Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got Age of Calamity and PS4 games
    Came with extra stuff like notebook, poster and cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Has anyone a guide on how to gameshare with my sons Switch? Is there any issues doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got a nice haul this year

Alliance Alive HD
    Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon
    Hyrule Warriors Calamity
    Kingdom Hearts Melody
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    PGA 2k21

Haven't tried any yet as I've been asleep all day

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭plibige

I got paper mario and intend to download a couple. But haven't had a chance yet to play it, and I might be too tipsy to start playing tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Longing

I had a Nintendo Switch on release but sold it. Regretted it ever since. Yesterday got Animal Crossing edition switch with Super Smash Bros. Games for this device are real quality from Nintendo, fun to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I finished Bit Trip Runner 2 and 3 this year and thought I might be able to go back and conquer the original. I downloaded it as soon as it became available on the eShop Xmas day and I can confirm that this theory has not survived even a little bit of contact with reality. Granted, the game comes with a warning screen stating "this is hard...this is very hard" so it's not like it's going to catch anyone by surprise.

NIS America big sale on the eshop I'm buying Caligula Effect for €20 looks freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

NIS America big sale on the eshop I'm buying Caligula Effect for €20 looks freaky.

Picked up Labyrinth Of Refrain, only played an hour or so but like it so far. Etrian Odyssey style of dungeon crawler with a Disgaea twist

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Meursault

Hi All,

Hope Christmas went well and Santa was extra generous this year.

Quick (I'm hoping) Nintendo Switch related question. Our young fella has a switch and all of his games (Fortnite, Minecraft etc) are downloaded on this. He asked for a laptop for Christmas. we downloaded Fortnite but there is an issue with loading and playing it. It appears to stall at the loading stage. we haven't managed to get it working yet. His Epic Games account is under my name. Is there any reason why this is happening? How do we fix this?

I assume it is because we are using the same account as the Nintendo account (that is email, user name, etc)??

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Meursault wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hope Christmas went well and Santa was extra generous this year.

Quick (I'm hoping) Nintendo Switch related question. Our young fella has a switch and all of his games (Fortnite, Minecraft etc) are downloaded on this. He asked for a laptop for Christmas. we downloaded Fortnite but there is an issue with loading and playing it. It appears to stall at the loading stage. we haven't managed to get it working yet. His Epic Games account is under my name. Is there any reason why this is happening? How do we fix this?

I assume it is because we are using the same account as the Nintendo account (that is email, user name, etc)??

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks,

Tony

maybe the laptop spec isn't good enough for gaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sweetie wrote: »
    maybe the laptop spec isn't good enough for gaming
    Most likely what sweetie said. You could ask here about the spec, and possibly get recommendations going forward
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=529
    On the off chance that it could be software issues, but is very unlikely to be caused from using the same account.

EDIT

You might also find some information in this thread as it grows - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058144165

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up Bit.Trip.Runner as soon as I remembered it this evening!
    And at about €4.50 it was well worth it
    To add to the joy joy feelings, the rest of the series was discounted further, after the initial purchase and was 60% off each time, so I got them all, only Bit.Trip.Core seems a bit naff, the rest are cool, as are the soundtracks.
    Pity there's no physical edition though, if they do release it I'll double dip for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Did my first ever T-Spin in a Tetris game last night, in Puyo Puyo Tetris. Sorry I just had to tell someone, I've never been able to figure out/cop on what it was until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Did my first ever T-Spin in a Tetris game last night, in Puyo Puyo Tetris. Sorry I just had to tell someone, I've never been able to figure out/cop on what it was until now!

I did it once by mistake. Does that count??
    Well done.

skerry wrote: »
    Picked up Labyrinth Of Refrain, only played an hour or so but like it so far. Etrian Odyssey style of dungeon crawler with a Disgaea twist

Bought the car from CeX about two months ago for some weird games that day Neo Atlas for €18 and Labyrinth of Refrain for €28 and some really cool looking one call Dusk Diver think that was €25 and The Princess Guide for €18 I have too many switch games

Bought the car from CeX about two months ago for some weird games that day Neo Atlas for €18 and Labyrinth of Refrain for €28 and some really cool looking one call Dusk Diver think that was €25 and The Princess Guide for €18 I have too many switch games

I'm finding the Switch to be like the PS2 in that you don't really collect as much as you just accumulate.

