Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XV - Greendale Community College

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

bed after this, i promise.

okay, i know the game of deception and lying is over, but i am still awake and drunk, so one more .. wth.

cant believe nobody posted the translation of the spanish the brenadan spoke lol....

gn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lol. Just realised sully was pierce/Steve. That would have been an awkward conversation if we had turned them to the dark side through the doll given I was pushing her for the noose for 3 straight days :P

So, come on, who figured me out? Absolutely delighted about my last minute switch of Angus to Frank (which took out the priest).
    For clarity Katie, Angus or possibly Holly would have been next for the munching.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Password reset and gave the place a good cleaning.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Also the only person who I figured their actual boards identity was QB and that was only cos of her spreadsheets :P I really wanted to keep Jake around as we were making quite the 'team'. Hehe

I had an inkling Isla might be Mick on day 1 but then day 2 I thought they were Tigger.

Quick shout out to patrickSTARR for a stellar first game, you did a great job of leading the village on day 2 in particular. How the heck did you twig Orla btw?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Drumpot wrote: »
    I don't think I should continue with my spreadsheet strategy.

I'm so tired I can't even work out who was good or bad, on a spreadsheet that tells me exactly who was who!!!

Shuddup!!! :( Spreadsheets rule!!!!
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Lol. Just realised sully was pierce/Steve. That would have been an awkward conversation if we had turned them to the dark side through the doll given I was pushing her for the noose for 3 straight days :P

So, come on, who figured me out? Absolutely delighted about my last minute switch of Angus to Frank (which took out the priest).
    For clarity Katie, Angus or possibly Holly would have been next for the munching.

Totally figured out that Abi = Necro. Totally didn't twig that Abi = baddie.

In this post ....
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Actually not quite true. I do have an idea on one player being a goodie, but I'm obviously not going to say who.

... I was referring to Isla. I figured only a NRV would cause so much confusion, in order to try and annoy the wolves and get munched. It had Mick's stamp all over it too.

But it wasn't too long after that post that I had Katie and Abi both lumped together as goodies. And Conor too actually. I was gutted when I read in back room that Abi was baddie. Totally took me unawares.

I would have totally gone after Henry once I was back up and running on my computer yesterday, so I'd have been dead wrong on that one too.

Also the only person who I figured their actual boards identity was QB and that was only cos of her spreadsheets :P I really wanted to keep Jake around as we were making quite the 'team'. Hehe

I had an inkling Isla might be Mick on day 1 but then day 2 I thought they were Tigger.

Quick shout out to patrickSTARR for a stellar first game, you did a great job of leading the village on day 2 in particular. How the heck did you twig Orla btw?

Ah yeah. I knew I was pretty obvious this game, but as "human", I didn't mind so much, compared with last game when I was Eva/Batman and tried to keep more under the radar. Yeah, I was feeling the "team" thing too ... b@stard!!!!!!

I also had a fondness for my old ego, Eva and was very disappointed when she didn't participate. I see in the backroom others having similar feelings of warmth / protectiveness against their old characters. It's weird really.

• Advertisement

Apoligies, mods, if this exacerbated the problems yesterday. If anything I was trying to alleviate the problem. My reasoning was that I didn't want Holly to be automatically assumed a wolf just because she didn't understand the human references, as there could have been other reasons (ie a rolled goodie) that would account for her not understanding.

And this morning it dawned on me that if all NRVs did reveal themselves it could actually have helped the wolves. If they knew the NRVs, and they knew the wolves, then they could work out the rolled villagers and target them. So, it wasn't the disaster from their point of view that Necro, in the back room might have thought. In fact, it possibly would have done more harm to the villagers than the baddies in the long run.

But anyway, I've been feeling guilty about that post to Holly and wanted to address it, explain it, and apologise for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

And of course from my perspective......

.....still not a wolf!!!!!

(Better be epic when it finally happens)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Apoligies, mods, if this exacerbated the problems yesterday. If anything I was trying to alleviate the problem. My reasoning was that I didn't want Holly to be automatically assumed a wolf just because she didn't understand the human references, as there could have been other reasons (ie a rolled goodie) that would account for her not understanding.

And this morning it dawned on me that if all NRVs did reveal themselves it could actually have helped the wolves. If they knew the NRVs, and they knew the wolves, then they could work out the rolled villagers and target them. So, it wasn't the disaster from their point of view that Necro, in the back room might have thought. In fact, it possibly would have done more harm to the villagers than the baddies in the long run.

But anyway, I've been feeling guilty about that post to Holly and wanted to address it, explain it, and apologise for it.
    Holly is now in rehab.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

But when it would have come down to NRV vs wolfs + SK, it would be game over, there was only 3 baddies left.

Kolido wrote: »
    But when it would have come down to NRV vs wolfs + SK, it would be game over, there was only 3 baddies left.

That's precisely what Ewan was saying... Kill both timelines and the village wins

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, did Orla really just not realise I would have instantly known about her not genuinely being the seer <_<

I was looking for a grand plan behind that mistake but was it genuinely just an oversight?

quickbeam wrote:

Once we killed off the roled villagers it would have been damn obvious who was the last remaining wolves/SK.

Something else just dawned on me. Anyone that included me in their FFA on both days was killed off (Gabriel was lynched, Frank was munched). I reckon I could have led a lynch on Henry. And Holly most likely would be on the list for munching this morning.

I'm like the mark of death or something:D

Lord TSC wrote:
    I was looking for a grand plan behind that mistake but was it genuinely just an oversight?

