Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

...and yet here you are too

I am here. I am not on Jeff Rudd’s social media in its various incantations following his every bizarre pronouncement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Jeff virtual signaling out the window of a taxi .... that sums up our very generous welfare state right there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I am here. I am not on Jeff Rudd’s social media in its various incantations following his every bizarre pronouncement.
    Neither am I. I had 15 minutes to kill whilst eating breakfast (before I head to work).
    Unlike the subject of this thread who is under the illusion that he is a hard working politician who appears to neglect his family by spending his welfare money on criticising the very hand that feeds him.
    The worst part is that there are many gullible people who believe the crap that comes from this work-shy leech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Jeff is just an example of a group of people in Ireland that have a far better quality of life than they've earned, and complain about it every step of the way.
    The fact Jeff has pitched his own grievances as political is the reason this thread exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

This is such a weird thread. The subject is bonkers, but the obsession with said subject is unhealthy at the same time....

...said the person with over 33,000 posts on an internet forum. :pac:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

furiousox wrote: »
    ...said the person with over 33,000 posts on an internet forum. :pac:

Zing

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

"The peaceful effort by UP members to try get people housed, goes on."

Which means what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,290 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"The peaceful effort by UP members to try get people housed, goes on."

Which means what exactly?

It means he once posted on Facebook "People should be housed" and then knocked over one of his flasks while patting himself on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I doubt he receives many phone calls in his rudd cave, but any he does receive, he is just making the world a worse place by spreading his nonsense and encouraging people to be a bum like himself.

If the man lived in a less generous welfare state than the one he does he would have already starved.

I wonder if Sinn Fein form a government, how long everything will continue to be FG's fault?

5-7 years minimum I would suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This is such a weird thread. The subject is bonkers, but the obsession with said subject is unhealthy at the same time. It’s such a negative read all round.

Ah the fun police are on patrol again. The unfollow button is right there at the bottom... do you do this on all threads you don't like or just this one?

Neither am I. I also don't use Facebook but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the craziness of the "Dumb/Great Facebook Status" thread.
    eldamo wrote: »
    I wonder if Sinn Fein form a government, how long everything will continue to be FG's fault?

I think the real reason he professes to detest SF is because they're competing for the same anti-everything, promise anything, electorate except about 100 times more successfully.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

eldamo wrote: »

I think Sinn Fein have kind of painted themselves into a corner with the likes of this leech - they've spent years banging on about how downtrodden and forgotten the likes of him is (conveniently overlooking all the money that was poured into reskilling him alone) and now they're on the cusp of finding out just how much it costs to keep him sitting on his arse in the shed, cutting and pasting other people's books onto his FB page and passing it off as his own and demanding his skewed dossers charter must be heard. So, do they continue funding him or do they take on serial spongers with an iron fist at the risk of losing votes?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I remember Enda a few years ago with this guff... "The Government, having listened very carefully to people, set a charge of €1.15 per week or €3. The man who stopped me with the two pints in his hand last week shouting about the cost of water that he could not pay."

Did he mean 2 flasks?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

washiskin wrote: »
    So, do they continue funding him or do they take on serial spongers with an iron fist at the risk of losing votes?

Do you really have to ask? If he got away with this through 9 years of FG-led government, he's set for life.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I see he braved the dash from the back door to the shed to have a tiny cut at Ged Nash in the comment section of the Journal.

washiskin wrote: »
    I see he braved the dash from the back door to the shed to have a tiny cut at Ged Nash in the comment section of the Journal.

That's why the establishment fears and detests him

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

He's organising a protest outside the Dail on Feb 20th.
    Fair play to him, taking the day off work.....

What’s this protest about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

whippet wrote: »

First day back so guaranteed a nice mix of headbangers to make it seem like he’s brought a crowd.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

whippet wrote: »
    I think it has something to do with helping people join words and make a coherent sentence...
    502985.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Let’s talk and not exclude! Lovely sentiment but how far does that get you when debating Jeff on his own page.

• Advertisement

To be fair to Jeff ... he does seem to talk to anyone.

Wasn’t it only a few weeks back he spent the day in Drogheda discussing election strategy with the extreme right wing Irish National Party and posed for a group photo afterwards.

It’s just unfortunate that anyone who is elected or of any importance or has any influence has no interest in him or his hairbrained ideals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Four more years four more years. What do you want? four more years.
    When do you want it? Now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

"Graphic Designer" and can't manage to stop text blurring on an image.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

His incompetence is only matched by his arrogance.

His LinkedIn profile is still very sparse ... especially since he has qualification in digital marketing.

No mention of his business ... but plenty of reference and back story to his glory days of Direct Democracy Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

My "Gawd" he's thick.

FG going into coalition with FF-Jeff throws his toys out of the shed, gets "pissed angry" and decides to call a "national protest" (cough).
    The day Fianna Fail and Fine Gael announce another joining, is the day I organise a national protest.

FG NOT going into coalition with FF-Jeff still decries them from the height of his chair.
    Mr Varadkar is apparently encouraging FF to join up with others instead but just not with the party that gained the most actual votes of 500,000+. Go figure!

So he’s just pissing angry at everything and how his life has turned out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

i am going to try to leave jeff alone for the foreseeable future.

(apologies in advance for coming back ranting and raving after checking into his facebook while waiting for my flight this evening)

but I really am going to TRY and leave him alone

I’m totally blocked from viewing his stuff for the last few weeks and it is quite liberating ... his antics don’t annoy me as much when I can’t see it first hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Oh no, has something happened?
    Is he ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement