Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,961 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cyrus wrote: »
    Fury will beat wilder and Joshua I’m pretty sure just not sure if his interest will maintain beyond that.

Based off last night?

How do you think he beats both?

I really hope Wilder/Fury happens, but something tells me it might not...not next anyway.

Fury must know he is not near the level from 2015.

Now, maybe he doesn’t care and simply wants the cash...but if he is serious about not getting decimated, then a huge improvement is needed. And how long has he got before the bell rings, and a man as tall as him with very heavy hands, and who surely can get to his chin is standing in front front of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

walshb wrote: »
    Based off last night?

To be fair to Fury he fights better when his oppent attacks he always has , He needs a fighter to comemon to him to look good ,
    To me he could have put the foot down and finished it last night but what cpuld is that to anyone say he went out and blasted him away in 3 what good does it do Fury ?
    Its the only fight before Wilder so he needed rounds and he got them , He was barley breeding heavy at the end ,
    I dont think last night could have gone better

Based off last night?

Fury can beat Wilder 2 way by cards or by tko , Wilded can be hit and becaise he swimgs so cray Fury could 100% stop him ,
    Wilder has one way fo win by KO but i do agree ge yas a btter chance of Ko than Fury

I can understand basing one’s assessment off a few years ago..

But last night (unless he was deliberately trying to look very poor) I cannot see how any half knowledgeable fan could be any way confident that Fury beats Wilder..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

But last night (unless he was deliberately trying to look very poor) I cannot see how any half knowledgeable fan could be any way confident that Fury beats Wilder..

wilder is a hype job imo, he mostly beats up on bums. I think Joshua would beat him, and i think fury will.

Fury will control the fight against him and i dont think he will get near him being honest, i could be completely wrong but Fury is twice the boxer wilder is.

Its impossible to tell due to the level of competition either way , its a guess , We all know Fury has fought two low level fighters ,
    But im just saying from past Tyson always looked poor aginst low lebel fighters afraid to come after him ,
    Obviously Wilder will be odds on for a ko and probably likely so but i wouldn' t be overly surprised at any out come ,
    Infact the most surprising outcome to me would be Wulder on the score cards

Im guessing of this is a done deal Wilder wont fight before then ?
    Wasnt there talk since April of him fighring Breazele ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Im guessing of this is a done deal Wilder wont fight before then ?
    Wasnt there talk since April of him fighring Breazele ?

well...

clutching at straws here. and am 99% sure i'm wrong. this is just thinking aloud.
    this will be a non-title fight. wilder can gain the lineal status.
    fury has said a few times now that the belt means nothing to him, only the big fights...and its a curious thing to say when fighting for a prestigious belt.
    and also its been said by someone else on this thread, and elsewhere, that wbc insist on having a length of time spent in their clean program.
    it also gets around breazele having next shot at belt, and sanctioning fees and any other wbc red tape to complicate fight getting made.

i know.. silly thought.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    well...

clutching at straws here. and am 99% sure i'm wrong. this is just thinking aloud.
    this will be a non-title fight. wilder can gain the lineal status.
    fury has said a few times now that the belt means nothing to him, only the big fights...and its a curious thing to say when fighting for a prestigious belt.
    and also its been said by someone else on this thread, and elsewhere, that wbc insist on having a length of time spent in their clean program.
    it also gets around breazele having next shot at belt, and sanctioning fees and any other wbc red tape to complicate fight getting made.

i know.. silly thought.

fury has stated he wants the WBC belt

• Advertisement

wilder is a hype job imo, he mostly beats up on bums. I think Joshua would beat him, and i think fury will.

The usual anti Wilder nonsense....

You have said nothing here apart from claiming that Wilder "mostly" beat up bums...

So, Fury and AJ? What have they mostly beaten up?

Seems so prevalent here. Folks only castigating and assessing and slating Wilder for this that and the other, but not able to look at the others the same way.

When Wilder knocks Fury out what will be the excuse for Wilder winning/Fury losing?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

The usual anti Wilder nonsense....

So, Fury and AJ? What have they mostly beaten up?

What about Klitschko?

What about Klitschko?

What about him?

I asked about what have they "mostly" beaten up?

Oh, and Fury hardly beat Wlad up.......

The fact is that all three only have one A level/elite win on their resumes.......

Wlad for Fury and AJ, and Ortiz for Wilder....

AJ gets to make that two elites when he faces Povetkin next month...

What about him?

I asked about what have they "mostly" beaten up?

Oh, and Fury hardly beat Wlad up.......

The fact is that all three only have one A level/elite win on their resumes.......

Wlad for Fury and AJ, and Ortiz for Wilder....

