Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G5 Plus €219 Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

geecee wrote: »
    Mine went from being due today to being due December 21st
    According to the agent "This item is not in the nearby fulfillment center and this is the reason this delay is caused"

Not happy as mine were all also for xmas presents:mad::mad:

Can't you cancel and reorder with eglobal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

According to the agent "This item is not in the nearby fulfillment center and this is the reason this delay is caused"

Got a mail to say it's arriving Mon 18th via UPS, I'll believe it when I see it :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MAJJ wrote: »
    Got a mail to say it's arriving Mon 18th via UPS, I'll believe it when I see it :(

I spoke to Amazon Italy (in very poor Italian- they refused to speak English- or French/German/Spanish). I asked them to transfer my order to German fulfilment. I then contacted Amazon Germany with all the details- and asked them to accept the Italian order. They did. My phone shipped this morning by DHL from Graben in Germany- with an eta of Thursday...........

The guys on the Amazon Germany team couldn't have been easier to deal with- the Italians were quite impossible.

Got a free upgrade to DHL expedited delivery from the German team.

I don't care if something is 50-60 quid cheaper on the Italian site in future- I'm sticking with the German and UK sites- I've had far more than 60 quid worth of stress and hassle over the phone........

• Registered Users Posts: 7 frencia

moto g5s plus €210 as from this morning on amazon.it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 loughleane

According to the agent  "This item is not in the nearby fulfillment center and this is the reason this delay is caused"

Received similar email... according to UPS tracking it left Prague last night and is now in Numberg, Germany.

• Advertisement

loughleane wrote: »
    Received similar email... according to UPS tracking it left Prague last night and is now in Numberg, Germany.

Why the hell are they flogging them today- when they don't even have them in stock?

Mine is now in Koln, its third German city on its way here- with an eta of Thursday......... Reminds me of that infamous t-shirt that got banned........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

frencia wrote: »
    moto g5s plus €210 as from this morning on amazon.it

anyone know how it is on battery life?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

zweton wrote: »

pretty good, comfortably get a day out of it as moderate gamer.

zweton wrote: »

3000mAh battery- realistically, you'll get a day's moderate to high use- but definitely not 2 days.

Its a very reasonably battery to be honest- damn sight better than the use in the G4/G4+ from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

3000mAh battery- realistically, you'll get a day's moderate to high use- but definitely not 2 days.

Its a very reasonably battery to be honest- damn sight better than the use in the G4/G4+ from last year.
    Not a gamer, or facebook addict but pretty heavy googilier, 2 and a half days no bother here. (Wipe cache after you have it set up)

Best battery on a phone since the nokia days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Looking to replace an S5.Apart from the bigger screen on the G5S plus is it a better phone than the S5 .Can order from Amazon Germany for €240 or €210 amazon italy.How long has delivery taken for people who have purchased.

ballybro wrote: »
    Looking to replace an S5.Apart from the bigger screen on the G5S plus is it a better phone than the S5 .Can order from Amazon Germany for €240 or €210 amazon italy.How long has delivery taken for people who have purchased.

Vastly better processor and graphics on the Motorola. Also 5.5" screen- whereas the S5 is 5.1". This has a metal body- whereas the S5 is plastic
    Same general screen quality.

The S5 only goes up to Android 6- there is an Oreo update for this being rolled out for teh G5S + at the moment.

Only downside- the S5 is water/dust proof- this 100% definitely isn't- its about the only thing the S5 has that the G5S+ doesn't.

Re: Ordering- strongly suggest you pay the extra and order from the German rather than the Italian site........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lost my S8 lastvweek so back to using S6.
    It has me driven mad the battery is ****ed.

I was gonna keep using it for a few months to see what comes out but seeing this for €210 Im tempted.
    A good upgrade on S6 ?

Mine arrived today.

Quick question for any owners. It of course came with a 2 pin plug to connect to charge via usb cable. For using in a 3 pin socket and to avail of fast charging does it need to have a motorola plug or will any decent USB plug work?

Mine arrived today.

Quick question for any owners. It of course came with a 2 pin plug to connect to charge via usb cable. For using in a 3 pin socket and to avail of fast charging does it need to have a motorola plug or will any decent USB plug work?

And guess what?
    They've managed to loose mine :(
    DHL say they last scanned it on Tuesday and have no idea whats happened to it...........

Arrrrgghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Re: Fast charging- its a higher discharge charger- a regular phone charger will charge the phone- but you need a special faster charger to avail of the fast charging capability of the phone. Aka you'll trickle charge the phone on any old charger- its not critical to use the Motorola one.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

my 3 G5S's finally arrived from amazon.co.uk. Been waiting since November 23rd
    Still waiting on one to arrive from Amazon.de... but that was only ordered on Wednesday

And guess what?
    They've managed to loose mine :(
    DHL say they last scanned it on Tuesday and have no idea whats happened to it...........

Arrrrgghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Re: Fast charging- its a higher discharge charger- a regular phone charger will charge the phone- but you need a special faster charger to avail of the fast charging capability of the phone. Aka you'll trickle charge the phone on any old charger- its not critical to use the Motorola one.

Ah crap, sorry to hear that. With all the time and input you give as a mod on key forums you deserve a smooth run in to Christmas. I'd offer you mine but I really need it. Hope your phone is uncovered/delivered asap.

Ah crap, sorry to hear that. With all the time and input you give as a mod on key forums you deserve a smooth run in to Christmas. I'd offer you mine but I really need it. Hope your phone is uncovered/delivered asap.

And- they've found it........

They completed a customs declaration as a Non-EU parcel on it- and when it arrived in Ireland- they handed it over to An Post to deliver- however, its been impounded by customs- and is in a cage with 'several thousand parcels from third countries, mostly the US' which they will process when time allows. So- its on a holiday of unknown duration down in Portlaoise.........

