Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mnc0814

I remember when Rosie used to have the step son up on her Snapchat and instagram and she definitely didn't call him reuben, she called him Jacob. Who was the little baby who died... am I the only person who remembers this? Bloody weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Toastytoes wrote:
    Does anyone know what happened with Sinead (sinead’s curvy style) ? Seems someone wrote or said something about her and angles or something. She’s deleted the snaps now where she she showed it. She seems very upset. Seemed to be something about her size or something. I think she always looks great, she’s very pretty and carries herself well.

Yes I was wondering about this also. She is very attractive and does carry herself well. However she does look smaller in her own posts than she does in real life or in the posts of brands she may model for. I noticed it but never bothered me, maybe this is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Yes I was wondering about this also. She is very attractive and does carry herself well. However she does look smaller in her own posts than she does in real life or in the posts of brands she may model for. I noticed it but never bothered me, maybe this is it?

I wish I knew how to do that same!! She’s very open about her weight and size so it’s hard to know how anyone would have anything to say about it. I definitely don’t get the impression that she alters her pics so fair play to her for knowing her angles if that’s what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Toastytoes wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened with Sinead (sinead’s curvy style) ? Seems someone wrote or said something about her and angles or something. She’s deleted the snaps now where she she showed it. She seems very upset. Seemed to be something about her size or something. I think she always looks great, she’s very pretty and carries herself well.
    I didn’t see any comment made about her weight. But I seen comments mention possible lack of transparency regarding sp/ad

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I don't think there was any comment about her weight. It was a long series of snaps about her understanding on the difference between #ad and #sp because someone asked her if a snap was advertising. She said if she gets paid she will put #ad on, and if she gets something for free it will be #sp apparently. But then one of her major blogger friends told her it was wrong and #sp only had to be used if she was paid also.
    I don't know why it would be upsetting?

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    I don't think there was any comment about her weight. It was a long series of snaps about her understanding on the difference between #ad and #sp because someone asked her if a snap was advertising. She said if she gets paid she will put #ad on, and if she gets something for free it will be #sp apparently. But then one of her major blogger friends told her it was wrong and #sp only had to be used if she was paid also.
    I don't know why it would be upsetting?

I got the impression there was definitely something mentioned about her size but she has deleted those snaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Used to love Sinead Curvy Style and will continue to watch her as she is great to follow from a Limerick perspective. She's by far my favourite snapchatter.

However, I have lost a bit of respect for her over the whole #sp #ad thing. She clearly is a very bright and intelligent person. The way she keep on talking about how confusing all the blogger ad stuff is discrediting her. I'm not a blogger and I understand it, its not that difficult to understand. People like her because she is real and honest and her saying that she is so confused by something, that is easy enough to comprehend, makes me feel she is trying to hide something.

She will probably read this and get upset, and that is also ridiculous as no one is saying anything bad. She is clearly a lovely, beautiful person inside and out. That she is getting so easily upset over anonymous people on the inrernet is very over the top. She obviously had a stresstful week and it all got on top of her but defintely needs to grow a thicker skin for the career path she's chosen.

panda100 wrote: »
    Used to love Sinead Curvy Style and will continue to watch her as she is great to follow from a Limerick perspective. She's by far my favourite snapchatter.

However, I have lost a bit of respect for her over the whole #sp #ad thing. She clearly is a very bright and intelligent person. The way she keep on talking about how confusing all the blogger ad stuff is discrediting her. I'm not a blogger and I understand it, its not that difficult to understand. People like her because she is real and honest and her saying that she is so confused by something, that is easy enough to comprehend, makes me feel she is trying to hide something.

She will probably read this and get upset, and that is also ridiculous as no one is saying anything bad. She is clearly a lovely, beautiful person inside and out. That she is getting so easily upset over anonymous people on the inrernet is very over the top. She obviously had a stresstful week and it all got on top of her but defintely needs to grow a thicker skin for the career path she's chosen.

I had noticed recently that she was using #sp for salon visit and I thought it unlikely that she was actually getting paid to go in for treatments. I do think she was confused about the difference between sp and ad and in effect she was declaring things as paid for posts when they actually were just freebies. She was over declaring stuff instead of under. Of course she should totally be making herself aware of the difference it didn’t look intentional to me as she was making things look like ads that weren’t actually ads.

I do think there was more said than the sp/ad comments though and it was the personal stuff she was upset about. She mentioned Simon saying the only angle he cared about was her smile, which seemed to be in retort to a comment made. There was also something about her singing giving people a headache.

I like her fashion posts but tbh I always tap through the salon visits and the treatments, I find she posts a lot of that type of thing. Overall I find her likable and good craic though.

Finally downloaded the reddit app and it makes it much easier to use! I won’t be missing the juicy posts in future now that I can find my way around the thread there!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sure it's nothing another blow dry won't sort out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Toastytoes wrote: »
    I got the impression there was definitely something mentioned about her size but she has deleted those snaps.

I didn't read anything about her size.

I didn't read anything about her size.

I’m just going off she said in her follow up snaps. She had deleted the ones spelling out exactly what was said at that stage. She’s actually deleted more now than when I watched last night. She definitely commented last night on looking like she weighs a tonne or ten tonne or something to that effect and about good angles so that leads me to believe there was more said than sp/ad related stuff.

