Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

NDWC wrote: »
    I'd imagine these will all sell out quick, even with the id/credit card policy.

The guy is absolutely huge and as someone else mentioned is probably the biggest artist on the planet at present.

I actually think he's decent and herself loves him so we'll likely try to get tickets for one of the Phoenix Park gigs, although Pearse stadium could be interesting with the added bonus of a weekend in Galway.
    Best of luck with affordable accommodation in Galway that weekend! It's like Galway Race week.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Wonder what way they're going to set up the Phoenix Park for seating and standing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Nearly a 100 euro rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They'll probably set up the Phoenix Park in a similar way to when they've had seats in Malahide Castle, albeit on a much larger scale. 13448s.gif

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

They'll probably set up the Phoenix Park in a similar way to when they've had seats in Malahide Castle, albeit on a much larger scale. 13448s.gif

Yeah that seems to be the universally accepted layout for venues of that size with seating and standing combined, this is the way that Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv sets up too (random, I know, but it is!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Yeah that seems to be the universally accepted layout for venues of that size with seating and standing combined, this is the way that Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv sets up too (random, I know, but it is!)

The question is if one would have a good view from such a proposed seat set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

dragonfly! wrote: »
    The question is if one would have a good view from such a proposed seat set up?

I would ask this too. I have been to a few gigs in Croke Park, Aviva, and I have found if you are at the back of the stadium the sound is terrible and you can barely see the acts. Not too bad if a group with a huge visual show but one man with a guitar will barely be visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone price of Cork tickets?

Same price for every venue 81 for standing 91 for standing and 6ish booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

canireally wrote: »
    Same price for every venue 81 for standing 91 for standing and 6ish booking fee.

Is standing 81 cheapest?

• Advertisement

Yep 81 and booking fee. So about 88e cheapest!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

canireally wrote: »

fee is more than likely 6.85 so more like "7ish", and per ticket. And to be pedantic the booking fee is already included, this is service charges. Infuriates me how they get away with adverts saying "included booking fee" and then "additional fees may apply" I would l love to see the % of tickets sold which did NOT have any "additional fees" applied. I have said it time and time again how so many are duped by the ads and think the advert which says "includes booking fee" think this means the service charge has been included. It is deliberately misleading, has anybody got a ticket in the last 20 odd years (or more) which did NOT include the booking fee, if not then WTF mention it? of course it is included. Tell use the real likely price, or various prices, they tried to stop airlines getting away with such bogus nonsense. They should be forced to declare it, just like you might hear bank adverts which rattle off a load of quickly and murmured info at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

bigpink wrote: »
    Nearly a 100 euro rip off

I'm surprised he is even charging for the tickets ,I thought he'd play for free seeing as he loves Ireland so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

All the seating plans are up on TM. So Phoenix can range from 50k-137k? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭bennyl10

wacotaco wrote: »
    All the seating plans are up on TM. So Phoenix can range from 50k-137k? :rolleyes:

Usually can.

Seating in Phoenix park is just silly.. right at the back of the standing..
    Money money money....

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

wacotaco wrote: »

Would you mind posting a link please? Can't find them on the app?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

I'm wondering where in Phoenix Park the concert area will be set up?

Can someone who knows where it was for past gigs like Timberlake or Swedish House Mafia please supply the location using the matrix attached?

much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pretty sure the 2012 gigs (Stone Roses, Snow Patrol etc.) were in the E2 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

thanks a lot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

zetalambda wrote: »
    Over 320,000 in total if my figues below are correct

PUC: 45,000 capacity
    Boucher: 80,000 capacity
    Pierse: 26,000 capacity
    Phoenix Pk: 50,000 capacity

Pierse ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Homer Simpson type question... I want to buy 2 tickets for a gift for somebody.

If I buy them, give her my credit card and confirmation slip to get her into the concert ? Will that work ?

I know they "say " the id check will be enforced and never really is, just don't want A, to be landed with 2 ed sheeran tickets I don't want and B, don't want to let her down on the birthday present.

I wont be going, but want to make sure the person I buy the 2 tickets for gets in to the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Anyone that has been to a concert in the Phoenix Park know what the policy for age limit standing might be. I've emailed Aiken promotions to ask but surprise surprise no response.

On Ed Sheerans website they have listed age restrictions for all his UK venues but nothing of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Anyone that has been to a concert in the Phoenix Park know what the policy for age limit standing might be. I've emailed Aiken promotions to ask but surprise surprise no response.

On Ed Sheerans website they have listed age restrictions for all his UK venues but nothing of Ireland.

Says under 18s need an adult with them here. I'd say that's very likely if ID/credit card etc. is needed for entry.

Andrew - I don't think anyone can say for sure because we could say it's grand they wont even check, and then they might & the person you buy tickets for could be refused. I think I seen that the name on the card needs to match the booking reference & ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

finbarrk wrote: »

Yes Pearse Stadium not Pierse.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Muir wrote: »
    Says under 18s need an adult with them . I'd say that's very likely if ID/credit card etc. is needed for entry.

Andrew - I don't think anyone can say for sure because we could say it's grand they wont even check, and then they might & the person you buy tickets for could be refused. I think I seen that the name on the card needs to match the booking reference & ID.

Thanks for that but I'm more trying to find out if there will be a restriction as to the age someone attending will have to be in order to have a standing ticket. I know that in Croke Park under 14s or 15s can’t stand on the pitch, but then Croke Park has ample amount of seating tickets.. I know seating in the park has been mentioned but I wouldn’t assume there will be anything close to that amount offered at Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Thanks for that but I'm more trying to find out if there will be a restriction as to the age someone attending will have to be in order to have a standing ticket. I know that in Croke Park under 14s or 15s can’t stand on the pitch, but then Croke Park has ample amount of seating tickets.. I know seating in the park has been mentioned but I wouldn’t assume there will be anything close to that amount offered at Croke Park.

Sorry, I get what you mean now, haven't seen anything on that yet, will let you know if I do.

Yes and they were standing only if I recall correctly

The seating charts are up now on TM
    Dublin looks like an awful layout seat wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dragonfly! wrote: »
    The seating charts are up now on TM
    Dublin looks like an awful layout seat wise

THere shouldn't be any seating in PP
    Makes no sense.. purely looking for that but of extra cash

Advertisement