Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

ace_irl wrote: »
    I honestly think FBG just doesn't want to work anymore.

She has pretty much zero content. Anything she does put up is mundane and repetitive.

I think she's a perfect example of how influencers can peak and not really have much to offer long term.

What was she like in her peak? I only added her a few months ago. I assumed she was a make up blogger but I haven't been impressed with her content.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I dont think she's changed much since I followed her, when she was pregnant, from about 4 months onwards. She did little then, she does less now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm going to stop following FBG. At this stage, I only tune in to see for myself how wrecked Sienna will look today. FBG needs to rustle up some proper content and start keeping her child out of her snaps. I have a bad feeling she's actually a bit depressed but if that's the case, she won't find the answer on social media.
    I only started following her towards the end of her pregnancy and I thought she was awesome. There was a reason she amassed so many followers. She needs to get back to what she's good at - and let Sienna toddle around in peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

She use to be a lot more active, blogging, making videos and being out and about.

She had clients she would go do make up on, did nixer type things and generally had more content to keep you watching.

I actually enjoyed her product talk throughs when she would be getting ready, obvs a lot of it had been sent to her but she actually showed stuff that was relevant and generated content.

Now she's basically a stay at home mum who won't admit it (nothing wrong with that) and tries to spin it as if she is self employed. One must actively be working to be self employed!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The video for the box came up on my fb newsfeed so had to watch after reading here. I thought there was going to be a mention of a product but there was nothing, just pre order a cardboard box now.

It’s the most bizarre idea I’ve ever heard. And if these are established brands and not her own new creation, how can it take a year to choose 17 samples to put in a box?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The video for the box came up on my fb newsfeed so had to watch after reading here. I thought there was going to be a mention of a product but there was nothing, just pre order a cardboard box now.

It’s the most bizarre idea I’ve ever heard. And if these are established brands and not her own new creation, how can it take a year to choose 17 samples to put in a box?

It doesn't take a year, Although she claims she's working on it for over a year now she hasn't she said so herself last night, she went to Meaghers last Christmas too late to get it on the stands as such so they put it on the back burner until prob a couple of months ago.

So at most she's been working on this for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The more I think of it the more farcical it becomes. It's almost like a piss take. Seriously. "For just €69 you too can have one of these boxes which could contain horse manure for all you know. Preorder yours now!!"..
    *website crashes*

Honest to Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Well I got my Marks & Spencer's advent calendar for €40. Got it last year and it was worth every penny. Decent (and in some cases full) sized samples. There was lots of variety and I used pretty much everything in it. Ended up buying the Emma Hardie cleansing balm after the sample ran out. Loved it. No idea what is in it but based on how good it was last year, I'm willing to try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

This post has been deleted.

Exactly.

What kind of people have 69e to throw around on something like this? Like who is her target audience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When's the extra bonus week from the social welfare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Exactly.

What kind of people have 69e to throw around on something like this? Like who is her target audience?

If bloggers actually had to pay for products they'd understand how ridiculous their pricing strategy is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

When's the extra bonus week from the social welfare

Ha... Think it's next week actually. Last week in November is Christmas bonus week.

Just in time for her fans

Honest to god Grace's reveal of the first three products was shocking. All done on the brown couch and the child beside her pawing at everything. Could she not take herself away and do it properly? If it's something that "she's been working on for a year" then throwing them on the couch in such a casual manner doesn't do her "efforts" much justice.
    There wasn't an ounce of professionalism about it.
    At the end she said "this is my first little venture in the whole product thing"....
    Eh?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

anna080 wrote: »
    At the end she said "this is my first little venture in the whole product thing"....
    Eh?

Well done love your product is a cheap cardboard box with a bow on it, used to store other people's products.

Honest to god the notions....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

Honest to god Grace's reveal of the first three products was shocking. All done on the brown couch and the child beside her pawing at everything. Could she not take herself away and do it properly? If it's something that "she's been working on for a year" then throwing them on the couch in such a casual manner doesn't do her "efforts" much justice.
    Eh?

Did she show the products ? What were the first 3 ?

Sufitzy wrote: »
    Did she show the products ? What were the first 3 ?

Bioderma micellar water, Kinvara rosehip oil and a sample size Bioderma moisturiser.