More like the vita or PSP go you buy crap indie stuff cause it's cheap and cheerful but if you want the niche titles they'll cost a bomb, really hoping there is a huge eshop sale tomorrow as I have €100 worth of credit I got for crimbo

I'm kinda hoping there isn't. I've built up a backlog again from the most recent eShop sale and don't need the divil to be tempting me anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

See a ton of Switch consoles for sale in Smyths etc.
    Totally the opposite to what happened during the year.
    I expect Nintendo still sold a ton this Christmas.
    Without ANY price reductions on hardware or software.
    Also, a lot of FOMO demand switched (!) to the new ms and sony consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Animal Crossing won the EDGE magazine zeitgeist award

Now I can never ever play it again, damn hipster words and phrases ruining everything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Animal Crossing won the EDGE magazine zeitgeist award

Now I can never ever play it again, damn hipster words and phrases ruining everything.

Go on, I just bought that issues and the awards seem quite apt
    But then, I like the purdy words meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Longing wrote: »
    I had a Nintendo Switch on release but sold it. Regretted it ever since. Yesterday got Animal Crossing edition switch with Super Smash Bros. Games for this device are real quality from Nintendo, fun to play.

I’m similar in that I sold my launch switch after a year thinking I’d use my ps4 more. I didn’t and wish I’d kept the switch instead.

Now in two minds whether to go back for a current switch or wait for the rumored 4K model that may or may not come this year. Don’t like buying consoles in mid gen as you don’t get the same out of them but I’m guessing a 4K switch will be worth it as it’ll be a big upgrade.

Anyone think there’s a chance that it’ll come out this year? If not, is it still a good time to go back to switch if there’s a chance of a better version coming soon? I’m not in a panic so can wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

As a parent of 2 young kids I love my Switch, easiest way to keep my favourite hobby going.

Have a PS4 and Xbox One as well that were bought pre children but I find it harder to play them now. Can have the Switch and earphones next to the bed if I wake up early in the morning.

Playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm hankering for space adventures of the Elite, X series and so on variety; coming up short searching - does the genre even exist on Switch? I see Everspace is there but not sure that it's very open-world either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I’m similar in that I sold my launch switch after a year thinking I’d use my ps4 more. I didn’t and wish I’d kept the switch instead.

Now in two minds whether to go back for a current switch or wait for the rumored 4K model that may or may not come this year. Don’t like buying consoles in mid gen as you don’t get the same out of them but I’m guessing a 4K switch will be worth it as it’ll be a big upgrade.

Anyone think there’s a chance that it’ll come out this year? If not, is it still a good time to go back to switch if there’s a chance of a better version coming soon? I’m not in a panic so can wait.

Personally I don't think they'll release a Pro console this year. The current model is selling crazy numbers, they're just about keeping that in stock as it is. The next gen playstation and Xbox will probably struggle with stock for another 6 months or so. Nintendo will take advantage of that. I think 2022 we might see one released, but possibly towards the end of year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm hankering for space adventures of the Elite, X series and so on variety; coming up short searching - does the genre even exist on Switch? I see Everspace is there but not sure that it's very open-world either?

I had a nosey and there isn't much. The closest I can see is something called Morphite, which I haven't played - but it has a demo and is down to €2.54 for 6 more days if you do like the demo...

Edit: just installed the demo and played a bit of it. It's a bit like an indie lowish-poly Metroid Prime, so exploration and a bit of combat. Has some potential, but definitely one to try first and probably buy on sale if you do want to take a punt on it.

Another couple that I have played and might be close to what you want are Subdivision Infinity DX (space combat, mission-oriented rather than open world) and Starlink (mix of space & planet-surface combat, exploration and resource gathering, very Ubisofty). I got Subdivision on sale at 50% last year and it's worth that to me, but check some gameplay footage first. Starlink is very Ubisofty but the addition of Fox & co makes it fun as stand-in Starwing game on Switch. Do note that it's lumbered with toys-to-life in its design, which effectively means buying extra ships to have extra lives. Additional weapons also have to be bought if you want them, but you don't need them (I finished the game with only what's included in the physical Starter Pack). Best bet is to find a cheap copy of the physical starter pack, or wait for the digital edition to go on sale: ~€15 for physical or ~€20ish for digital is feasible, but I wouldn't pay much more than that unless you're very sure you'll enjoy it...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Fysh wrote: »
    I had a nosey and there isn't much. The closest I can see is something called Morphite, which I haven't played - but it has a demo and is down to €2.54 for 6 more days if you do like the demo...

Not so.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/rebel-galaxy-outlaw

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I haven't as I'm not really into that type of game.

But I had seen it around release time and it's a well-reviewed, open-world space sim - very much along the lines of what the OP was looking for I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thought I'd already posted a thanks, but mustn't have submitted: thanks to both you guys Fysh / glasso. Funny though, as it happens Rebel Galaxy was exactly the kind of game I was thinking of originally, but wasn't aware it was getting a Switch release. So happy days! Is passing strange that genre isn't well serves on the Switch though it's fairly niche even on PC anyway so perhaps not that odd all the same...

Advertisement