Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 1 "Dragonstone" - "Book readers"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

....... wrote: »

TBH i think it's silly now to have two separate threads as the tv series has long past the canon of the books

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

How would the mods know?

Read everybody's posts and mark them down as one or the other? I doubt they're that bored. ;)

It's clear in the OP anyway. Don't post book stuff in the non book reader's threads.

• Advertisement

Well if in doubt, this should clarify it:
    This means book readers are allowed to post but they can not reference ANYTHING from the books inc. items relating to earlier seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

..... Sam is a walking disaster with that Dragon glass. Thought his montage this week was fun but more generally I've been finding his scenes and arc tedious for at least a couple of seasons.....
    Still better than the books when it took Sam about 9 effing years to get to the Citadel and Gilly cried the whole way and he was sick the whole way. the chapter title "SAM" became the new "SANSA" Just a struggle to get through :)

Beacuse book readers can post book stuff in the book reader's thread and non book readers don't have to read it.

There have already been references to the books on this thread. Stuff about the faceless men for example, that wasn't really covered in the TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Still better than the books when it took Sam about 9 effing years to get to the Citadel and Gilly cried the whole way and he was sick the whole way. the chapter title "SAM" became the new "SANSA" Just a struggle to get through :)

Didn't even have the thought of lemon cakes to get you through either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Didn't even have the thought of lemon cakes to get you through either.

FCUCKING LEMON CAKES!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I agree. The Sam (specifically after leaving Castle Black) and Sansa chapters were a real slog at times. As were the early parts of the Iron Islands chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Danjamin1 wrote:
    On to Feast for Crows now (ugh)

It took me MONTHS to get through AFFC the first time, as opposed to days for the previous books as it was so tedious and boring. But I have to say, upon rereading it, it stands out as one of the best in the series. It's a slow burner :)

Show-Euron sucks, he just does. He is nothing like book-Euron who was one of the more interesting and evil characters. But i prefer him with the swagger this season than bland and boring last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I was just re-watching that scene with the undead matching. I think it's a bit of a stretch, but imagine if they did that scene with Jon Snow as a wight. Like maybe do it as one of Bran's visions, a sort of what if Jon doesn't survive or something. But imagine how many GOT fans would freak out seeing that.

In fact now that I think about it. They could have done that last season when Jon Snow was thought to be dead. They could have done it as a teaser or something to make the fans really think Jon was dead. But it turns out to be a bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I've had a really horrible thought the past 24 hours I hope Euron doesn't bring Cersei a little gift. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've had a really horrible thought the past 24 hours I hope Euron doesn't bring Cersei a little gift. :(

I assumed thats what he had in mind tbh

Please let it be Olenna or the Dorne creatures. Anyone else and I will die of horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

My assumption was that he meant Turion but I don't think that's gonna happen. Turion has dragons to ride etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I was just re-watching that scene with the undead matching. I think it's a bit of a stretch, but imagine if they did that scene with Jon Snow as a wight. Like maybe do it as one of Bran's visions, a sort of what if Jon doesn't survive or something. But imagine how many GOT fans would freak out seeing that.

In fact now that I think about it. They could have done that last season when Jon Snow was thought to be dead. They could have done it as a teaser or something to make the fans really think Jon was dead. But it turns out to be a bluff.
    I don't know, I reckon that would be a little cheap. Also as best I know, bran sees what HAS happened and what WILL happen, not what might. Could be wrong on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I think it will be Tyrion, but I'm also pretty confident that he'll be one of the characters that make it to the end game. He might lose a few bits along the way though.

• Advertisement

Tyrion or Varys and we riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Disposable1

Does Arya know that John and Sansa are back at Winterfell?

I think she doesn't, otherwise she would be heading north and not south. Even if the completion of her kill list is more important to her, which I don't think it is, she would have found a way to send word that she is alive and well. There has been no indication in the show to say that she knows her family have returned and retaken their home.

Also, I read somewhere but don't remember myself, that her uncle Edmure is being held at The Twins, so why did she not release him?

Does Arya know that John and Sansa are back at Winterfell?

Maybe. Maybe she doesn't want to return until she completes her list, as it will be hard to keep making journeys alone if they're around her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Also, I read somewhere but don't remember myself, that her uncle Edmure is being held at The Twins, so why did she not release him?

Jamie released him last season on the condition he end the siege at Riverrun

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Eh??? :confused:

They accidently posted in the wrong forum.

Wasn't here by any chance? :D

DE-HSdQXYAIVmWZ.jpg

Walder says to Jamie Edmure is safely back in his cell at the feast in the last episode of season 6, in the book Jamie uses Tom O'Sevens to torture Edmure which is why I won't shut up about him, Ed Sherran would be a useful form of torture too though I suppose . :p

Does Arya even know Edmure is locked up is also up for debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My assumption was that he meant Turion but I don't think that's gonna happen. Turion has dragons to ride etc

Ah, the little-known Tolkien/Martin crossover character, Turion Turambar-Lannister!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Which begs the question, why did Jamie say that they'd no allies. Have the tully's bent the knee to cercei? Or to Jon?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Which begs the question, why did Jamie say that they'd no allies. Have the tully's bent the knee to cercei? Or to Jon?

With the Blackfish dead and Edmure captured, are there any Tully's left to bend the knee?

Advertisement