Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha. So I'm looking at my wishlist, and there in the middle is "this content is no longer available", and I have no idea what game that was - but I WANT to know lol :D Never occured games would be removed from the store in the first place, but yeah why wouldn't they I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Nintendo shadow droped BOTW2 then took it off again for the clicks !

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Funny thought Mario is Missing banner sale on Thursday April 1st seeing as Mario won't be around after the March 31st purge. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

None, which is even curiouser. Now I'm really confused lol. Maybe the game's URL or name changed and never got a redirect on the old game ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo to Use New Nvidia Graphics Chip in 2021 Switch Upgrade

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/nintendo-to-use-new-nvidia-graphics-chip-in-2021-switch-upgrade

I think we're past these being rumours anymore.

Interesting news, and while my first instinct was to consider a trade in I'm not sure what I'd want to play that might benefit. Would give me some pause. Wonder if Nintendo might ringfence future titles for this version of Switch like BOTW2 or what their roadmap looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, I'm definitely trading up, if only for the bigger screen. I play in handheld pretty much exclusively so it would be handy.

Yep, there will be a Gamecube/Wii, WiiU/Switch moment all over again for Zelda.

Here's our new BOTW, 50 quid or 450 quid with a new Switch !

DLSS was a no-brainer since the AI-upscaled resolution advances that became apparent in DLSS version 2.0 and signalled from a long way out

Just wonder if it will be a custom chip for the new switch from Nvidia

If it's not a custom cpu then the NX version of the Tegra Xavier would be the most likely candidate

has 384 cuda cores vs 256 on the X1 (current switch), twice the memory bandwidth of the X1 with 51 Gb/s and uses up to 8gb ram (new switch will have 8gb ram for sure)

as a rough estimate you could guesstimate that (before DLSS factors) it's 50% to 70% more powerful depending on how the clock speed limits are set-up on the production hardware

but DLSS-capable developed software provided through the tensor cores means that you could process at 540p and output at 1080p (or 360p to 720p for portable if DLSS will be possible on portable mode) so a big saving on the processing power

but the games that are already out unless redone to include DLSS will not have this capability

• Advertisement

This shows the power of DLSS

You could say that it's free performance uplift

(switch 2/ pro won't have ray-tracing so don't focus on that but you can see the uplift if FPS for the same resolution with DLSS being used or not used)

glasso wrote: »
    DLSS was a no-brainer since the AI-upscaled resolution advances that became apparent in DLSS version 2.0 and signalled from a long way out

Just wonder if it will be a custom chip for the new switch from Nvidia

If it's not a custom cpu then the NX version of the Tegra Xavier would be the most likely candidate

has 384 cuda cores vs 256 on the X1 (current switch), twice the memory bandwidth of the X1 with 51 Gb/s and uses up to 8gb ram (new switch will have 8gb ram for sure)

as a rough estimate you could guesstimate that (before DLSS factors) it's 50% to 70% more powerful depending on how the clock speed limits are set-up on the production hardware

but DLSS-capable developed software provided through the tensor cores means that you could process at 540p and output at 1080p (or 360p to 720p for portable if DLSS will be possible on portable mode) so a big saving on the processing power

but the games that are already out unless redone to include DLSS will not have this capability

That sounds like XBOX talk!
    Will it run BOTW2 ?!!! :)

(sorry, just joking, great analysis)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Fairly sure I'll be selling my old Switch to my brother so his kid can get a "new" Switch for christmas. That should offset some of my cost nicely. Thankfully I kept all the packaging in perfect condition. Don't think I'll be the only one doing something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Odds on gamestop doing a 1 for 1 swap like last time... That'd be nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YoshiReturns

Back after a short burnout. Currently recovering from an operation and trying to take my mind off ****.

Blasted through Super Mario 3D World on Switch and just as good or even better the second time. Last time on Wii U. Few more stamps to get. What a perfectly tuned, beautiful video game. Will have to redo Galaxy to see which is the best of the best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Back after a short burnout. Currently recovering from an operation and trying to take my mind off ****.

Blasted through Super Mario 3D World on Switch and just as good or even better the second time. Last time on Wii U. Few more stamps to get. What a perfectly tuned, beautiful video game. Will have to redo Galaxy to see which is the best of the best for me.

