Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G5 Plus €219 Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

leex wrote: »
    Made this same move this week. S5 was slowing down like an old laptop and battery life had reduced considerably. First impressions are great - very smooth operation with Android 7 pre-installed. It doesnt have infra-red which I used occasionally on the S5 for changing TV channels. Doesnt have a compass either which may be a small problem with google maps when walking in a city for example. Purchased mine on Amazon Italy on Sunday and had it delivered to Parcelmotel yesterday (Wed). Cost me maybe 8-10euro extra in total for Amazon next day delivery and parcelmotel charge combined.

Would this be a problem if you are using maps apps offline e.g. maps.me ?
    Any respond appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I appreciate that a phone camera isn't going to replace the DSLR or even a good compact however I had experience lately with one particular phone whereby you'd have time to make tea between pressing the shutter and it actually taking the shot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TheDriver wrote: »
    I appreciate that a phone camera isn't going to replace the DSLR or even a good compact however I had experience lately with one particular phone whereby you'd have time to make tea between pressing the shutter and it actually taking the shot.

There is a delay- in the region of half a second between shots- however you can record video at up to 60fps @ 1080p (though the quality is grainy as hell- and I can't over-emphasise how quickly this eats the battery).

Make sure you have a fast memory card though- this can impact drastically on the time between shots.

You will have a delay- yes- but its more like half a second than anything else.

Edit- if you use the manual subject focus feature- there is as good as no delay when you're taking the shot- if you don't- 0.3-0.5 seconds isn't unusual. Its *not* good for fast moving shots- its ISO rating would be crap.

whiz wrote: »
    Would this be a problem if you are using maps apps offline e.g. maps.me ?
    Any respond appreciated

car navigation will be fine.
    the impact would be that with walking you won't see an arrow for which was you are facing.
    you'd have to move and get a gps movement update to be sure that you're going the right way.

apparently the US G5 has a compass, the versions in Europe don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

glasso wrote: »
    car navigation will be fine.
    the impact would be that with walking you won't see an arrow for which was you are facing.
    you'd have to move and get a gps movement update to be sure that you're going the right way.

apparently the US G5 has a compass, the versions in Europe don't.

I find it doesn't give a direction until you move a bit, so often it will send you the wrong way out of a car park or such but then correct itself down the road. I found it a pain, but not that often.

• Advertisement

There is a delay- in the region of half a second between shots- however you can record video at up to 60fps @ 1080p (though the quality is grainy as hell- and I can't over-emphasise how quickly this eats the battery).

Make sure you have a fast memory card though- this can impact drastically on the time between shots.

You will have a delay- yes- but its more like half a second than anything else.

Edit- if you use the manual subject focus feature- there is as good as no delay when you're taking the shot- if you don't- 0.3-0.5 seconds isn't unusual. Its *not* good for fast moving shots- its ISO rating would be crap.

Thanks. I tried the J5 that a friend bought and it takes a very quick photo compared to ones I have tried.

I see amazon has price down on few competitors too such as P10 lite, honor6x etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

amazon has dropped in price on the G5s andG5s plus. Can anyone comment on the camera on these, in particular the shutter/autofocus speed? The only issue I had with the very good chinese brands is that the cameras were woeful

Pics are nice and sharp during the day, but the low light is a bit soft.
    Cam is just ok in general. Fits into it price range. Focus is a bit slow in low light but most cams struggle in that situation.
    I like the way you can twist your wrist twice with your phone in hand to activate the camera app.

croatian.jpg

Heres an example of a picture in good light from last week

I had a beautiful fast phone, Oukitel k6000plus which took great photos outside. But try getting a photo of the kids if they weren't statues for 5seconds [returned due to dead pixels on screen]. My old lumia 630 took photos with great speed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Are these still available at 219? What cases are recommended for use with the G5SPlus?

