Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

127 people are foreign according to the poll

Also only here to screw the system

proof please. i'm sure some foreign nationals are here for benefits, just like some irish claimed the doal beyond in britain the minute they stepped off the boat, but proof that they are all at it would be nice.
    they are to lazy to be real men and women

what are "real men and women" and what are the people you are refering to to lazy to do which would make them "real men and women"

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

proof please. EU workers who would have been working in the lower paid jobs have mostly left due to the recession.

proof that 90%+ refugee status claims are bogus please. deportations are low for many reasons, including many leaving of their own accord once the can go no further.

I know many EU nationals yes they lost their jobs but had to stay as children were in education .I also know some women who brought their mothers here to claim a pension .They spend most of their time in the home country . When I see half ass politicans complaining of the pension time bomb its laughable .

You must not be well informed this percentage is well known see link .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-refuses-asylum-to-90pc-of-applicants-35229842.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Also only here to screw the system because they are to lazy to be real men and women

I haven't answered the poll because it's a bull**** loaded question.

Your making it up as you along.

You might not be so smug if you lived in such an area .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

rgossip30 wrote: »
    You might not be so smug if you lived in such an area .

So you agree with him that it's impossible to go to the train station?...

• Advertisement

So you agree with him that it's impossible to go to the train station?...

not yet but can remember kilburn station 30 years ago .weekends Capetown station is impossible .

I know many EU nationals yes they lost their jobs but had to stay as children were in education .I also know some women who brought their mothers here to claim a pension .They spend most of their time in the home country . When I see half ass politicans complaining of the pension time bomb its laughable .

defrauding happens, we know that, but that doesn't answer what i asked. i want to know how you know that the percentage is 90%
    You must not be well informed this percentage is well known see link .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-refuses-asylum-to-90pc-of-applicants-35229842.html

it's not "well known" . it's believed by those with an "agenda" . there is a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

not yet but can remember kilburn station 30 years ago .weekends Capetown station is impossible .

What was wrong with Kilburn station in the 80's? apart from drunken Irish making their way home from the Galtymore.

See the way I generalised there, and yes I lived in Kilburn for a while then.

RustyNut wrote: »
    What was wrong with Kilburn station in the 80's? apart from drunken Irish making their way home from the Galtymore.

See the way I generalised there, and yes I lived in Kilburn for a while then.

remember the riots .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Well at least that's something. I'm not a big fan of free loaders myself.

It's more that it's properly regulated that makes me so supportive of work visas, not so much that I'm anti-freeloaders.

What about Irish people who don't / won't work?

Work visas generally target jobs where there is a technical deficit. Low-skill jobs don't typically have work visas attached to them. For instance you couldn't get a work visa to drive a taxi (I don't know how this sqaures with there being so many non-eu taxi drivers in Ireland, but that's a different question) or scrubbing dishes in a kitchen. Work visas then shouldn't have any impact on can't work/won't work Irish.
    What about the foreigners we don't allow to work?

What about them? We don't allow people to work if they claim to be coming here as refugees (because employment should be the least of their concerns if they are a genuine refugee). Students we allow to work up to 20 hours a week.
    What about kids?

I'm not sure what the regulations are, but if someone on a work visa has a child with an Irish person presumably that child is Irish.

What about students?

You'll need to clarify this one.
    What happens when they get old / sick / injured?

Well it would be somewhat exploitative if you continually renewed work visas and didn't provide social security. They're paying taxes, after all.

What if an irish person marries abroad and then wants to bring their husband / wife / kids home?

That seems fine, unless it was arranged (especially for money). The reverse is much more tricky though (someone comes on a tourist/work visa/ etc and marries an Irish person in Ireland).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

remember the riots .

Not at Kilburn station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Your making it up as you along.

An actual photo from Paris

Sharia4FranceBurqas.jpg

Okay, it's four years old, but still. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,933 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

An actual photo from Paris

Sharia4FranceBurqas.jpg

Okay, it's four years old, but still. :D
    And?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,933 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nope. Dont assume all Irish peoole share this sick racist agenda. We do not.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The word racist has lost all meaning these days.

Any concerns at all about open borders? RACIST!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

This was shared on my facebook by friends in Roschdale today. Watch it. It's a clusterfuck.

From my experience, the guards and public sector not responding and being utterly incomplete/crying racist is happening here as well.

We're heading for a Rotherham of our own. The working class communities in this country are becoming increasingly strained. We're just behind in the race in all honesty.

When the vigilante groups start, it won't be much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stilllooking

It's not happening any time soon, but I wouldn't care if it did.

defrauding happens, we know that, but that doesn't answer what i asked. i want to know how you know that the percentage is 90%

it's not "well known" . it's believed by those with an "agenda" . there is a big difference.

Well you show proof otherwise .But have you got proof if not that's the difference :rolleyes:
    Try not plucking at straws and you might be taken seriously .You backup nothing that you post .

What is the sick racist agenda and who are we ?

The word racist has lost all meaning these days.

Any concerns at all about open borders? RACIST!!!

nope. untrue.
    Well you show proof otherwise .But have you got proof if not that's the difference
    Try not plucking at straws and you might be taken seriously .You backup nothing that you post .

i didn't make the claim, so i won't be providing proof for or against a claim you made. up to you to prove it.

nope. untrue.

i didn't make the claim, so i won't be providing claim for or against a claim you made. up to you to prove it.

What a cop out , I did unless you want to say the Indo is fake news . so lame , .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Omackeral wrote: »
    I said it to him. He said go f*ck yourself.

Tell the bigot to learn a bit of class.

Big gurrier.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So preferring your country to retain its ethnic and cultural identity is "racist" now? I suppose that makes the vast majority of people in the world racist.

Sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So preferring your country to retain its ethnic and cultural identity is "racist" now? I suppose that makes the vast majority of people in the world racist.

76% of us are racist according to the poll. Racism is the norm. You're obviously weird if you're not racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

JupiterKid wrote: »

Those who are particularly preoccupied with it, and think it's a huge issue, are racists, yes. But on the other hand... if there were no other races, they'd no doubt find some other group to obsessively hate. So maybe they're not true racists. Maybe they're just horrible, angry people.

RayM wrote: »
    Those who are particularly preoccupied with it, and think it's a huge issue, are racists, yes. But on the other hand... if there were no other races, they'd no doubt find some other group to obsessively hate. So maybe they're not true racists. Maybe they're just horrible, angry people.

The same can be said for extreme left and their pre occupation with open borders .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The same can be said for extreme left and their pre occupation with open borders .

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Can you tell me when this is predicted to happen?

Sure, no problem.

Professor believes the Irish will be an ethnic minority in Ireland by 2050
    https://www.irishcentral.com/news/politics/professor-believes-the-irish-will-be-an-ethnic-minority-in-ireland-by-2050

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Sick racist agenda......jesus the pc brigade have gone and took a lot of acid or something

Are you honestly telling me that because a man does not want to see his nation taken over by non nationals that he is racist??

A man who wants to to keep the culture of his country intact and to not want to be a minority in is own country is a racist???

You should be ashamed to call yourself irish if that's the case and if I'm being racist for not wanting to have my history and culture destroyed then yes I am racist

They will not take over this country.....the British tried and failed miserably and unlike you there are men women who are proud to be irish and won't sit by and see our nation taken over AGAIN

Twelve areas in Ireland where immigrants are more than 50% of the population.

36FYCLf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Yikes.

So the Professor, who is a "legal professor" according to the story, is quoting an "unidentified" source from a UK university, as claiming the Chinese will be the majority in Ireland by the middle of the century!

And it was written in 2005.

Advertisement