Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,979 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How have you assessed Wilder knocks Fury out.

Eh, with his fists!

Anyway, your purse/record assessment means jack sh1t when you consider that "apart" from Wlad his best win/opponent was Derek fooking Chisora..

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

walshb wrote: »
    Eh, with his fists!

Anyway, your purse/record assessment means jack sh1t when you consider that "apart" from Wlad his best win/opponent was Derek fooking Chisora..

Do you not rate cunningham? Or are you a fair weather fan and dont know any of the listed above.

Do you not rate cunningham? Or are you a fair weather fan and dont know any of the listed above.

What? The blown up old CW that Fury beat a few years ago? The one who put Fury on his back?

You're having a laugh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Cyrus wrote: »
    Fury's display against Klitschko is streets ahead of what any other current hw has produced , that's it really. Ortiz took wilder 10 rounds and very nearly stopped him in round 7 I think it was, that's his best form .
    I do laugh people saying Fury isn't ready for it. Fury will UD Wilder all day, he will not get a clear hit on him, jab, hold, jab, hold, stay on the outside and slip and slide shots all night, easy win.

Taytoland wrote: »
    I do laugh people saying Fury isn't ready for it. Fury will UD Wilder all day, he will not get a clear hit on him, jab, hold, jab, hold, stay on the outside and slip and slide shots all night, easy win.

It sure would be an easy win if he could actually do this against a man as tall who will not be afraid to unload serious leather....

• Advertisement

It sure would be an easy win if he could actually do this against a man as tall who will not be afraid to unload serious leather....

All Wilder has is a big right. He has to land it

All Wilder has is a big right. He has to land it

what's that meant to mean?

39/40 opponents he has landed shots to get the win/KO....

I have no issue with anyone saying Fury can win on points IF Fury is on real form. From what I have seen I think Fury is well off real form.

I really don't think Fury can avoid getting slapped hard by Wilder. Unless you want to overrate him even more than you have been?

Plenty fighters have got to his chin, and some had him hurt and wobbled. None were as heavy handed as Wilder, who also has the height and range to get to Fury.

Steven Cunnuingham caught a far more impressive Fury than the one that boxed the other night. Caught him and dropped him. Steve Cunningham is not near the puncher Wilder is, as well as being 3-4 inches shorter.

Anyway, we'll chat again after they fight. Dying to hear your excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyway, won't matter a damn when Wilder KOs Fury...

Some of you Fury fanboys need to take your d1cks out of his ass!

And I'll save this for later.

as for the last comment is that what you are reduced to?

as for the last comment is that what you are reduced to?

That's called a bita' banter.....lighten up.

banter is generally funny, that wasnt even close, i look forward to the next bita banter hopefully its better :pac:

• Advertisement

Mate you come across uneducated and immature. But yeah save it for what ever you want you will disappear here when Tyson wins the bout

Mate you come across uneducated and immature. But yeah save it for what ever you want you will disappear here when Tyson wins the bout

And you come across a a Fury nuthugger!

Chat to you when Fury is flat on his back...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Taytoland wrote: »

You will see. Wilder will get out boxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Genuinely don’t rate Wilder that highly. His only top level fight has been against Ortiz and 20 more seconds in that round and Ortiz had him knocked out.
    A firing Fury wouldn’t be touched by wilder. Wilders foot movement is so predictable.

Fury didn’t get hit once in his last fight, albeit against a poor opponent. Like he said he needed the rounds but it wasn’t a fluid performance.

Fury will continue to improve if he keeps his lifestyle in check. Improve enough to get back to his top level...we will have to wait and see. Should be a good fight

Bookies leaning more with Wilder now post Saturday night..8/11 Wilder and 6/5 Fury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

It's on in November in Vegas. World press tour starts next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

It's on in November in Vegas. World press tour starts next week

Easy nights work for The Gypsy King. Don't think Wilder will be able to lay a glove on him. Press tour should be interesting.

ThunderCat wrote: »
    Easy nights work for The Gypsy King. Don't think Wilder will be able to lay a glove on him. Press tour should be interesting.

Will it be as easy or the same easy as the other night? Wilder not capable of making a better fight of it than Pianeta?

Will it be as easy or the same easy as the other night? Wilder not capable of making a better fight of it than Pianeta?

Fury doesn't rise above he never has. He will strictly box what is in front of him. He doesn't need to go in a blaze. Tyson will have a huge camp and he will be in shape of his life for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

I'd imagine it will be another stinker of a fight because Fury knows that's the gameplan he has to stick to in order to win. He will not engage much due to the risk of Wilders right hand counter which in turn will be enough for a points decision I feel. I don't think Wilder has the boxing ability to take Fury away from this comfort zone. It won't be pretty but I do think Fury will win it.

• Advertisement

Fury doesn't rise above he never has. He will strictly box what is in front of him. He doesn't need to go in a blaze. Tyson will have a huge camp and he will be in shape of his life for it

You just better be back here on fight night.....

Without excuses....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fury will run all night against Wilder.

But Wilder will eventually KO him.

ThunderCat wrote: »
    I'd imagine it will be another stinker of a fight because Fury knows that's the gameplan he has to stick to in order to win. He will not engage much due to the risk of Wilders right hand counter which in turn will be enough for a points decision I feel. I don't think Wilder has the boxing ability to take Fury away from this comfort zone. It won't be pretty but I do think Fury will win it.

So, really you are saying that you will be watching this biting your nails.

36 minutes and Fury has to avoid getting hit clean and hard, just once?

Unless you think that his chin is sturdy enough?

I cannot see Wilder failing to find Fury's chin just once hard and clean.....and this Fury is for me not the same Fury as a few years ago.

And, Fury will also have to land shots to win, or at least give the judges the impression that he is winning.

What shots will he land? tip tab no substance jabs all night, whilst avoiding return fire?

I smell a rope a dope...

that's the advice I'd give Fury. Try take Wilder to the ropes and hope for the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ortiz is a bum.

Fury schooled Wlad.

I like Ortiz but of he is not A level , hes on the same level as Parker and Whyte ,

I like Ortiz but of he is not A level , hes on the same level as Parker and Whyte ,

And far from a bum.....

I think he is above Whyte and Parker...

He is better than anyone on Fury's and AJs record that is not named Wlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I totally agree with this and it’s surprising that there’s so much unwillingness to come around to the fact that they’ve all got similar CVs so far. Tbf AJ has fought Whyte, Parker and Wlad so if any his is the best. I like him the least

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I totally agree with this and it’s surprising that there’s so much unwillingness to come around to the fact that they’ve all got similar CVs so far. Tbf AJ has fought Whyte, Parker and Wlad so if any his is the best. I like him the least

Exactly...

I seem to be the only one noticing this ridiculous selectivity as regards the three of them. It has to be simply from Fury fanboys, or else people who for some odd reason dislike Wilder and AJ, particularly Wilder to the point where they refuse to admit anything perceived as "negative" against Fury..

I asked a very specific question about who have AJ and Fury fought other than Wlad that were so clearly better than Wilder's opponents, and some responded with "what about Wlad?"

All three resumes are pretty even.

You just better be back here on fight night.....

Without excuses....

Same goes for you

• Advertisement

Same goes for you

I'm always here, pal.

Advertisement