This is the first and the last time I am ever ordering anything from Amazon.it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Mine arrived from the .it site without any drama, just bad luck I think! Hope you have it quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

i ordered g5s plus on black friday from italy. here within a week. Dont think the one i have is a great phone though, signal not great with it. Prob sending it back. More interested in g5plus now, even if it has a smaller screen!

• Advertisement

i ordered g5s plus on black friday from italy. here within a week. Dont think the one i have is a great phone though, signal not great with it. Prob sending it back. More interested in g5plus now, even if it has a smaller screen!

When you say 'signal not great' what do you mean?
    I had a G4 Plus- which probably had the best 4G signal I've gotten from any phone over the last few years- but poor wifi and before that I had an Xperia Z with wonderful wifi- but only so-so network coverage (my Dad lives in rural Sligo- on a regular basis I'd pick up a single or even two bars of signal on the Motorola- when no other phone in the house could get a signal at all.........)

I ordered the G5S Plus- on the basis of my experience with the G4+ (which had a little accident in a muddy puddle- serves me right for having it in my shirt pocket).

Anyhow- I guess thats a discussion/debate for elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

May be a faulty unit as mine is fine - possibly better than the Galaxy S5 it replaced.

And- they've found it........

They completed a customs declaration as a Non-EU parcel on it- and when it arrived in Ireland- they handed it over to An Post to deliver- however, its been impounded by customs- and is in a cage with 'several thousand parcels from third countries, mostly the US' which they will process when time allows. So- its on a holiday of unknown duration down in Portlaoise.........

This is the first and the last time I am ever ordering anything from Amazon.it

And they've lost it again.......
    I've an e-mail from Amazon Netherlands (not sure why Netherlands) apologising profusely over the missing phone- acknowledging that they've screwed up- and issuing a full refund to the credit card I paid with.
    It doesn't say whether I get to keep the phone if it does actually turn up- and to be honest, I suspect it just might- I know An Post are snowed under.

So- full refund- and a reasonable chance that the phone might yet turn up.

If the phone doesn't turn up- do people still think the G5 Plus or the G5S Plus- are the way to go- or should I look at an X or Z (which are obviously more expensive). My biggest concern over the G5 range- is the quality of the camera on it- I do actually use the camera on a regular basis- and its far handier to use a phone than to bring an SLR with me as well- however, if this isn't up to it- its a bit pointless. The G4+ I've been using (which has had a little accident)- got very grainy in low light conditions- and had no image stability built-in- which some phones do have. I know I'm not looking at 'ultra pixels' akin to what you can have on a Pixel- but obviously that's not the budget I'm looking at.

Are there any good comparison websites where you can look at sample photos from different phones under various conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

brokenarms wrote: »
    Egloblal have it for 197 euro at the moment. Plus 3.50 insured delivery to your Irish door. They also have free delivery if ya want to take a chance.

The EU compatable XT1685 with fast charger.

Just got a second handset for the wife from them.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/motorola-moto-g5-plus-xt1685-32gb-4g-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-space-gray.html

I have ordered this phone last week, thank you!
    Is it locked to the first network when insert SIM card, or can I change network afterwords?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

And they've lost it again.......

Jazuz, you've been very unlucky I think, hope it arrives and you get it free!
    I've started using mine yesterday, seems fine, no signal issues, screen fine, touch screen fine.
    No great chance to use the camera yet, very dull here today.
    I've had the Moto G, then the G3, G4 and now the G5S+, never an issue with any of them

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Torn between what G5 to get. My bank tells me go simple and cheap for the G5 as it will no doubt be 100 times better than my two and a half year old HTC One M7 which is very slow, camera is shocking and lags. Other side of me wants to spend a little more and get a better processor therefore wants to at least go for G5 plus or G5s plus.

Tempted to go for amazon.it which has G5plus for 200 which is only 30 euro more than G5 on amazon uk.

How has amazon.it been for anyone who has ordered from it?

Does anyone know if these will likely go into sale after Christmas?

I am avoiding eglobalcentral site as seen lots of bad reviews online and was shocked to see people saying good things here abut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

When you say 'signal not great' what do you mean?
    I had a G4 Plus- which probably had the best 4G signal I've gotten from any phone over the last few years- but poor wifi and before that I had an Xperia Z with wonderful wifi- but only so-so network coverage (my Dad lives in rural Sligo- on a regular basis I'd pick up a single or even two bars of signal on the Motorola- when no other phone in the house could get a signal at all.........)

I ordered the G5S Plus- on the basis of my experience with the G4+ (which had a little accident in a muddy puddle- serves me right for having it in my shirt pocket).

Anyhow- I guess thats a discussion/debate for elsewhere.
    The g5s plus may be faulty, but not impressed with only one SIM+SD card, and the SIM seems very loose and fidgety in the slot. Not as secure as g4.

But the signal is worrying too, comparing same network with dual SIM g4 (that wasn't great before for this network), the g5s has no signal while the g4 has nearly a full signal, at same time. Part of it may be network but can't see why the g5s has no signal so often in different places while the g4 is going strong.
    The network in question is Tesco mobile whose tech support line for the foreseeable is the network is undergoing upgrade.🙄 Very disappointing network, but one SIM works fine on g4 and another doesn't on g5s plus. 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

I'm very happy I came across this thread.

I just ordered the g5 plus with screen protector for a total of 220 from amazon.de would have been aboout 13 euro cheaper had I gone with an independent seller.

Compared with amazon.co.uk standard price of £250 starting price for the same phone this was a good price in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Is G5 Plus locked to the first network when insert SIM card, or can I change network afterwords?

Advertisement