Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Anyone phoning myself... My phones (house and mobile) have been checked - and they have been found NOT to be secure. There is too many ears on the line presently. Please take this into account if you are considering calling myself.

Who is this guy, John Gotti?

I think he is really trying to distract from being called out by ogle the other day.

Jeff's arch nemesis is reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭whippet

So let’s get this clear ... as a leader of a Political Party he hasn’t giving any indication of how he will either vote or campaign on the issue of the 8th ? His only commentary on the matter is a worry that this referendum is only a smoke screen to allow FG a hidden back door in to being able to alter every law / section of the constitution at will .....

The guy is delusional ... with no back bone ... the only matter he can be staunch on is one which will take away some of the very generous social welfare he is in receipt of for decades !!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

whippet wrote: »
    So let’s get this clear ... as a leader of a Political Party
    I have to stop you right there!

kbannon wrote: »

3000 Facebook friends.

27 in his constituency...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

In fairness it is registered, but that's about the only thing it has in common with other parties

• Advertisement

****STOP PRESS ***** STOP PRESS ****
    National public meeting - Issue: #JOBPATH
    2pm, 17th Feb - The Teachers Club (36 Parnell Sq, Dublin).
    Function of meeting:
    1. To become organised
    2. Expose the ongoing abuses and bring about their stoppage.
    3. Gain media attention to hidden national issue.
    4. Stop TD's and local elected ignoring abuse issues.
    This is NOT a left-wing or right-wing issue.
    It's a human rights issue.

This is early afternoon on a Wednesday ... what sort of turn out can Jeff expect at 2pm on a Wednesday when everyone is at work !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

****STOP PRESS ***** STOP PRESS ****

This is early afternoon on a Wednesday ... what sort of turn out can Jeff expect at 2pm on a Wednesday when everyone is at work !!!!

17th Feb is a Saturday in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭blackwhite

National public meeting - Issue: #JOBPATH
    2pm, 17th Feb - The Teachers Club (36 Parnell Sq, Dublin).
    Function of meeting:
    1. To become organised
    2. Expose the ongoing abuses and bring about their stoppage.
    3. Gain media attention to hidden national issue.
    4. Stop TD's and local elected ignoring abuse issues.
    This is NOT a left-wing or right-wing issue.
    It's a human rights issue

The human right to never be expected to get off your hole and earn a cent for yourself?

17th Feb is a Saturday in fairness.

My bad !!! Don’t know what calendar I was looking at !

blackwhite wrote: »
    The human right to never be expected to get off your hole and earn a cent for yourself?

I am sort of stuck on this point. Surely what he receives in social welfare etc is well above and beyond human rights.

People in direct provision would be borderline on some rights (depending on where you draw the line).

It drives me mad when 'political groups' use this kind of hyperbole to overhype their position. One of Jeff's integrity Ireland buddies was putting up posters about Ireland being 'the most corrupt country in the world'

What sort of twisted world view do you have to have to convince yourself of these things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

My bad !!! Don’t know what calendar I was looking at !

Jeff's calendar looks like

SAT SAT SAT SAT SAT SAT SUN SAT SAT SAT...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not the Gregorian Calendar, maybe it was a Ruddorian Calendar which has two days in rotation (Sunday & Benefit Day) then the occasional Polling day and Meeting Day.

Jeff's calendar looks like

SAT SAT SAT SAT SAT SAT SUN SAT SAT SAT...

As the Dowager Grantham said, "What is a weekend ?"

Our Jeff truly is a man of leisure.

He’s declared on Facebook that he is taking a couple of hours off social media to work on his clearandgraphic and clearandsound projects !! He acts like social media is his full time job .. maybe he should learn to play Minecraft and become a millionaire you tuber.

Imagine having the luxuary of only having to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday to work on your start up business !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Credit where credit is due. Jeff has played this Seetec stuff well. He needed something to latch himself onto since Irish Water went down the tubes just like United People did a few years ago. His party of one was decimated, anyone connected with the party that had a modicum of sense held there noses and walked.

Enter the Job-botherers at Intreo and Jeff was back in the game!
    He's done well in fooling the foolish over the last year. Over on the Right to Water campaign page on FB they too have started rallying around the Anti Jobpath cause and Jeff is getting good kudos from the posters there too although a lot of people seem to think it was Jeff that brought the case. He's done very well in muddying that too- as in his posts on the matter do kinda make it look like a Jeff Rudd, United People cause guest featuring Damien.

As usual, Jeff high on the fumes of FB Likes he takes the now well worn path of delusion. Down he goes with the weight of his own gravitas believing he needs to martyr himself to get the fools that listen to him to feel for him too. Tapped phones has been a recurring theme in the Rudd house, Gardai checking number plates at meetings, being photographed by strangers, Facebook having it for him on direction of their Fine Gael overlords (how weird is that one?!) etc. etc. etc.

Turning past facts into present fiction has been a factor throughout Jeff's political odyssey. The broken window/house attack because of his work against Jobpath is quite something. He got into bother over a pic of a kid that a local nutter took exception to. But the past is a foreign country for Jeff.
    As he gets new followers he thinks his back story starts anew too. United People is a New Party for a Betterment Way!

Even the advertisement of United People being a new party is a lie. Start as mean to go on Jeff: lie, lie and lie.

But credit where credit's due- he knows his audience and has fooled enough of them once again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The mainstream media have gone off a bit on Jobpath which has probably only helped fuel him.

18% success rate sounds terrible, until you realise that 18% are all Jeff-alikes and even getting 1% to fulltime employment is a success story.

L1011 wrote: »
    The mainstream media have gone off a bit on Jobpath which has probably only helped fuel him.

