Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 1 "Dragonstone" - "Book readers"

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'd imagine it is Tyrion that Euron is going to get for Cersei seeing as she took the time to remind everyone how much she hates him shortly before Euron arrived.

Get the three Lannisters in the same room and I doubt they'd all come out alive. All three of Cersei and Jaimes kids are dead and there's a certain ambiguously worded prophecy still in play...

Dorne is a coastal naval power so one of the 7 kingdoms would make a nice dowery, the Iron Islanders are also reavers though so, given the less than subtle hints dropped, I suspect they might conduct a sneak attack on Danys fleet and capture Tyrion.
    I wouldn't fret about it though, my guess is that he'll be delivered alive as Cersei will want to torture him a bit and give him a trial and the full Ned Stark treatment, which is plenty of time for Dany to show up just before the axe falls, sweeping into kings landing on dragonback and saving his ass.

What? No love for the Sand Snakes? :) No, kill them off in naval battle (And good riddance)

Something like this would suffice

poochie.jpg?quality=100&w=650&h=372

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

conorhal wrote: »
    Dorne is a coastal naval power so one of the 7 kingdoms would make a nice dowery, the Iron Islanders are also reavers though so, given the less than subtle hints dropped, I suspect they might conduct a sneak attack on Danys fleet and capture Tyrion.
    I wouldn't fret about it though, my guess is that he'll be delivered alive as Cersei will want to torture him a bit and give him a trial and the full Ned Stark treatment, which is plenty of time for Dany to show up just before the axe falls, sweeping into kings landing on dragonback and saving his ass.
    I'm not buying it.

Tyrion is the hand of the Queen. Literally at her side at all times. If Euron can get him, then he can get Danaerys too. It would be some stretch for such a situation to develop where Tyrion is away from the Queen and her dragons in a time of war. He's not exactly soldier material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I took Euron's boast to mean that he would go off with his thousands of ships and destroy Dany's fleet and be back in time for tea and crumpet.

I took Euron's boast to mean that he would go off with his thousands of ships and destroy Dany's fleet and be back in time for tea and crumpet.
    That seems much more likely to me. When you have a thousand ships, everything looks like an invasion.

And Dragonstone is just across the bay. Very tempting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

What? No love for the Sand Snakes? :) No, kill them off in naval battle (And good riddance) and take Asha/Yara and Theon to Cercie alright. Poor auld Theon, always the prisoner.
    Ah, I'd say Theon has done his 'time'. I suspect that given the option he'd sooner kill himself than be captured. He still has some bits that haven't been cut off yet. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Will the return of Bran to Winterfell usurp Jon's King of the North title considering he's a more legitimate heir to the title of Lord of Winterfell

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Where did the reference to "little gift" come from? I thought they said precious gift?

I as in me said little gift no one else only me

duploelabs wrote: »
    Will the return of Bran to Winterfell usurp Jon's King of the North title considering he's a more legitimate heir to the title of Lord of Winterfell
    Unlikely that (a) Bran would want it and (b) the Northeners would have a cripple* as their king.

*This is no reflection on disability, but just the reality of ruling in a medieval society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

duploelabs wrote:

Bran is more important to Westeros than as King of the North now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Unlikely that (a) Bran would want it and (b) the Northeners would have a cripple* as their king.

*This is no reflection on disability, but just the reality of ruling in a medieval society.

They will likely not want him as King in case he can't father children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's fully within Bran's right to refuse the title of Lord isn't it? Didn't Maester Aemon turn down being king before joining the Night's Watch. I don't think Bran would want to be Lord of Winterfell.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It's fully within Bran's right to refuse the title of Lord isn't it? Didn't Maester Aemon turn down being king before joining the Night's Watch. I don't think Bran would want to be Lord of Winterfell.
    Yeah, that's his right. No point in having a king who doesn't want to do the job anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Doran Martell was Prince of Dorne as a cripple in that same medieval society. Dorne admittedly a more liberal place.

