Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G5 Plus €219 Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Are the 5 and 5 plus different phones.
    The 5 is on Amazon UK for £179

Yes there is a decent difference in the specs. The plus only came out in April i think.

The plus is a carphone warehouse exclusive in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

tok9 wrote: »
    Well this has worked out much better. Mine was dispatched earlier.

I went with priority postage since it was only an extra euro. Should have it tomorrow hoepfully.

My .DE order is still showing as:
    Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I mentioned earlier that I tried to buy the phone maybe 3 weeks ago off amazon.de and I contacted them a few days later about it. They basically told me it wasn't actually in stock.

But, since mines been dispatched, hopefully it should be good for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

My order with french Amazon has broken down, I am now locked out of my Amazon account and have probably lost my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

Anyone manage to order the one from Carphone warehouse for £199. I tried to order twice but orders got cancelled?

• Advertisement

Available here in gold for £199

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/moto+g5+plus/xx-criteria.html

Didn't try to order it as I'm looking for a grey one.

rebelbmx wrote:
    Anyone manage to order the one from Carphone warehouse for £199. I tried to order twice but orders got cancelled?

How did you get past having to enter a UK postcode.

How did you get past having to enter a UK postcode.

You can enter the address manually

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Mine says it will be shipped today.

Phoned UK Carphone warehouse, they don't accept payment from Southern Ireland registered bank cards. That's the reason my order was cancelled.

• Advertisement

rebelbmx wrote: »
    Phoned UK Carphone warehouse, they don't accept payment from Southern Ireland registered bank cards. That's the reason my order was cancelled.

Surely not legal ? One should be able to freely purchase goods from across the EU

Surely not legal ? One should be able to freely purchase goods from across the EU

Carphone warehouse leaving the single market early

Just wanted to update that I did get the phone and I've been delighted with it so far.

Last phone was pretty rough so this has been a nice improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im up North at the weekend . might call into cpw to see if i can get it.

Missed out on the offer on these. They seem to be up to €250 ish on all the amazon websites now and £269 on carphonewarehouse . If anyone spots these on offer still please post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Missed out on the offer on these. They seem to be up to €250 ish on all the amazon websites now and £269 on carphonewarehouse . If anyone spots these on offer still please post it.

220euro here.
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/motorola-moto-g5-plus-xt1685-32gb-4g-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-space-gray.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlNqm9puQ1QIVESjTCh3IOQyQEAQYASABEgLIQ_D_BwE

or are these crowd not great to deal with?

bunderoon wrote: »

I had it ordered with them previously and like my first experience with amazon de, they didn't appear to have stock and I cancelled the order after a week or so.

I believe they are reliable though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tok9 wrote: »
    I had it ordered with them previously and like my first experience with amazon de, they didn't appear to have stock and I cancelled the order after a week or so.

I believe they are reliable though

I bought an 800 euro zoom lense from them without issue. theres a thread in the photography forum on them

Did anyone else (besideds Tok9) order from amazon.de and still have their order stuck at:
    Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

I looked into eglobal and there seems to be very mixed reviews on them. Some people saying it's great, with low prices and good delivery, others saying it is a desaster and to avoid at all costs.

But it does seem like allot of the negitive reviews are pre 2017, And this year they appear to have got their sh1t together.

Personally I would be optimistic and give it a try,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I looked into eglobal and there seems to be very mixed reviews on them. Some people saying it's great, with low prices and good delivery, others saying it is a desaster and to avoid at all costs.

But it does seem like allot of the negitive reviews are pre 2017, And this year they appear to have got their sh1t together.

Personally I would be optimistic and give it a try,

Just be cautious, I got a Nexus 5X last year from them, the phone rebooted one day and never recovered, I sent it back to EuGlobal for a repair (Phone was only 8 months old). They have come back that the phone is not repairable and are offering me €115 store credit.

According to their warranty policy
    "Regarding to the warranty policy :For non-repairable products (excluding misused non-repairable products) that are purchased within 12 months, eGlobal Central may choose to compensate you by a certain percentage of value of the unit price, with the consideration on time of use (12 months at maximum). The percentage value is fixed at 8% each month. For example, if the unit price of your non-repairable products is GBP1000, and you have used it for 2 months, the compensation will be 846.4GBP. However, such copensation will be issued in the form of eGlobal Central store cedit only."

geecee wrote: »
    Did anyone else (besideds Tok9) order from amazon.de and still have their order stuck at:
    Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Looks like my status is changed to preparing for dispatch and it should be due by next Monday. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

I got it in Argos today for €224.99 , in gold colour only.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

ITV2 wrote: »
    I got it in Argos today for €224.99 , in gold colour only.

Was it the G5 or the G5 plus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Might be the E4 Plus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭BAAA RAM EWE

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

The 2GB G5 and all. Amazon.co.uk have it for about €185 delivered, so definitely not a bargain in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

yeah the 2gb G5 one, its a stop gap phone till the Nokia 9 arrives. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭droidman123

Anyone know what gives with the long waiting time for the g5 plus on amazon.de? It said it was in stock,i ordered it last week and my status is still saying "awaiting shipping"

• Advertisement

So a quick update on ordering this phone from eglobal. I placed the order a week ago. On Friday (5 days after the order) I sent an email to them basically saying, "Where the fck is my phone". Today (Sunday) I received an email back saying that the phone was out of stock, that they will be getting more units in on Tuesday July 25th and as soon as they do they will send it out.

Fortunately for myself I'm not in a major rush to get the phone, so waiting a few more days, a week is not a big deal. But if you want something quickly from this crowd, be wary that everything is advertised as in in stock. You may be lucky if they have it, you may be waiting a while too.

Advertisement