I got this one with G5s plus on Amazon.it. It is not otterbox quality and didnt break the bank but is clean/tidy/slim. What level of protection it would offer if you let the phone fall is questionable.

https://www.amazon.it/Lenovo-Moto-G5S-Plus-Beyeah/dp/B074H349BR/ref=pd_bxgy_107_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W85ABVKDFVMBPRVA5G9Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

leex wrote: »
    I got this one with G5s plus on Amazon.it. It is not otterbox quality and didnt break the bank but is clean/tidy/slim. What level of protection it would offer if you let the phone fall is questionable.

https://www.amazon.it/Lenovo-Moto-G5S-Plus-Beyeah/dp/B074H349BR/ref=pd_bxgy_107_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W85ABVKDFVMBPRVA5G9Z

Is there any issue with ordering and delivery from the Italian Amazon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm waiting until Black Friday before pulling the trigger, no rush as XMas pressie. Moto G5S Plus is all I'm interested in...

I've already ordered this cover and this screen protector from Aliexpress...about a fiver for both delivered

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

budhabob wrote: »
    Is there any issue with ordering and delivery from the Italian Amazon?

That particular case has:

Il venditore selezionato per questo prodotto non spedisce in Irlanda.

That is- 'the selected seller of this product does not ship to Ireland'........

No issue ordering off Italian Amazon- but some sellers don't ship internationally.

That particular case has:

Il venditore selezionato per questo prodotto non spedisce in Irlanda.

That is- 'the selected seller of this product does not ship to Ireland'........

No issue ordering off Italian Amazon- but some sellers don't ship internationally.

Cheers. I meant in general, hoping to buy the G5S plus x 2 and cases tonight all going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Can anyone recommend flip cases for the GSS please?

Hi guys, can this phone be setup to use Android Pay ? If so what model, would you need to buy ?

appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

whiz wrote: »
    Hi guys, can this phone be setup to use Android Pay ? If so what model, would you need to buy ?

appreciate any help

Don't use it myself.
    However I presume you'd need NFC so the plus models (EU models) is what you should be looking at. So from UK, Germany etc.

The cheaper base models don't have NFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Was it .co.uk or .it Amazon that had them reduced.

Looking for one for a present so no rush with it.

Was it .co.uk or .it Amazon that had them reduced.

Looking for one for a present so no rush with it.

co.uk but no longer reduced and a lead time of 1-2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Grand, thanks, hopefully will show up again before end Dec.

• Advertisement

Here, does any store in Dublin stock these ?
    would like to check it out before buying it online

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

G5S Plus now €224.99 on eglobal or €215.99 for the gold version

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

G5 Plus is €207 on Amazon.de

G5 Plus €201 on eglobal

Will they get cheaper closer to the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

G5 Plus is €207 on Amazon.de

G5 Plus €201 on eglobal

Will they get cheaper closer to the weekend?

And my waiting is no more.

Guten Tag,
    vielen Dank für Ihre Amazon.de Marketplace Bestellung bei eliazon.

They accepted my Irish address so hope it will be delivered.

And I will not check black Friday prices.

there is moto 5gs plus on ibood for 262 with shipping.

Tom

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

https://www.amazon.it/Lenovo-PA6V0027IT-Smartphone-Memoria-Interna/dp/B0744VXT1B/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511026604&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=moto+g5s+plus&psc=1

Moto G5S Plus is 240 delivered from Amazon.it, dispatched and sold by Amazon themselves, grey and gold available.

Attempted a dummy booking and appeared to be no issue delivering to Ireland. Conssidering getting this for my father who's Moto G4 micro usb port failed.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.it/Lenovo-PA6V0027IT-Smartphone-Memoria-Interna/dp/B0744VXT1B/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511026604&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=moto+g5s+plus&psc=1

Moto G5S Plus is 240 delivered from Amazon.it, dispatched and sold by Amazon themselves, grey and gold available.

Attempted a dummy booking and appeared to be no issue delivering to Ireland. Conssidering getting this for my father who's Moto G4 micro usb port failed.

I picked up 2 from amazon.it in the last 2 weeks, arrived this week, lovely phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Anyone know if the one on eglobal has nfc? Cant see it in the specs.

• Advertisement

It should be XT1805 for europe so should have NFC
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8453&idPhone2=8699#*,xt1805,*
    Tom

Advertisement