Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The nephews joycons are drifting as well now. He's based in Manchester. Anyone know a place I can get him some delivered to his house? Either joycons or pro controller for his bday.

Amazon is expensive, I might check argos online.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    The nephews joycons are drifting as well now. He's based in Manchester. Anyone know a place I can get him some delivered to his house? Either joycons or pro controller for his bday.

official joycons never go cheap

pro controller either

8bitdo make quality stuff and this is rated as good as the pro controller

compared -

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/8bitdo-sn30-pro-plus-vs-switch-pro-controller

link on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-Wireless-Bluetooth-Nintendo-Raspberry/dp/B01ND166P6/ref=sxin_9_ac_d_rm?ac_md=1-1-OGJpdGRv-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=8bitdo+switch&dchild=1&keywords=8bitdo+switch&pd_rd_i=B01ND166P6&pd_rd_r=412b467f-eb2e-439d-876c-6f4ea1f74fbc&pd_rd_w=0bokW&pd_rd_wg=rvcDP&pf_rd_p=17aec670-a34a-456d-b214-b9a882c785b0&pf_rd_r=ZERTDCHZY3WM8707943D&psc=1&qid=1611416546&sr=1-2-fe323411-17bb-433b-b2f8-c44f2e1370d4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Thanks for that. I was actually looking at the SN30 Pro for myself. It looks good. I like it (not the Pro+).

Tbh I'd rather go the official route for him. Currently trying to find websites that sell the official pads. So far I found Nintendo, amazon, argos, curry's, and I think ShopTo are based in England. Any other sites I can check?

Thanks.

Thanks for that. I was actually looking at the SN30 Pro for myself. It looks good. I like it (not the Pro+).

Tbh I'd rather go the official route for him. Currently trying to find websites that sell the official pads. So far I found Nintendo, amazon, argos, curry's, and I think ShopTo are based in England. Any other sites I can check?

Thanks.

https://pricespy.co.uk/games-consoles/game-controllers/gamepads/nintendo-switch-joy-con-pair-switch-original--p4111408

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just turned on my 3DS XL for the first time since December 2017 and the battery had full bars :eek: It was in a drawer with a regular 3DS (dead battery) and a DSi (flashing charge light). Didn't try the PS Vita :pac:

• Advertisement

another option is to replace the joystick on the offending joycon

it's actually not difficult once you follow a youtube video (plenty on youtube). 15 minutes job.

this set from amazon is pretty cheap and besides 2 replacement joysticks comes with any tools needed. (I used this one)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08J46925L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Has anyone bought the Bluetooth adapter for Switch, if so is it any good?

For headphones?

I did get one that goes into the USB-C port. Only downside is you can't charge while playing. But otherwise works great. Is pretty flat across the bottom of the console.

There is a model that goes into the 3.5mm jack. I've not tried it though.

This is the one I got. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000244479121.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.4000244479121&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=8528amp-FbJSeNeMgHAze0UkaU3Kzw1612040117210&browser_id=&is_c=

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Switch has just started drifting on the right Joycon.
    So... What do I have to do and how much is it going to cost me?

do it yourself.

see post above

very straightforward if you follow the youtube tutorial below. (you don't actually need to disconnect the battery)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Psssst, over here.
    Are we allowed bring up the GoldenEye XBLA leak?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

For headphones?

I did get one that goes into the USB-C port. Only downside is you can't charge while playing. But otherwise works great. Is pretty flat across the bottom of the console.

There is a model that goes into the 3.5mm jack. I've not tried it though.

This is the one I got. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000244479121.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.4000244479121&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=8528amp-FbJSeNeMgHAze0UkaU3Kzw1612040117210&browser_id=&is_c=

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X2WG6N4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_T470GSYJJBTRSGMT5QCW

This one can plug into the Dock too. Gets good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,967 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My Switch has just started drifting on the right Joycon.
    So... What do I have to do and how much is it going to cost me?

You could try giving it a blast with electrical contact cleaner. Worked on my kids two left joycons that started drifting again after I had them (supposedly) fixed. I sprayed them a couple of weeks ago and no drift back yet.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

You could try giving it a blast with electrical contact cleaner. Worked on my kids two left joycons that started drifting again after I had them (supposedly) fixed. I sprayed them a couple of weeks ago and no drift back yet.

maybe worth a try but may also only give temporary respite.

go the whole hog and swap that focker out.

given that you get two joysticks and all the tools for 7 quid pretty much it's the way to go.

glasso wrote: »
    maybe worth a try but may also only give temporary respite.

go the whole hog and swap that focker out.

given that you get two joysticks and all the tools for 7 quid pretty much it's the way to go.

Yeah I have a kit all ready to go, that's the next step.

Yeah I have a kit all ready to go, that's the next step.

as said it's pretty easy to do - wouldn't be afraid of breaking anything.

just take a look at the video above first and then follow through it again when you are doing it. (skip the battery disconnection part as then you don't have to reattach - just move to the side whilst still connected by the wire)

the only bit that may lead to confusion is putting the new ribbon cable in

give the end plastic bit decent push with the plastic tool like he does in the video but it actually only goes in a couple of mm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I actually have a banjaxed right Joycon somewhere, might just swap the stick assemblies around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Could somebody tell me what exactly these are?
    Are they like cheat cards/carts from the old systems, or are they sort of Amiibo but game specific? (I'm not entirely sure what amiibos are either). Or are they amiibo addons?
    I thought one amiibo was the same price as the whole pack of these, so I am lost..
    https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Breath-Awakening-Rewards-Cards/dp/B07V682FDB
    I saw other ones for animal crossing and super smash bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks like cloned NFC chips. The same ones from Amiibos just placed inside something much smaller.

