didn't even twig when Isla said "Human" early in the game.

quickbeam wrote: »
    As a "Human" also (Jake, btw), I wouldn't have twigged if you'd said Villager. I didn't even twig when Isla said "Human" early in the game.

I said that but only as I watch the show I was Ainne, I didnt get the human being pm

• Advertisement

as a person who knew all the roles I only twigged it was an issue when Ewan pointed it out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Password reset. Shame that it's ended like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Honestly i thought i was the human being mascot :D:D

i had planned to try and drop a few hints of posting mute posts or something esry for late game but wasn't arsed in the end. :O

thank god i didn't now

i presume ewan is tigger then? i dont think its fair to blame him. blame me, and the others who broke the rules. tigger merly pointed it out.

perhaps the game could have carried on, if ewan didnt labour the point, but the game still could have been ****ed with 4 NRV confirmed (i was aware of 3 - isla, tegan and me).

i presume ewan is tigger then? i dont think its fair to blame him. blame me, and the others who broke the rules. tigger merly pointed it out.

perhaps the game could have carried on, if ewan didnt labour the point, but the game still could have been ****ed with 4 NRV confirmed (i was aware of 3 - isla, tegan and me).

Once it was out, it was out.

Also I dont blame you Yoss or Tigger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Abi was evil!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Necro right???

I had you down as a sure thing goodie. B*stard!!

Abi was evil!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Necro right???

I had you down as a sure thing goodie. B*stard!!

at least i had abi before the **** hit the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Completely agree with the mods in this case and i think they were let down badly by some of the players on this game (Tbh i maybe skirted it myself with the doll at one point though when someone pointed out the rule line i stfu on it as i hadnt intended to push the rules there)

Ill reset my password when i get home mods. Genuinely gutted for you after you put a lot of effort into a really well constructed game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

how many of the last few games have had to be stopped because of unsporting behaviour.

This really has to stop.

This is the first game to be completely abandoned as well.

It's really not a good trend at all.

Advertisement