Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

AFAIK, MM is supposed to be quite improved on 3DS with better time mgmt and notebook features. Plus the dual screen makes that easier to manage. Also, OOT is really nice on the 3DS. Both have better textures, frame rates etc.

I'm really enjoying the 2DS XL at the moment. The Nintendo first party games are a delight and so well designed. Clamshell and dual screen is great on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Anyone expecting an announcement of the Switch Pro or Super Switch as it's now rumoured to be called, anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Anyone expecting an announcement of the Switch Pro or Super Switch as it's now rumoured to be called, anytime soon?

Na, I think sales are going well for them so they'd be mad to release a new model. That could well change though in a few months as Xbox Series X and PS5 become more readily available and sales of them increase. I think the earliest we'll see one is maybe October/ November this year, in time for Christmas and maybe launching at same time as BOTW2. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd actually be shocked if Ninty bothered with a mid-gen refresh - they generally keep their console cycles between 4-6 years, so I feel we're closer to the Switch's successor being revealed more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »

Oh god, after watching that, realised we really need new games, not remastered, limited edition old stuff :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Oh god, after watching that, realised we really need new games, not remastered, limited edition old stuff :):)

Yeah really feeling the itch for something definitively 'new' atm. Not having a moan, nintendo always seem to come good - bit like buses that way :) - but I'm ready to spend some of that nintendo first party money except I'm all caught up tbh. Been googling 'top switch games' and scrolling down to the bottom of the lists to see if I've missed something...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd be chuffed with a GBC/GBA Zelda trio

Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and Minish Cap.

We know BOTW 2 is in production so news on that unless it's a very soon drop is just a tease.

I cancelled my MM 3DS order. Really, I want to play that on a big screen, plus I've given Nintendo too much cash recently, too much stuff on the backlog and too little time. Still have to finish WW and ALBW. Going to clear the Zelda decks for when BOTW2 drops. And I don't want to really know much about BOTW2, only that it's a 10/10 and where and when to get it ! Definitely think they will hold this off for Switch 2. It's a system seller. And Switch one is selling like crazy anyway.

Also, isn't there a pokemon and metroid anniversary this year too ... SO, maybe Nintendo will blow our minds in the next few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pokemon is this month rumour is a Diamond and Pearl Switch release there were also fancy Let's Go Johto covers circulating a few months ago which seemed to have been fan art.

Pokemon Snap was already announced too but new/ hd remakes of classic games will probably be in the mix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hades, Jesus, its dreadful. Why all the hype? A bog standard hack'n'slasher, at best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Nal wrote: »
    Hades, Jesus, its dreadful. Why all the hype? A bog standard hack'n'slasher, at best.

How much have you played of it?

pixelburp wrote: »
    How much have you played of it?

Only about two hours. But have seen gameplay a few hours in and doesn't seem to change a lot?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only about two hours. But have seen gameplay a few hours in and doesn't seem to change a lot?

If you mean the core loop, then not exactly, it's definitely not a deep bench of flavours - though there are a range of weapons you can unlock; but the joy is how the game expands out. I don't know if story and character is something you care for, but if it is, keep going because as you die and start again the narrative expands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I've never gotten into a roguelike before Hades but I can't put this one down. It's got great "just one more go" gameplay.

pixelburp wrote: »
    If you mean the core loop, then not exactly, it's definitely not a deep bench of flavours - though there are a range of weapons you can unlock; but the joy is how the game expands out. I don't know if story and character is something you care for, but if it is, keep going because as you die and start again the narrative expands out.
    xckjoo wrote: »
    I've never gotten into a roguelike before Hades but I can't put this one down. It's got great "just one more go" gameplay.

Cheers folks will give it a few more hours. "Just one more go" is my middle name.