Looks like cloned NFC chips. The same ones from Amiibos just placed inside something much smaller.

Yeah that's what they are, I got a super smash Bros set that are plastic (coin sized) from Aliexpress. Work fine, switch just reads them like it would an amiibo. Ten euro for 20. Nothing fancy but they did the job. They sell the card ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Suckit wrote: »
    Could somebody tell me what exactly these are?
    Are they like cheat cards/carts from the old systems, or are they sort of Amiibo but game specific? (I'm not entirely sure what amiibos are either). Or are they amiibo addons?
    I thought one amiibo was the same price as the whole pack of these, so I am lost..
    https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Breath-Awakening-Rewards-Cards/dp/B07V682FDB
    I saw other ones for animal crossing and super smash bros.

I bought a fancy leather-like Zelda wallet on ebay before. It came with all the zelda amiibo in card form. Was all very professional looking. At the time it was hard to get zelda amiibo without giving in to scalpers so I picked that up instead. Worked a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

So this is a weird one.

Day before yesterday the missus was using my pro controller all day to play animal crossing. Yesterday she said she turned it on and the left stick wasn't returning to neutral, it had lost all its springiness and just stayed in whatever position you put it in.
    This morning I get up and its lying in the exact same position I left it in yesterday and it's back to normal:eek:
    I think the ghost of switchmas is in my house and he's not happy I'm playing my ps5 on my new 4k 65".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thinly veiled PS5 brag :p

Go into settings and calibrate the pro controller I get a weird situation with my two switch consoles one has a guardrail calibration issue from time to time both consoles get drifting issues too it takes a calibration reset to fix them if the pad is actually going limp it sounds like the issue the N64 stick had it could be over usage or just plain acting up check youtube for any videos relating to the issue and any troubleshooting the video shows might be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Thinly veiled PS5 brag :p

Go into settings and calibrate the pro controller I get a weird situation with my two switch consoles one has a guardrail calibration issue from time to time both consoles get drifting issues too it takes a calibration reset to fix them if the pad is actually going limp it sounds like the issue the N64 stick had it could be over usage or just plain acting up check youtube for any videos relating to the issue and any troubleshooting the video shows might be worth a try
    i still prefer the switch to ps5 I was more bragging about me new telly:pac:
    Any search I did for this issue ended up showing drift issues. This was totally different. It was like the spring inside snapped or something. But just crazy that it broke by itself and then fixed itself the next day just sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So my Super Mario Game and Watch that was not charging came back from Nintendo repair yesterday after about 7 weeks since I sent it.
    It's completely dead out of the box.

I assume they never checked to see what the issue was and assumed it was fine as it played fine but never checked the charging.
    So I'm guessing that they never repaired the charging and it's since run our of battery and hence it's totally dead now.

I came back via courier in a small cardboard box about 4 times the size of the game and watch - it was wrapped in very think bubble wrap and apart from that it was sliding freely around the box. Nothing else, not even a repair slip or anything. I was fuming...

I'll have to ring them tomorrow, as t I tried yesterday and it's Monday to Friday telephone support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Has anyone played Not Tonight? Playing Ni No Kuni at the moment and wouldn't mind alternating between that and a shorter game.

Bought it ages ago when it was going cheap and wouldn't what people think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Has anyone played Not Tonight? Playing Ni No Kuni at the moment and wouldn't mind alternating between that and a shorter game.

Bought it ages ago when it was going cheap and wouldn't what people think of it.

Bought it on sale and I enjoyed it but it is very repetitive. Not a bad one to play between games though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Ordered Majora's Mask 3DS from Amazon UK 41 stg total. Ouch. Arriving 6th March! :) But better than never. This never seems to get any cheaper. There is a US selects version which is a lot cheaper but ... region locking! Also threw in Wario Ware Gold for a tenner and a 2DS XL grip for 8 quid.

Also, 2nd hand New Super Mario Bros DS from Amazon Germany for about 21 euro total. Another game that keeps a high price tag. But I love all the mainline Mario games, and I don't have this. And this seems a decent price. Hope it's in good condition. Supposed to be...

Think that's 3DS done for me. Small collection of Mario's and Zelda's! Not really into RPGs, so I'm missing a lot of 3DS gems. The other games I'd be interested in I have on other Nintendo platforms. Might see what DS games are worth seeking out.

It's a lovely device and the dual screen is brilliant for maps and inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Legend of Zelda's 35th anniversary is next Sunday. I expect a Mini Direct next week, by Friday to announce at least 2 collections to celebrate this. SM3DW + Bowser's Fury is out the door, clearing the runway for this announcement. They may have a special Switch bundle as well. I think there could be separate collections for the handheld games and the console games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

sligeach wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda's 35th anniversary is next Sunday. I expect a Mini Direct next week, by Friday to announce at least 2 collections to celebrate this. SM3DW + Bowser's Fury is out the door, clearing the runway for this announcement. They may have a special Switch bundle as well. I think there could be separate collections for the handheld games and the console games.

Hopefully some announcement, soon! I might cancel that MM order if it's popping up on Switch in some bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Hopefully some announcement, soon! I might cancel that MM order if it's popping up on Switch in some bundle.

I went back to the WiiU and downloaded Majora’s Mask.... it’s so ganky with the gamepad it’s just unplayable

Ocarina of Time + Majora’s Mask (with Impa’s Fury bonus game) would be sweet :)

Advertisement