Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

fima wrote: »
    Maybe a different one so, the new ma's who drink possibly? They're all the same

I think that was archived after the it galz podcast drama. So there must be a few others or it's just here...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

She always says the saddos sitting behind a screen typing horrible things about her are probably eating cheetos - it's a little joke she has.

It's a really funny joke !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

Missed all this as i don't follow her, she obviously made reference to someone/people being negative online about her? As far as I recall from when I did follow her the cheeto thing came from Paul, that when she gets negativity to imagine the person writing the comments as a sad individual sitting at a screen stuffing themselves with cheetos (paraphrasing but something close to that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

The cheeto fingers comments I find SO rude. Clearly they assume that people who dare to have an opinion (rather than blindly worship her) are fat slobs who sit at a computer all day. How rude is that? Coming from somebody who is working on changing her body.... Extremely distasteful IMO. And Cheetos are yum so shut up.

The whole Paul takeover I think is to drive more business to him. Which is fair enough like of course you wanna help your partner. But maybe limit it to a shoutout now and then? I really dont like his manner and agree that he does seem very smug. It's clearly an attempt to push business his way, and it's far too much. The way the pair of them acted when someone rightly pointed out that they had gone overboard (see, now Im even saying THEY) was outrageous. She is extremely immature for her age, and he is actually doing a lot of damage to her image. It comes off as being obsessed with him, and it looks v unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

It doesn't seem like all this "coverage" is doing him any favours although he does seem to be much younger than her so maybe he has some maturing to do
    The cheeto fingers comments I find SO rude. Clearly they assume that people who dare to have an opinion (rather than blindly worship her) are fat slobs who sit at a computer all day. How rude is that? Coming from somebody who is working on changing her body.... Extremely distasteful IMO. And Cheetos are yum so shut up.

The whole Paul takeover I think is to drive more business to him. Which is fair enough like of course you wanna help your partner. But maybe limit it to a shoutout now and then? I really dont like his manner and agree that he does seem very smug. It's clearly an attempt to push business his way, and it's far too much. The way the pair of them acted when someone rightly pointed out that they had gone overboard (see, now Im even saying THEY) was outrageous. She is extremely immature for her age, and he is actually doing a lot of damage to her image. It comes off as being obsessed with him, and it looks v unhealthy.

• Advertisement

Sufitzy wrote: »
    It's a really funny joke !!!

If you say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ray37 wrote: »

Well I'm told she said they are planning on doing it again so she doesn't give a damn what other people say.
    Her followers are just idiots to get money from it seems.

Does anyone know what Paul's credentials are btw? Does he have any educational background in fitness and nutrition or is this all just his opinion and stuff he thinks is right? There's nothing on his website that I could see.
    If he isn't a dietician he really shouldn't be telling people what to eat... And a dietician wouldn't be ranting on the Internet about food in the first place imo.
    People have different nutritional needs but he seems to think it's one size fits all.
    Worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Irishinoz, please read the forum charter. You must have 50 or more posts on boards in order to post in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

Hi mod, what board can I post in if I don't have the 50+ Requirement? Why do I need an amount to post on one board over another? Thanks
    LizT wrote: »
    Mod

Irishinoz, please read the forum charter. You must have 50 or more posts on boards in order to post in this forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod You can post in most other forums in Boards but each forum has its own charter.

When we set up this forum, we set a 50 post min & 3 month min limit to discourage trolls from disrupting threads, which tended to happen frequently in previous threads about blogging (before the forum was set up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

fussyonion wrote: »

ALSO, when Snappers post endless videos of their nights out. It's just groups of people screaming and dancing to loud music.
    How the hell is that entertaining for your followers?

This irritates the crap out of me and I've unfollowed a few due to it. Drink and Snapchat just don't mix unless it's for you and your mates to watch!

If you say so.

That was my lame attempt at humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

It was!

MUF story on Snapchat yesterday was TORTURE.
    Whatever about cheeto fingers (which I also think is an insult) I had fairly slim fingers after all the tap tap tapping I did yesterday!
    As for this rubbish of screenshotting all the 5 people who enjoyed what you did......meh.
    I'm unfollowing. Didn't find her attitude nice, and it has annoyed me on several occasions so going to take her advice & unfollow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Huge supporter of MUF but didn't enjoy her snaps yesterday as I'm a lazy yoke with no interest in exercise. Wouldn't have minded even ten snaps or so and a chat about food even though I've no real interest. I'm glad she's found someone she's. obbviously. Happy with but would hate to see her ruin a career she built from nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Did anyone else notice the huge difference in her body shape when Paul was filming her and then at the end when she was doing selfies? She sure knows how to work her angles.

I enjoyed the food snaps more than the gym snaps I must say. The gym ones went on way too long and the constant moving to the good light was ridiculous and obvious. They said they don't Normally snap as the gyms busy and they don't want to get any gym members in the snaps. Most of her snaps had other gym members In the background of them? That must be illegal? I'd be raging and embarrassed if I knew I was in someone's snaps.