0xLKW.gif

But..its not her first dealings with products. Shes been shilling these through Meaghers for over a year and making a tidy profit off her discount codes. Shes just put a crappy box on it this time

anna080 wrote:
    Bioderma micellar water, Kinvara rosehip oil and a sample size Bioderma moisturiser.

She did say it cost like 40 something for those 3 products. The whole box is probably value for money.

It just annoyed me a lot when Sienna was clawing at her for everything. If she was more professional people would take her more seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

She did say it cost like 40 something for those 3 products. The whole box is probably value for money.

It just annoyed me a lot when Sienna was clawing at her for everything. If she was more professional people would take her more seriously.

She was also telling people to swipe up to preorder last night when no one had any idea what was in the box. It’s only good value if you’d actually use the products and there’s no way you could know that until you’ve seen what’s in it. It isn’t good value if it’s stuff you’d never actually use or buy anyway. Regardless of what something in the box costs, if you don’t use it it’s not good value.

I think she's including the sample sized products as their full sized pricing. Hardly fair.

I think she's including the sample sized products as their full sized pricing. Hardly fair.

If she’s doing that then she’s down right lying about the value of the contents.

Toastytoes wrote:
    She was also telling people to swipe up to preorder last night when no one had any idea what was in the box. It’s only good value if you’d actually use the products and there’s no way you could know that until you’ve seen what’s in it. It isn’t good value if it’s stuff you’d never actually use or buy anyway. Regardless of what something in the box costs, if you don’t use it it’s not good value.

Oh yeah I agree. I'll stay tuned to see what else is in it. The sample products won't sell boxes. The full size products would want to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Eh?

The child swinging out of her grabbing products she couldn’t even wait till she was in bed to do it

Cria wrote: »
    The child swinging out of her grabbing products she couldn’t even wait till she was in bed to do it

Just watched it a few minutes ago, that child was so annoying. How can brands think that is worth paying for?!

Jesus so unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Jesus so unprofessional.

I know that Pippa's stuff is over priced etc but if you look at the difference in how she presents herself, her brand, the video for the candles.. Its absolute night and day compared to FBG. There's a reason Pippa is so successful and will continue to be. I wish FBG could see this because she's almost 30, not 21. She needs to make some serious changes if she wants any longevity in blogging, because at this rate she won't be around this time next year. I hope she finds her mojo.

I think she has more problems than lack of content. She's outrageously lazy and a downright clot. Sleeping on curried sheets for a week? Oh please. Doing nothing all day but still having no time doing laundry. On the couch snapping her mother doing things with no help being offered except showing her on Snapchat.
    She has the child pulling things out of her hand while she's "supposed" to be working, the child can't sh1te without Snapchat knowing about it, she's in no way professional or even clean. I wouldn't buy anything she endorsed because she makes me feel itchy just looking at her

• Advertisement

I actually am shocked at all the people who defend her on facebook. They all clearly have too much money if they can fork out €70 before even seeing 1 product.
    Also, all the "she's clearly put a lot of thought into it". Well no she hasn't, anyone who has followed her for ages will see these are products she pushes on her snapchat pretty regularly (with her discount codes) so how much thought exactly went into them? She's worked with Meaghers for well over 18 months and knows their stock really well and advertises them any chance she gets. I'm not saying it won't turn out to be a good deal but the ones who bought it without knowing what's in it need to reassess their lives really, that they'll buy something because a blogger promised them it was great.
    They're the same ones who say "oh my kids recognise your voice, and they know Sienna", do you really not think that's odd, also her child has zero privacy which is inherently wrong.
    Apart from her claims of anxiety, how exactly is Grace "an inspiration", what has she overcome or done to earn that title? I don't see one thing inspiring or aspiring about her. Even her charity "work" (and I use that term very, very loosely) has been self serving, even using her followers to raise money while taking payment for the Great Irish Run (and doing eff all training for it).
    Grace's business practices are sketchy at best, from her pushing bfeeding yet working with Cow and Gate, the pushing skinny tea to vulnerable mums even though she couldn't take it herself, to the hinting for freebies, to the €60 workshop where you got a crappy Meagher's freebie bag and had to use your own products, to the personal training/nail/hair ads that she never says are free. Anyone who thinks she's their mate or isn't in it for the fast easy money, is a fool.

Advertisement