18% success rate sounds terrible, until you realise that 18% are all Jeff-alikes and even getting 1% to fulltime employment is a success story.

you can prove anything with statistics.

I would suggest that a significant amount of those who are in JobPath are chronically unemployed and have little or no interest or chance of employment.

Personally I believe that it is a blunt instrument which was poorly introduced to weed out the can't work from the won't work.

This is highlighted by the likes of Jeff who is on the record of stating that he didn't need any help compiling a CV or in looking for work. So either he is delusional as to his own abilities or he has no interest in seeking work - either way a mechanism of the likes of JobPath and the stick approach is needed.

There is plenty or work available in the north east - I know as I am living there and if he was really interested in supporting himself and his family he wouldn't have to worry about the bully boys in Seetec.

It seems that a few small minded people don't like the way I speak - even though I try to avoid vulgarity - so instead of helping the people of Ireland and supporting causes, they moan about how they "don't understand" and refuse to try make a difference as they whine about my grammar.
    I hope this message is clear to them. If they don't like the way I speak, get the hell off my page and unfriend me. I will continue to speak up and out. Take me as I am or don't take me at all. I will not be putting on false polished wording. I speak from the heart - warts and errors too.
    It's who I am. Jeff Rudd. Like me, read me or exit! At least some of us are trying to do something to make things better in Ireland besides just moaning over grammar!

Jeff isn't one of the fat cat elites with their false polished wording. Deal with it.

No point even satirising him when his followers come out with this.
    "Personally I'm sick to the teeth of the posh boys(& girls) in Leinster House with their perfect grammar and fancy suits. "

PS- Be warned if you're having a look at this facebook as its full of suicide attempt pics. I know..

Jeff isn't one of the fat cat elites with their false polished wording. Deal with it.

No point even satirising him when his followers come out with this.
    "Personally I'm sick to the teeth of the posh boys(& girls) in Leinster House with their perfect grammar and fancy suits. "

PS- Be warned if you're having a look at this facebook as its full of suicide attempt pics. I know..

I can’t be arse even looking at his crap anymore ... he is just a total embarrassment to himself and to the whole social welfare system in Ireland. Disgusting use of pictures from mentally ill vulnerable individuals allowing jeff to make his on narrative on why.

He misses the point constantly as to why he is wrong. One such case of someone who said they were unable to work due to mental illness was apparently shocked to have their job seekers allowance cut !! Utter gobsites

Was watching an old episode of the Simpsons today. Homers last line in this exchange. reminded me of Jeff.

“If you turn that security camera around, you can sleep and no one will ever know.” – Homer Simpson
    “I don’t think we’re being paid to sleep.” – Frank Grimes
    “Oh yeah, they’re always trying to screw you.” – Homer Simpson

That said, at least Homer is gainfully employed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused trying to marry legalese and Ruddese.

The case yesterday concerning Damien Fagan V. DSP ruled that the DSP acted unfairly/illegally in suspending Damien's benefits. It was shown that Damien had met with his appointments but refused to sign a contract with Seetec. This contract isn't legally enforceable and the receiving of benefits shouldn't depend on signing the Seetec contract

So the court ruled that he didn't need to sign a contract with Seetec to continue claiming benefits. All he was required to do was engage with and fulfil his appointments with his DSP case worker etc. which he was doing. I think that's the gist of it?

But what's all this about continuing on the case to the Supreme Court? What I think I'm reading via Jeff is that the DSP acted illegally and they should face charges for suspending Damien's benefits.

So it's off to the Supreme Court to press charges against the DSP?...or something?
    I don’t think there has been any judgement yet. Think Rudd is blowing smoke out his hole.
    The judgment's been published.

In short, the actions of Seetec were not judicially reviewable. Everything else was (his quarrels with Dept of Social Protection, Social Welfare Appeals, the Minister) moot as he had already been refunded the disputed Social Welfare payments.

The Supreme Court can sleep easy that the Trial of The Century won't be troubling it anytime soon.

Some breaking news this morning !!!

I had hoped to announce yesterday the start of ground breaking legal action being taken by a legal team and myself (me acting as principle litigant) against the state.
    The case is seriously a very important one - so in order that we have everything right, we are now going to commence the case against the state hopefully next Monday (barring accidents).
    The case not only should be news in Ireland but outside (of Ireland) media should probably pick up on it too as it's a right whopper of a case.
    The case is going ahead - we are just double checking everything (documents, laws, etc) extremely carefully first.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

More money pissed against a wall on another "I will not be opressed by having a job" campaign.
    It's his family that I feel sorry for!

I’m sorry .. I won’t be able to make my next seetec appointment ... I’m busy hatching a plan to never have to work again !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

More money pissed against a wall on another "I will not be opressed by having a job" campaign.
    It's his family that I feel sorry for!
    He'll be spending a minimum of €190 to initiate a case in the High Court as a lay litigant.

Robbo wrote: »
    He'll be spending a minimum of €190 to initiate a case in the High Court as a lay litigant.

the Tesco chicken nuggets will need to be stretched for a while !!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Robbo wrote: »

Just another reason to argue that a significant chunk of social welfare payments should be in the form of food or fuel vouchers. Poor Jeffs head might literally explode if that was to happen.

From reading the judgement it looks like the judge is saying that Seetec have no right to reduce payments but that they can tell the dept. social welfare that x isn't engaging and they are free to take action. Some victory.

I trust a man of integrity like Jeff has signed off Job Seekers Allowance since it is quite obvious he hasn’t the time to look for work with all the league actions, report writing, social media spamming and 6 kids to look after

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

...and books to write.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement