Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XV - Greendale Community College

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ah lads, its hardly tiggers fault, he just used the info im front of him on the thread.

Guffy wrote: »
    Ah lads, its hardly tiggers fault, he just used the info im front of him on the thread.

3 games he has lead to a stoppage

It's a shame it had to end like this.

A well thought out game. Utmost respect to digi, TB & ecto. Don't be disheartened for too long please xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

at least at the next beers we can have a laugh about it.

or a full blown argument maybe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

In my head, Abi was a baddie.

---

Mods/others - I'm sorry that I wasn't around Friday. I was going down the country for a cycle. We were due to leave Dublin at 4, but it was closer to 5 when we left. I had left my house at 3 though and was driving.

Had intended on catching up on our food stop in Moneygall (Obama Plaza), but there was no signal.

Because we were late leaving Dublin and had traffic, we were very late arriving to register. It closed at 8.30, we arrived at 8.28, so I didn't get to cast a vote.

Yesterday I was cycling. I was on the bike at 10 and didn't get back to the finish until 6, by the time I got grub into me and I got changed, I had enough time to vote and then I was driving again. It was 11.30 when I got home last night and I was exhausted.

I tried to catch up today, and I had been thinking lots about how to use my role for the good. I was Pierce (Steve) and had been hoping to try and find a way to track where the troll had gone, but by the time I caught up, the rules had changed.

Thanks for your hard work mods, and sorry if I was dicking around by not being around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    Abi was evil!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Necro right???

I had you down as a sure thing goodie. B*stard!!

I was a good baddie then:P:P

I don't blame Tigger at all he was merely pointing out the facts. Read my back room. Not going to say too much more on the issue cos I'm too pissed (and a little drunk) right now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

(btw, Steve would have been getting the doll tonight. Even before he signaled he was Pierce....)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

This is so crap that this has happened, only got one day of it really as was out all day yesterday.

Liam account password reset.

I really feel for the mods. QB and I had a stoppage our game, it really is tough. Modding is the next hardest job after raising kids. Don't give up modding guys, hope you will come back and do another one. I may not know a thing about community but you really did a sterling job.

I assumed the human thing was just cos of who I was till it blew up there and I clicked. Angle shooting is just bollix, PM info should never be shared. It just ruins things.

Sorry it happened to you guys :mad:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry reset

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

imbox and sent items emptied, list subscriptions cleared. never changed password on either account. singing out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

can't spell signing ?? idiot ^^

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What was the story with Kevin? Was he not even a character that was playing?

What was the story with Kevin? Was he not even a character that was playing?

kevin was the vig who was activate after his name was said three times and could kill on 4th itteration. not sure if kevin or chang was the phrase. one time kill. good nrv after

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    kevin was the vig who was activate after his name was said three times and could kill on 4th itteration. not sure if kevin or chang was the phrase. one time kill. good nrv after

So who was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Well that was a disappointing ending. It was my first game to be a mod and to those who have gone before me, I doff my cap to you. It's a lot of work. Thanks to Digi and TB for bringing me on board and explaining things to me.

Thanks also to Uriel. and sKeith who stepped in as subs.

I'm really genuinely sorry that the game had to end, but I really don't think salvageable with some players unhappy, others outed (wrongly in some cases). That said, I want to draw attention to what Uriel. said above:
    Uriel. wrote: »
    how many of the last few games have had to be stopped because of unsporting behaviour.

This was my thinking too and is actually what convinced me that maybe it was time to have a game cut short. Previous mods have scrambled and bent over backwards to try and fix deliberate game breaks and I love them for it but where does it stop? We do it, so the next mods feel pressure to do it etc. etc. Maybe this game stoppage will encourage people to read the rules and follow them. I certainly hope it will because I genuinely love playing this game with you guys.

I'm not looking to blame anyone and I'll even acknowledge that it is possible that some game-breaky elements may be foreseeable but that is usually with the benefit of hindsight; when you are coming up with concepts, roles, powers and so on, it is nigh on impossible to predict every potential outcome. I'm sure there is such thing as a perfect game but part of the fun in playing is the unexpected outcomes.

Thanks to all who showed up and played and I hope this is the last time anything like this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

So who was he?

Mrs FD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

So who was he?

I was Kevin/Chang

I had no idea until I was Chang'd.