Ortiz is a bum.

Fury schooled Wlad.

Ortiz is a bum.

Fury schooled Wlad.

Ortiz a bum?

Ok, if that suits the anti Wilder bias here....so be it.

Anyway,

question remains....

What have AJ and Fury mostly beaten up?

Just answer or ignore....

Fury schooled Wlad.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

It is such a shame Ortiz never kept the momentum going when he first signed for Eddie Hearn. I think if he's not with Hearn he would have got a title shot (probably against Joshua) a year or two ago, instead of having to wait until this year. He causes far more problems for Joshua than Povetkin will.

Ortiz a bum?

Ok, if that suits the anti Wilder bias here....so be it.

Anyway,

question remains....

What have AJ and Fury mostly beaten up?

Just answer or ignore....

And I have told you. Both Beat Wlad, better then Deontay ever beat.

And I have told you. Both Beat Wlad, better then Deontay ever beat.

Ok,

Move on. I didn't ask that.....

I asked who "mostly" have they beaten up......

The answer I was wanting is the same as what folks claim for Wilder, bums.....but you couldn't bring yourself to say this.

Ok,

Move on. I didn't ask that.....

I asked who "mostly" have they beaten up......

The answer I was wanting is the same as what folks claim for Wilder, bums.....but you couldn't bring yourself to say this.

Because they have beaten better.

• Advertisement

Because they have beaten better.

Ok, let's list these "better" opponents?

Saying stuff to discredit one man against another just seems a little weak...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Not a man born from his mother can beat Tyson Fury.

Ok, let's list these "better" opponents?

Saying stuff to discredit one man against another just seems a little weak...

Okay lets start so, I will list boxers that I know and have watched as 3 fighters have some I dont know of. Records below whos better highlighted in Bold.

Fury Wilder
    Vlad Ortiz
    Seferi Stiverne
    Chisora Washington
    Abel Szpilka
    Johnson Duhauphas
    Cunningham Molina
    Nascimento Firtha
    McDermott K Price
    Ellis Beck
    Belshaw Hayes
    POwer Alexander

Fury's display against Klitschko is streets ahead of what any other current hw has produced , that's it really. Ortiz took wilder 10 rounds and very nearly stopped him in round 7 I think it was, that's his best form .

Okay lets start so, I will list boxers that I know and have watched as 3 fighters have some I dont know of. Records below whos better highlighted in Bold.

Fury Wilder
    Vlad Ortiz
    Seferi Stiverne
    Chisora Washington
    Abel Szpilka
    Johnson Duhauphas
    Cunningham Molina
    Nascimento Firtha
    McDermott K Price
    Ellis Beck
    Belshaw Hayes
    POwer Alexander

Look,

No matter what way you slice and dice this, only one man stands out on both records.

Wlad on Fury's and Ortiz on Wilder's...You have not shown or proved a thing here.....that is my whole point.

The rest, across the board are all so so. Cannot says who is better or worse....

Anyway, won't matter a damn when Wilder KOs Fury...

Some of you Fury fanboys need to take your d1cks out of his ass!

Look,

No matter what way you slice and dice this, only one man stands out on both records.

Wlad on Fury's and Ortiz on Wilder's...You have not shown or proved a thing here.....that is my whole point.

The rest, across the board are all so so. Cannot says who is better or worse....

Anyway, won't matter a damn when Wilder KOs Fury...

Some of you Fury fanboys need to take your d1cks out of his ass!

Ive just isted records and ive shown Tyson has fought better proven better fighters. check rankings purses the lot.

Hahaha your clearly a Deontay fanboy, Wilder wont be KOing nobody

Fury's display against Klitschko is streets ahead of what any other current hw has produced , that's it really. Ortiz took wilder 10 rounds and very nearly stopped him in round 7 I think it was, that's his best form .

Ok, let's say that is true..

Can you get back to your claim that Wilder beat mostly bums, by answering about AJ and Fury's opponents....who are the mostly "so not" clearly bums on their resumes?

Ive just isted records and ive shown Tyson has fought better proven better fighters. check rankings purses the lot.

Hahaha your clearly a Deontay fanboy, Wilder wont be KOing nobody

Oh, boxrec boy!That proves what, exactly?

You are the fanboy, incapable of assessing all three fairly...

Wilder wont be KOing nobody

I'll have to save this one for later!

• Advertisement

Oh, boxrec boy!That proves what, exactly?

You are the fanboy, incapable of assessing all three fairly...

No but I have assessed them fairly.
    Ranks,
    Purses,
    Opponents.

How have you assessed Wilder knocks Fury out.

Advertisement