Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 1 "Dragonstone" - "Book readers"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

wp_rathead wrote: »
    (Was one of the soilders the kid from This Is England?)
    theteal wrote: »
    Yup, Thomas Turgoose iirc. Seemed a little out of place tbh but then he'll probably never shake that old character

Thanks, I couldn't place where I knew him from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Loved it as an easy to watch, catchup on all the characters episode. Shouted at the tv twice, once for the intro scene and a contrasting "of FFS" when Sheeran appeared. Completely out of place, I'm ok with Turgoose but Ed stank it up like it was a Sunday night at Glastonbury with him there.

Would Wun Wun not have been burned at Winterfell though? Jon knows all too well the danger of not doing that.

Also, Bran will be hoping Turgoose isn't a recurring role, that lad also has one eye in the past, another in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

My understanding would be a lot of those Giants are as inbred as a the Dany's ancestors. Wun wun was killed by Ramsay at Winterfell. I'd imagine the wight giant is a relation of Wun Wun who died previously, that the Night King found and has many of Wun wuns distinguishable good looks.

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sheeran didn't bother me, he had one line and there was little difference between him and any other extra really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

awec wrote: »
    Sheeran didn't bother me, he had one line and there was little difference between him and any other extra really.

it's more so the distraction though. Like "hey .. wait, that's .. that's Ed Sheeran. What the feck is he doing? Oh man, I hate the guy.. sh*t, just missed what happened, that damn ginger."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Cina wrote: »
    it's more so the distraction though. Like "hey .. wait, that's .. that's Ed Sheeran. What the feck is he doing? Oh man, I hate the guy.. sh*t, just missed what happened, that damn ginger."
    Speed of thought there seems very slow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I thought the episode was alright. Nothing special but it's paving the way for the future anyway.

The Hound is by far my favorite character in the series. Loved his scene last night. The scene with the fire gave me goosebumps. I love that he's travelling with Beric and Thoros of Myr as well. It seems to suit him rather well.

Still trying to figure out how Cersei plans to take on so many enemies. Even with Euron, they are still at a disadvantage. She must have something up her sleeve. So what was the deal with Euron giving the Mountain that strange look? Was he just cautious of him, or is it alluding to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Did I miss/forget Gendry being reintroduced? Or has he just appeared out of nowhere in this episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Still trying to figure out how Cersei plans to take on so many enemies. Even with Euron, they are still at a disadvantage. She must have something up her sleeve. So what was the deal with Euron giving the Mountain that strange look? Was he just cautious of him, or is it alluding to something.
    I expect her to order some kind of pre-emptive strike on the South for starters, to take Ellaria Sand and her Snakes off the table. Or try to, at least.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Riddle101 wrote: »
    So what was the deal with Euron giving the Mountain that strange look? Was he just cautious of him, or is it alluding to something.

Cap'n Euron knows a zombie when he sees one yaarr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can Arya change her height now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

naughtb4 wrote:
    Can Arya change her height now?

Frey was a stooped old man, easily the same height as her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Liamalone wrote: »
    Did I miss/forget Gendry being reintroduced? Or has he just appeared out of nowhere in this episode?

You thinking of Pod?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I love you lyanna mormont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

You thinking of Pod?

It's definitely Podrick

Also, Euron is basically Moriarty from Sherlock isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If the dead don't sleep what do the white walkers do all day?

Surely they must be faster than Meera and reach the wall very soon

Good but slow episode, I hope they explain why Dragonstone was abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

naughtb4 wrote: »
    If the dead don't sleep what do the white walkers do all day?

Surely they must be faster than Meera and reach the wall very soon

Good but slow episode, I hope they explain why Dragonstone was abandoned

Did Stannis not just abandon it when he took off to claim the iron throne??

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Welruc wrote: »
    Did Stannis not just abandon it when he took off to claim the iron throne??

Well in the books he left a skeleton force to hold it; a guy like Stannis would hardly abandon it. From a show point of view, making Dany take it by force would add nothing at this stage, so it makes no difference to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Goddamn Ed Sheeran cameo..it just looked like they CGI'ed his gimp head onto a faceless soldier. And then I hear a few posts back that McGregor is getting a cameo too? I mean wtf like..we don't need these clowns in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Blazer wrote: »
    Goddamn Ed Sheeran cameo..it just looked like they CGI'ed his gimp head onto a faceless soldier. And then I hear a few posts back that McGregor is getting a cameo too? I mean wtf like..we don't need these clowns in it.

Should've had him as one of the Frey's!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well in the books he left a skeleton force to hold it; a guy like Stannis would hardly abandon it. From a show point of view, making Dany take it by force would add nothing at this stage, so it makes no difference to me.
    Sure, but that was some time ago, and the news of Stannis's demise would have made it pointless to stay and guard a castle to which he's never coming back. A sensible commoner would just say "stuff this" and wander off home. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A lot of scenes that should have been gotten out of the way last season. Far too much one person destroying whole families to cut all the loose ends in an ultra cheap way the last 2 episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

bnt wrote: »
    Sure, but that was some time ago, and the news of Stannis's demise would have made it pointless to stay and guard a castle to which he's never coming back. A sensible commoner would just say "stuff this" and wander off home. :o

Wander off home from Dragonstone? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Liked the nod to the grave digger theory with Clegane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

You thinking of Pod?

Ah ha, you're on the money. My mistake. They do look a bit alike I suppose.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Blazer wrote: »

Don't think the mooted McGregor cameo ever happened in the end.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ah ha, you're on the money. My mistake. They do look a bit alike I suppose.

Cheers

They do in your defence, in the hall in Winterfell he looked the split of Gendry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I'd imagine Dany sent a force ahead of her to clear out whatever remained of Stannis's forces, it wasn't just left empty.

The Hound staring at those corpses, knowing exactly how he was responsible... Them feels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Hmmm, I am still not sure who I prefer most in the TV show The Hound or Bronn!

Advertisement