Mrs FD
    or liam ww

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I enjoyed my music thread while it lasted :( sorry I have to leave it so soon now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ewan password reset.
    Nothing else to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Well that was a disappointing ending. It was my first game to be a mod and to those who have gone before me, I doff my cap to you. It's a lot of work. Thanks to Digi and TB for bringing me on board and explaining things to me.

Thanks also to Uriel. and sKeith who stepped in as subs.

I'm really genuinely sorry that the game had to end, but I really don't think salvageable with some players unhappy, others outed (wrongly in some cases). That said, I want to draw attention to what Uriel. said above:

This was my thinking too and is actually what convinced me that maybe it was time to have a game cut short. Previous mods have scrambled and bent over backwards to try and fix deliberate game breaks and I love them for it but where does it stop? We do it, so the next mods feel pressure to do it etc. etc. Maybe this game stoppage will encourage people to read the rules and follow them. I certainly hope it will because I genuinely love playing this game with you guys.

I'm not looking to blame anyone and I'll even acknowledge that it is possible that some game-breaky elements may be foreseeable but that is usually with the benefit of hindsight; when you are coming up with concepts, roles, powers and so on, it is nigh on impossible to predict every potential outcome. I'm sure there is such thing as a perfect game but part of the fun in playing is the unexpected outcomes.

Thanks to all who showed up and played and I hope this is the last time anything like this happens.

Thanks to the three of you!!!
    I never heard of community before, but the game (announcements etc.) were very well put together!!!

I am genuinely sorry how it ended for you.

While unfortunate, annoying, depressing, for it to end the way it did, I think you made the right call to draw it to a halt. I don't believe it was particularly salvageable. I know how difficult it is to design, run and modulate a game.

I think there's a period of reflection warranted as to what each of us wants out of playing WW here on boards, be it anon or non-anon games.

Thanks gals and guy!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Password reset on account.

I'm gonna miss this baby girl, I had a lot of fun times as Abi :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Password reset on account.

I'm gonna miss this baby girl, I had a lot of fun times as Abi :(

You left her all sticky last time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thanks mods for bringing us a great game while it lasted. Unfortunately myself and necro had no way back after the rule break was realised, I cant see how it could have continued.

On a side note, was Angus a newbie? Excellent debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Ewan password reset.
    Nothing else to say

An oppurtune time to stop talking I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Kolido wrote: »
    Thanks mods for bringing us a great game while it lasted. Unfortunately myself and necro had no way back after the rule break was realised, I cant see how it could have continued.

On a side note, was Angus a newbie? Excellent debut.

oh you!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

An oppurtune time to stop talking I would say.

I am sorry to you and all the mods that worked hard on this game.

I hadn't a clue about the other goings on backstage and hadn't considered you were struggling to deal with other crap..

I really wasn't trying to rub you guys up the wrong way by breaking rules. I wasnt intentionally trying to screw things uo, hence the reason I felt so hard done by.

I was really enjoying the game and for that i really am appreciative. I'm very disappointed and sorry that I contributed to your troubles while you were keeping this game moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Drumpot wrote: »
    I am sorry to you and all the mods that worked hard on this game.

I hadn't a clue about the other goings on backstage and hadn't considered you were struggling to deal with other crap..

I really wasn't trying to rub you guys up the wrong way by breaking rules. I wasnt intentionally trying to screw things uo, hence the reason I felt so hard done by.

I was really enjoying the game and for that i really am appreciative. I'm very disappointed and sorry that I contributed to your troubles while you were keeping this game moving.

Thanks Drumpot, to be fair I do think it's hard to conceive of all the stuff that's happening 'backstage' when you're playing the game yourself. :)

The game break was no one person's fault but it's definitely time to have a discussion about it in general, so hey, maybe this will be for the best in the end.

@sully was there any posts deleted from today and could you reinstate them in so please and thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Ao sorry you guys had to end it like this guys.

I missed a vote yesterday cos of RL stuff and only noticed the 10 votes per 24 hours rule today so I'm as guilty as anyone for not paying attention to the rules, as I chose to stay tactically quiet before seeing that.

Being a mod is a near impossible job. Maybe as a group we need some sort of palate cleanser, or going through a total game stoppage will cause us to cop on.

Sorry all your planning came down to this guys, the flavour of the game was probably the best I've seen so far and it was a great effort by the three of you

Advertisement