Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 1 "Dragonstone" - "Book readers"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Disposable1

rawn wrote: »
    With the Blackfish dead and Edmure captured, are there any Tully's left to bend the knee?

No, Walder Frey is the ruler of Riverrun so that's left unruled now, obviously the Lannisters are making a play to secure it because that's where the soldiers Arya meets are heading.

Jaime Lannister defo didn't release Edmure, I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I've had a really horrible thought the past 24 hours I hope Euron doesn't bring Cersei a little gift. :(

I just presumed he was on about the Dragon Horn and not somebody??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I just presumed he was on about the Dragon Horn and not somebody??

It's never been mentioned, it's unlikely they'll introduce it now. I really feel he means the head of one of her enemies!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There was a series recap done before the show started with the guy who played the viper saying the two show runners love to **** with people with the twists and turns, there are many possible gifts Euron could give him being Iron Born it will more likely be a person or persons for Cersei, Olenna or the Sand Snakes being the least important to Tyrion or Varys being most important to the audience in my opinion, if he uses his fleet to attack Dorne and capture Olenna and the Sand Snakes that ties up their arc in the story if he uses it to attack Dragonstone and gets away with either Tyrion or Varys it will be the end of them too, if the dragon horn has made it into the show I can't imagine him giving it to Cersei he'll keep it for Dany as he seems to hedge his bets, think I'll post further on this in the speculation thread as I've got some interesting ideas which are way off topic for episode one thread posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No, Walder Frey is the ruler of Riverrun so that's left unruled now, obviously the Lannisters are making a play to secure it because that's where the soldiers Arya meets are heading.

Jaime Lannister defo didn't release Edmure, I checked.

But wasn't edmure lord of Riverrun as a proxy for the freys and now that they're gone aren't the tully's free to take whomever's side they want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Essential reading for anyone who loves this show, the New Yorker's running commentary
    http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-1-recap-dragonstone-sweet-dragonstone
    In perhaps the least jaunty montage of all time, we see and hear Sam glopping around his new home, amid chamber pots, latrines, revolting stews, and more chamber pots. Did I mention the retching? There’s lots and lots of retching. John Bradley may get a special Emmy for retchwork. I don’t know exactly what Sam’s job is—he also shelves huge books in the library, rolls carts, and assists with autopsies. If nothing else, it makes me more appreciative of the summer I spent at Taco Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Worst case scenario: Euron brings Cersei Tyrion's head.

Best case scenario: Euron shows up in the next episode with all three of the Sand Snakes heads, no further explanation, Dorne has been neutralised and will never be spoken of again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

if the dragon horn has made it into the show I can't imagine him giving it to Cersei he'll keep it for Dany as he seems to hedge his bets, think I'll post further on this in the speculation thread as I've got some interesting ideas which are way off topic for episode one thread posting.

Might awkward working the horn in at this stage

I returned and brought you this your Majesty arrr

A ****ing Horn?

Aye but this be a magical horn that will kill dragons whene'er its blown

And you've tested it?

Emm...No

****s sake, Kill him Ser Zombie

I think he will keep it to use against Dany if it exists, to manipulate her of course. Hurry up and be Sunday already this waiting game is gonna drive me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

It could be anything. He called it a 'great gift', so it's not going to be a box of choccies or a bunch of flowers. ;)

Things the would rock Cersei's world:

• Any or all of her enemies defeated. So in order of closeness: Dragonstone, Dorne, Highgarden or Winterfell.
    • Any of her enemies captured or killed. That's a long list, but essentially anyone who's at the pointy end of the above.
    • An actual gift like the horn, Dragonbinder, a Dragon's egg or a Dragon (can't see them getting one of those beheomths onto a ship) so a dead dragon presumably. Hard to get gifts for the girl who has everything*.

*Terms and conditions may apply. Actual possession may be fraught with small print or traitors usurping her authority.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

What about Gendry? An actual bastard of Robert's might shore up her claim...