Maybe it wasn’t posted to a thread, maybe it was. Maybe it was a dm. As I said, I’m just going off her snaps last night. There’s definitely posts deleted from the reddit thread on the topic so maybe they were the ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I read someone saying she alters her photos and doesn't look like how she looks in real life and knows her angles, another poster followed that up saying to be fair she never is misleading about her dress size and the OP clarified it wasn't anything about her weight it was about the work that's done on the pics and commented it wasn't as much as the makeup fairy but was still significant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ah OK fair enough maybe they were deleted before I read them.

I read someone saying she alters her photos and doesn't look like how she looks in real life and knows her angles, another poster followed that up saying to be fair she never is misleading about her dress size and the OP clarified it wasn't anything about her weight it was about the work that's done on the pics and commented it wasn't as much as the makeup fairy but was still significant

They must be the ones then. I’ve never seen her in real life and I’m clueless about how to edit pics to look trimmer so it’s not something I’ve noticed. Are there some kind of telltale signs? Like the wavy lines on photoshopped pics? I wouldn’t have any issue if it’s just posting pics from your best angle, I’m sure most of us try to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don't follow sinead so I'm not talking about her but generally you can tell when you know them to see off their own platform then see someone else's pic of them and they're unrecognisable.

I think you can tell if they'be photoshopped themselves if the background is distorted or if they've gone to town on it and have edited too much that they leave themselves with a weird looking arm or something

She posted something tonight with two dresses from Carrig Donn and said at the end Ps this is my best angle so something was definitely said. Some followers wrote stuff about ignore the haters etc so not sure what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is kinda sad but during the week I set up a second Snapchat account from my iPad so I could look at FBG's snaps to see if what you were all saying was true! I was blocked on my normal account about 6/7 months ago for messaging her and saying it would be nice to see some actual makeup content. So yeah...red tartan pyjamas, a brown couch, a bored baby on a kitchen floor. That's about it. She seems really fed up and bored trying to deal with Sienna at this age. All I could think of is that my Mam would be giving me a serious kick up the hole if that was me living in her house and doing nothing all day!

I don't follow Grace but just from reading about her on here does anyone else think she may be in such a rut she can't get out of it? That she isn't coping very well with being a mother etc sounds to me she may be a little depressed. I feel sorry for her.

I don't follow Grace but just from reading about her on here does anyone else think she may be in such a rut she can't get out of it? That she isn't coping very well with being a mother etc sounds to me she may be a little depressed. I feel sorry for her.
    Same. I stopped following her at the start of last year. But from what I've read of her online, I think she does need someone to give her a good talking to, not in a cross way but in a supportive way. She needs to be told to pull her socks up, get out and about and to start living life. She doesn't appear to be doing very much at all. I know that having a child is hard, it really is one of the hardest things you can do in your life IMO, but I also think you need to have a certain amount of structure, discipline and motivation in your days so get the most from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Someone (on here I think) made the point a while ago that she does seem to have gotten lost. As you have said, you need to have structure in your daily life if you aren't working outside the home. I know when I was on maternity, I had to be up and dressed when my husband was leaving, it just made me feel better. The thing with Grace is, she is meant to be a working mum, granted a self employed one but still but even that seems to have taken a back seat. Her appearance is shocking most days for someone who pushed beauty and lifestyle. She rarely goes to events/launches, you hear more and more of her deciding not to go to them, or leaving it last minute to organise a childminder. As long as she has enablers surrounding her, telling her how amazing she is, anything else would be seen as bullying or hate.

My only argument on that would be, I started following her when she was about 3 months pregnant, just after she left work I believe, and honestly, I was shocked at how little she did even then. I know everyone reacts to pregnancy differently but she had no health issues that she spoke of (and you know she would have). She just spent her days lying about, eating and complaining about being tired, she was better than she is now as she had more free time, but not much honestly. As someone who was 3 months ahead of her, and I have 10 years on her working 40 hours a week, I just couldn't relate to her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

FBG: Tuesday is usually my work day but I'm not working today. I'm going to cook salmon and wash some clothes.

Unfollow.

Since when?? I wish you could go back on Snapchat and see exactly how much work she's done the past few months on a Tuesday, or any day.

FBG: Tuesday is usually my work day but I'm not working today.
    A work day?1 ONE work day?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That's actually hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    FBG: Tuesday is usually my work day but I'm not working today.
    A work day?1 ONE work day?!
    In fairness, it explains why that ****ty box took 6 months to put together when it should have taken 2 weeks max to get the brands ok and design the box etc. But of course that would be with someone actually working hard full time on it.

This post has been deleted.

Absolutely, most people want to show their best side and why not. Most people don't whine about it though and start crying and saying what would my mother think! If she wants the upside of blogging there must be a balance, not everyone will like her. I'm a big fan of hers since the beginning but I felt she was very childish in her handling of it. It took days of people sending her supportive messages in order to perk herself up, according to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I loved her blog at the start but felt it changed a bit still like some things on it if people are commenting about weight or body thats not fair tho

• Advertisement

By all means call out someone not # or anything like that but it's not ok to body shame someone. Even if she does seem a little over sensitive to some people, it's not ok.

I know I try to turn my face a certain way when in photos. I do wish the legs crossed pose would stop, it makes most people look like they're holding in a wee

Advertisement