If you say so 😂

I was surprised she let him film her and post unedited photos... Her body is in no way in bad shape, but it's not nearly how she presents it herself when she's in control of the camera. Tbh I don't think she's anywhere near ready for a bikini comp. I'm actually shocked that she allowed him to upload all of those snaps with no editing, the difference was huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the huge difference in her body shape when Paul was filming her and then at the end when she was doing selfies? She sure knows how to work her angles.

I enjoyed the food snaps more than the gym snaps I must say. The gym ones went on way too long and the constant moving to the good light was ridiculous and obvious. They said they don't Normally snap as the gyms busy and they don't want to get any gym members in the snaps. Most of her snaps had other gym members In the background of them? That must be illegal? I'd be raging and embarrassed if I knew I was in someone's snaps.

I noticed a huge difference compared to her edited pics but I actually thought she looked fab in them. There was a softness to her shape which is very real and natural compared to her photoshopped ones. Her body looked far more in proportion compared to her "curated content".
    The way she looked in those videos yesterday was real and something to aspire to because for most of us its a reachable target, whereas her regular edited pics look fake and unattainable.
    If she showed pics looking natural more often and not in silly poses with a huge amount of editing she won't alienate a large portion of her audience who for the most part, are average shaped Irish women.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

heyjude88 wrote: »

I got blocked by Joanne a couple of years ago on Instagram for telling her she shouldn't be snapping while at the gym as she was showing other gym members working out. You could see their faces and all. It was terrible. Could you imagine going for a workout and not having the most flattering videos/photos of yourself plastered all over her Snapchat. She tried to defend herself and said she couldn't see a problem with it! Once she looked ok in them she couldn't care less of other people's feelings. Lost all respect for her. Total narcissism.

Private jokes should be private! Also telling the world your bf is bringing you to tesco to get you Panadol for your extremely bad period cramps is so unnecessary as is telling everyone the sexy lingerie days are over...why??? Why do we need to know this? Who would want to share that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Private jokes should be private! Also telling the world your bf is bringing you to tesco to get you Panadol for your extremely bad period cramps is so unnecessary as is telling everyone the sexy lingerie days are over...why??? Why do we need to know this? Who would want to share that?
    Who said this? MUF?

Yes it was MUF. She's gone overboard on the whole sharing of her relationship thing, and it comes off extremely forced IMO. I know a lot of her followers arent thrilled with it. God forbid they break up she will be freaking out and going on about how her life is 'private'.... Personally I am not buying the whole 'relationship goals' thing she's selling, doesnt seem authentic at all.

To add, she is now using 'we' etc when describing new blog posts.... I'm truly baffled by this, I would NEVER want a fella involved in my career I'd built for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Aren't they together all of 6 months? Oh the romance....
    I unfollow her a while ago but she really seems happy to throw her career away for a pretty short relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Ya a bit to much TMI! Although ya would think she would have gotten him to get the stuff before he came home!? I think she is saying 'we' because from her snaps he seems to have wrote her lastest blog post!

Yep, I think she is throwing it all away too. She's moved to the UK to be with him (she said before it was coz she was a big fish in a small pond being in Ireland, egotistical or what??) and I don't feel she is getting as much work there at all. I think the move was solely for him under the guise of extending her reach into the UK, but nobody knows who she is there.... Her is involved in every aspect of her life, her trains her, gives her diet advice, writes blog posts, and snaps on her snapchat. WFT is she doing?? He comes across like a total opportunist, and even said before he had googled her before they met.... She plugs his business non stop too, it's all a bit one way IMO...

Yep, I think she is throwing it all away too. She's moved to the UK to be with him (she said before it was coz she was a big fish in a small pond being in Ireland, egotistical or what??) and I don't feel she is getting as much work there at all. I think the move was solely for him under the guise of extending her reach into the UK, but nobody knows who she is there.... Her is involved in every aspect of her life, her trains her, gives her diet advice, writes blog posts, and snaps on her snapchat. WFT is she doing?? He comes across like a total opportunist, and even said before he had googled her before they met.... She plugs his business non stop too, it's all a bit one way IMO...

I did notice though that one day she met up with a friend for lunch and on snap chat afterwards she said that her friend had moved over for her boyfriend too. So she gave herself away there. Now that you say it, he is involved with everything! That's slightly worrying. He is her content now.

He googled her before they net? Whaaaat??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not sure how I wandered in here. But I read a few posts and am I bit lost.
    People are complaining about what other people post on their personal blog/facebookpage/instagram/snap chat. WTF?

Have I missed something? It's their own platform, they are free to post what ever they want imo. It's like saying you don't like a particular magazine because of the content.
    I agree that certain content is annoying, but not following those people is easy.

Yep, I think she is throwing it all away too. She's moved to the UK to be with him (she said before it was coz she was a big fish in a small pond being in Ireland, egotistical or what??) and I don't feel she is getting as much work there at all. I think the move was solely for him under the guise of extending her reach into the UK, but nobody knows who she is there.... Her is involved in every aspect of her life, her

trains her, gives her diet advice, writes blog posts, and snaps on her snapchat. WFT is she doing?? He comes across like a total opportunist, and even said before he had googled her before they met.... She plugs his business non stop too, it's all a bit one way IMO...

So he had looked her up before they met ? That's so odd !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Those latest snaps are mortifying.. as is describing yourselves as "couple goals"

Advertisement