Genealogy Forum Mod

....... wrote: »

He was looking at Jamie while saying all of that. I hope it's a bunch of seashells and not the halfman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

It could be anything. He called it a 'great gift', so it's not going to be a box of choccies
    [/LIST]

Oh I dunno, Queen Elizabeth I would take sweeties over any other pressie.

And all because the queen of the seven kingdoms loves...

pinkypinky wrote: »
    What about Gendry? An actual bastard of Robert's might shore up her claim...

I think Melisandre might turn up with Gendry somehow someway as a last play with Kings Blood, nah I kidding I kidding, hope Gendry turns up soon a lot of potential with him screwing up the plans for someone.

I said little gift in my post alluding to it being everyones favorite half man

Very unlikely to be Tyrion. To capture or kill him, he'd have to breach Dragonstone which has never been done iirc. Tyrion's unlikely to be taking part in any battles unless riding a dragon and that would bring its own challenges.

Dorne would be a much easier and quicker target to attack and take.

They didn't seem to be there with her, Varys scene in episode 10 looks like he was their for their ships which again versus the books is mad that Dorne even has ships, highgarden and the reach would , really hope it's Olenna as seeing her and Cersei have a psychic showdown will be good tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Where did the reference to "little gift" come from? I thought they said precious gift?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It could be anything. He called it a 'great gift', so it's not going to be a box of choccies or a bunch of flowers. ;)

Things the would rock Cersei's world:

• Any or all of her enemies defeated. So in order of closeness: Dragonstone, Dorne, Highgarden or Winterfell.
    • Any of her enemies captured or killed. That's a long list, but essentially anyone who's at the pointy end of the above.
    • An actual gift like the horn, Dragonbinder, a Dragon's egg or a Dragon (can't see them getting one of those beheomths onto a ship) so a dead dragon presumably. Hard to get gifts for the girl who has everything*.

*Terms and conditions may apply. Actual possession may be fraught with small print or traitors usurping her authority.

Sounds like a tinder profile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I watched the episode again last night after seeing a few comments on here about Sansa & Jon's disagreement.

I can't see any real animosity at all between them and definitely got the impression that Sansa will be 100% behind Jon. She told him he's a great leader of men and warned him that he has to be cleverer than Ned or Rob.

Yes, she disagreed with him at the table, but in their chat afterwards she was left in no doubt that Jon is King, and she accepted that. She told him that she would offer her advice and help whenever she could, while at the same time accepting that she should not disrespect him in public by questioning his decisions.

Come to think of it, I always expected Jon and Daenerys to get married in the end, but now I wonder if Jon & Sansa could end up together once it's discovered he's not her brother? Now she's becoming much wiser and harder, they would be a formidable couple.

They didn't seem to be there with her, Varys scene in episode 10 looks like he was their for their ships which again versus the books is mad that Dorne even has ships, highgarden and the reach would , really hope it's Olenna as seeing her and Cersei have a psychic showdown will be good tv.
    Why wouldn't Dorne have ships? It takes up almost the entire southern coast of Westeros, so ships would seem to be a no-brainer.

And with a second's googling, there they are. :D

tyrell-fleet-1.png

It's a good question, but I'd find it hard to imagine a Dornish (or Highgarden) fleet sailing to war without at least one of the ruling family on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'd imagine it is Tyrion that Euron is going to get for Cersei seeing as she took the time to remind everyone how much she hates him shortly before Euron arrived.

Get the three Lannisters in the same room and I doubt they'd all come out alive. All three of Cersei and Jaimes kids are dead and there's a certain ambiguously worded prophecy still in play...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It'll be the Sand Snakes and / or Yara and Theon or their dead bodies. We know from the trailer for season 7 that
    there's a sea battle coming involving Theon and Yara which doesn't appear to go well for them. Given that the Sand Snakes make up part of the same fleet they do (and it'd be better for the show to kill them off as fast as possible) they'll be taken at the same time by Euron using some dark magic / trickery or other

The Queen of Thornes isn't going to be on one of the ships, she'll be back in Highgarden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

What? No love for the Sand Snakes? :) No, kill them off in naval battle (And good riddance) and take Asha/Yara and Theon to Cercie alright. Poor auld Theon, always the prisoner.

Advertisement