...."oh sh1t its 4am..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Came up on my Youtube feed

Its on Crackle (I dont know either) and seems to focus quite a lot on the American end of the company but could be worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Legend of Zelda is 35 years old today, 21st February.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda

zelda-35-anniversary-hero-white.jpg

I see a link between worlds is 99 quid on Amazon de or 20 quid for the exact same Nintendo selects version. Nintendo crazy madness.

For anyone who has a 2ds or 3ds the game is definitely worth 20 quid. Check Amazon fr and de for the best price inc..postage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see a link between worlds is 99 quid on Amazon de or 20 quid for the exact same Nintendo selects version. Nintendo crazy madness.

For anyone who has a 2ds or 3ds the game is definitely worth 20 quid. Check Amazon fr and de for the best price inc..postage.

You can't hold Nintendo responsible for what a 3rd party seller marks the game up to on Amazon.
    Just looked at the page and, yes it's £99, but it is being sold by some crowd called Miyashop24, a 3rd party seller based in Germany, so Nintendo have nothing to do with it.
    As far as they are concerned the physical copy of the game sells for just under €25 in most places.
    I would imagine the mark-up is for the collectors who don't want a selects version, most of whom would have been smart enough to buy the game on it's original release anyway.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You can't hold Nintendo responsible for what a 3rd party seller marks the game up to on Amazon.
    Just looked at the page and, yes it's £99, but it is being sold by some crowd called Miyashop24, a 3rd party seller based in Germany, so Nintendo have nothing to do with it.
    As far as they are concerned the physical copy of the game sells for just under €25 in most places.
    I would imagine the mark-up is for the collectors who don't want a selects version, most of whom would have been smart enough to buy the game on it's original release anyway.

Prices are all over the place at the moment especially with Amazon UK on the fence with sales to the republic. Anyway, shop around folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Started it a few weeks back. Only at the part where I get the ability to hop into a wall. Dont get much 3ds time but really good so far, not that I expected anything less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Sorry if it was asked, couldn’t see it and searched

Anywhere in Ireland stocking the new Zelda joycons? I see preorders in UK and US

Unless I’m mistaken, Nintendo.co.uk also a no go thanks to address pal cost and the inevitable customs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Anywhere in Ireland stocking the new Zelda joycons? I see preorders in UK and US
    Where did you see UK preorders? Amazon have the game but can't see anywhere with the Joy Cons yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Where did you see UK preorders? Amazon have the game but can't see anywhere with the Joy Cons yet

Ah you’re correct, my mistake. Thought I came across them but I see that they’re not available even in UK yet

Fingers crossed Smyths or GameStop get them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Glebee

Quick one folks,which one is better, Stardew Valley vs Animal Crossing on the Switch? Probally been asked before.

Glebee wrote: »
    Quick one folks,which one is better, Stardew Valley vs Animal Crossing on the Switch? Probally been asked before.

Animal Crossing

Even though I've hardly ever played it and never played Stardew Valley.

AC is 100% tailored to the Nintendo ecosystem, ... , ...
    It's a "AAA" experience I guess. Great graphics, music, content, ...
    AC is more expensive though and one save file per console.
    Gotta keep Nintento in the $$$

SV was developed by 1 guy, music, art, programming.
    Cheaper. Cross platform. Multiple saves per console I'd say.
    Maybe even a better game.

I think you need to Google and figure out what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stardew Valley is more of a game in the traditional sense with goals and quests. It's really deep and let's you go off in whatever direction you want really. You can focus on crop farming, dungeon crawling, rasing animals or just maxing out your relationships with the villagers and getting shacked up.

I've put a healthy amount of time into both and it's Stardew that keeps me coming back.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Animal Crossing is fun for a while but it's also a bit pointless I think. It's just a loot game with real world timing thrown in.

I played for a while and got bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Switch for the last few weeks. However, I've seen some rumours that there might be a new/updated Switch later this year, any truth in these rumours? Is now a good time to buy a Switch? Deals on Nintendo stuff seem to be as scarce as always!

Advertisement