I feel that was probably my fault. I wanted to get the heat off Orla (evil seer after all) and was planning on tossing Fiona under the bus but raze talked me down and I think went down the road of the reveal cos he figured he was done.

I was holding off on killing you as long as I could because like Jake I reckoned you had some level of trust in me. Plus there was healthy suspicion around you claiming good Troy. Would have had to do it at some point though to make sure you didn't get the doll.

Derry too! Drumpot even put me on a good list on day 1!!!

Once we killed off the roled villagers it would have been damn obvious who was the last remaining wolves/SK.

Something else just dawned on me. Anyone that included me in their FFA on both days was killed off (Gabriel was lynched, Frank was munched). I reckon I could have led a lynch on Henry. And Holly most likely would be on the list for munching this morning.

I'm like the mark of death or something:D

Holly would have outed Evil Jeff and Confirmed Evil Abed and confirmed Isla as good before you got the munch. You'd then have to slip into the darkness - though Angus, Katie, Derry and Ewan had enough suspicion on them to keep you alive so it could perhaps have come down to the wire (also because it would take two lynches to off Fiona, which presumably would have been the villages priority for the following two nights). Plus it would have been interesting to see if the village believed Holly.

I feel that was probably my fault. I wanted to get the heat off Orla (evil seer after all) and was planning on tossing Fiona under the bus but raze talked me down and I think went down the road of the reveal cos he figured he was done.

I was holding off on killing you as long as I could because like Jake I reckoned you had some level of trust in me. Plus there was healthy suspicion around you claiming good Troy. Would have had to do it at some point though to make sure you didn't get the doll.

Derry too! Drumpot even put me on a good list on day 1!!!

I figured that you might have been Britta - you mentioned the character a lot and were engaging with Katie on the getting a band merry humans together. You were on my peek list (to confirm if you were Britta lol) but had Katie ahead of you so that she could confirm the truth in the reveal I was gearing up for.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    I figured that you might have been Britta - you mentioned the character a lot and were engaging with Katie on the getting a band merry humans together. You were on my peek list (to confirm if you were Britta lol) but had Katie ahead of you so that she could confirm the truth in the reveal I was gearing up for.

Nope, not Britta, Britta was the one who told you all to string up Abi.....

.....and then you lynched me you shower of ingrates :p

tritium wrote: »

.....and then you lynched me you shower of ingrates :p

Tegan (last game) and Gabriel haven't been good for you, Trit!! Two early and unwarranted lynches.

What made you think Abi was bad?

Uriel. wrote:
    Holly would have outed Evil Jeff and Confirmed Evil Abed and confirmed Isla as good before you got the munch. You'd then have to slip into the darkness - though Angus, Katie, Derry and Ewan had enough suspicion on them to keep you alive so it could perhaps have come down to the wire (also because it would take two lynches to off Fiona, which presumably would have been the villages priority for the following two nights). Plus it would have been interesting to see if the village believed Holly.

Yep, and with no priest to confirm anything it sure would have been interesting. Angus was my priority yesterday but only out of revenge. It was only after he left Frank off his suspect list that I actually went back and caught that Frank had a role when he was under suspicion Friday but didn't reveal it.

I actually thought you were roled and might be Britta yourself as I said in the back rooms. If you had slipped through the net this morning (we'll never know now) you very well could have won the game for the village. If they believed you of course.
    Shame how it ended as it really could have gone either way. I wasn't sure on Starburns (well played MrsF!) either and Clodagh was doing a great job of staying under the radar

tritium wrote:

That move I made to get you and Angus raced was by far the riskiest one I played. At the time I wasn't that important to the team (no powers bar possibly getting the doll), we weren't sure if Shirley was alive or dead but I had to keep up my high posting rate and I felt your argument with Angus was going to put ye in the spotlight.

I changed tact the second day and didn't really push anyone hard for a lynch so I could stay under the radar

Big shout out to Patrickstarr. You were playing a blinder.

Here's some quotes from the sign up thread:-

"Judging by the last few games I've read over, it will take a lot to keep up at times and I don't want to be a passenger in the game. Id like to be fully involved rather than a bit part player"

"But with playing under a radar, I would be still actively reading the thread. I cant see myself keeping up with the game from Friday onwards which I think is vital to be involved.
    I wouldn't want to take a spot away from someone else who could be active."

"Thanks for allowing me to join
    I think it will be too much and If anyone wants to take my place now, please speak up now, I really don't mind dropping out if someone really wants in.
    If not Ill give it a bash."

Haha Patrick. You sure did bash it.

Tegan (last game) and Gabriel haven't been good for you, Trit!! Two early and unwarranted lynches.

What made you think Abi was bad?

Trying to subtly manipulate the game, steering towards a very specific FFA with very little game time gone and plenty of time to the lynch. It was done in a way that avoided taking any blame for the mislynch down the line (although I haven't read the wolf rooms yet and could be way of on their strategy:p)

tritium wrote:
    Trying to subtly manipulate the game, steering towards a very specific FFA with very little game time gone and plenty of time to the lynch. It was done in a way that avoided taking any blame for the mislynch down the line (although I haven't read the wolf rooms yet and could be way of on their strategy )

Nope, that was it exactly. And it somehow worked :P I didn't even vote for either of you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I never got a chance to let Tegan shine. :(

I never got a chance to let Tegan shine.

I was looking for you, I wanted someone to bounce my GIFs off:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I was looking for you, I wanted someone to bounce my GIFs off:(

It was too early for my gif mayhem. I usually wait for the game to be a bit more developed or my head is on the line, sadly, it was not to be.

Advertisement