Doran Martell was Prince of Dorne as a cripple in that same medieval society. Dorne admittedly a more liberal place.
    His infirmity developed over time though. He wasn't in any way crippled when he took the throne. Iirc it was gout that he suffered from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I as in me said little gift no one else only me

Ah *raises hands*.. my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bran is more important to Westeros than as King of the North now

Once he discovers the true potential of his powers, but in the book Bran is seen as the biggest monster possible as the influence of the three eyed raven having the power over past present and even future events is too much power. To those that don't understand that Bran being a gentle soul who won't abuse such power or influence for his own gain or even to rewrite things in his own image it is something that must be destroyed at all cost not unlike the three dragons that will soon be kicking ass all over Westeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Bran could still be the Lord of Winterfell (or Sansa the Lady) while Jon is still King in the North. I don't think he will but it's possible.
    The King in the North could be seated elsewhere. Possibly the Twins now the Freys are gone. I know that's not specifically the North, but it would be a stronghold that would need to be held. I think Robb was the King in the North and the Riverlands.
    Again I'm not saying that will happen but it's possible. Robert didn't run the Kingdoms from his Ancestral home in the Stormlands so he gave it to Renly instead. Not the same situation I know.

Once he discovers the true potential of his powers, but in the book Bran is seen as the biggest monster possible as the influence of the three eyed raven having the power over past present and even future events is too much power. To those that don't understand that Bran being a gentle soul who won't abuse such power or influence for his own gain or even to rewrite things in his own image it is something that must be destroyed at all cost not unlike the three dragons that will soon be kicking ass all over Westeros.
    Really?

You got that from the books?

All I could say is that he can see the past, present and future.

• Advertisement

All I could say is that he can see the past, present and future.

Bloodraven can visit people in their dreams and influence them. A lot of important book events happen after the character dreams or suspiciously loses time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Mod:Going to make an exception to the rule and answer this directly on thread; it came from the feedback thread from season 6 where the people who've not read the book still did not want to risk book spoilers. Some wanted things to revert back to the previous rule "of no book readers in the non book reader thread" but many book readers had requested to post in both and it was always hard to make a fair call. Hence the current compromise which we used in S6 was allowed to continue in S7 as well.

After S7 close we'll do another feedback thread to let everyone give input on any changes they wish to see for how S8 will be handled and based on that we'll implement changes to S8 as seems to suit the majority of posters here.

To avoid turning this thread off topic to modding please PM me any responses to this post rather than posting them on thread.

Cheers,
    Nody & the mod team

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is "Theres a heap of dragon glass on Dragonstone, Stannis already told us about it..." going to be the sum total of Sams whole Citadel story-arc? I have a horrible feeling its going to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I've had a really horrible thought the past 24 hours I hope Euron doesn't bring Cersei a little gift. :(
    Bambi wrote: »
    I assumed thats what he had in mind tbh
    Please let it be Olenna or the Dorne creatures. Anyone else and I will die of horror.
    My assumption was that he meant Turion but I don't think that's gonna happen. Turion has dragons to ride etc
    I thought it might be the horn that tames dragons or kills them or whatever, the one that burns the person that blows it...

Thargor wrote:
    I thought it might be the horn that tames dragons or kills them or whatever, the one that burns the person that blows it...

Too late to introduce that IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rawn wrote: »
    Too late to introduce that IMO.

Yeah, a bit Deus ex machina for my liking at this stage having not previously been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, can't use Dragonbinder this late in the game.

Sunspear is near the coast though so I think Euron attacks Dorne and brings back "Ellaria and her brood of bitches". Then Cersei lets The Mountain finish them like Oberyn.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yep, can't use Dragonbinder this late in the game.

Sunspear is near the coast though so I think Euron attacks Dorne and brings back "Ellaria and her brood of bitches". Then Cersei lets The Mountain finish them like Oberyn.
    So close. :D

Advertisement