Why did youake a new account? You could have changed your name on the old one!!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why did youake a new account? You could have changed your name on the old one!!

I closed my old account out of frustration. Going around in circles and spending too much time ruminating and being negative. Thought I'd cut loose for a good while. But, there are sod all other outlets at the moment. So, back on for now. I've cut out other social media etc. So, boards is it for me. And mostly just Nintendo. My happy place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

If a switch loses its internet connection and then the internet comes back, will it auto resume the download ?

I'm asking as I'm with Imagine and you get "deprioritised" (throttled) at over 20GB per day, but anything downloaded between 1am and 7am does not count towards this.
    I'm thinking of putting a timer plug on my router so I can switch it off going to bed, but have it power on at 1am and off at 7am - that way, in theory, I could schedule downloads.....

Any other ways of doing it would also be great as I'd like to get the Borderlands collection while it's on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

deadl0ck wrote: »
    If a switch loses its internet connection and then the internet comes back, will it auto resume the download ?

I'm asking as I'm with Imagine and you get "deprioritised" (throttled) at over 20GB per day, but anything downloaded between 1am and 7am does not count towards this.
    I'm thinking of putting a timer plug on my router so I can switch it off going to bed, but have it power on at 1am and off at 7am - that way, in theory, I could schedule downloads.....

Any other ways of doing it would also be great as I'd like to get the Borderlands collection while it's on sale
    On many routers you can set a time that the switch (or other device) is allowed access the internet, same as the plug but without needing to buy one.

This is an example of it, I didn't read the article but it should give the jist and may be applicable to your router.

https://www.ianswerguy.com/limit-internet-access-using-router-settings/

Suckit wrote: »
    On many routers you can set a time that the switch (or other device) is allowed access the internet, same as the plug but without needing to buy one.

This is an example of it, I didn't read the article but it should give the jist and may be applicable to your router.

https://www.ianswerguy.com/limit-internet-access-using-router-settings/

Ohhh...interesting - didn't think of that !! Thanks !

• Advertisement

It worked !!!

I set my Switch WiFi and Ethernet to only work between 1am and 6am and I bought the Handsome Collection yesterday.

Here's my usage info this morning (I have a Gargoyle router that I plug my Immagine router into so I have full control of everything)

Usage2.jpg
    usage1.jpg

Super Mario 64 got a PC port last year – a very unofficial one, of course – that brought the Nintendo 64 classic natively to home computers, with no emulation required. That opens the door for all kinds of robust mods, including the recently-released Super Mario 64 Plus, which adds a ream of features, ranging from improved controls to, er, permadeath.

Super Mario 64 Plus, created by Mors, basically adds a massive options menu to the game’s PC port with a giant pile of quality-of-life options. Some of them – like higher resolutions, widescreen support, and 60fps frame rates – have made it into previous versions of the port, but others are brand new, and include some wild stuff.

You can get analog camera controls, and additional moves, from the modern-style wall slide to the dive hop from Mario Sunshine. You can play levels continuously, without having to drop back to the hub world every time you collect a star. You can even turn on permadeath mode for the most white-knuckle of Mario challenges.

The mod is available over at Mario Fan Games Galaxy. Naturally, you will need to provide your own SM64 ROM to get it running, because hey, copyright infringement, Nintendo lawyers, et cetera.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/emulation/super-mario-64-plus-pc

glasso wrote: »

That recent 64 version on the Switch should have at least had 16x9 aspect ratio and 60fps. The game deserved it and more. And an original mode for purists.

That recent 64 version on the Switch should have at least had 16x9 aspect ratio and 60fps. The game deserved it and more. And an original mode for purists.

I'm not going to disagree with that :pac:

I think that Mario Golf game is going to be a little bit popular in Japan this year ...

RTE news : Hideki Matsuyama holds nerve to win historic Masters

http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2021/0412/1209198-hideki-matsuyama-holds-nerve-to-win-historic-masters/

Purple GBA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I like the Mario Kart one, but unfortunately I don't know anyone named Charlie..

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Really looking forward to tomorrow's eshop update SaGa Frontier Remastered is out for €24.99 with a very reasonable 3.4GB file size a very enjoyable PS1 era rpg that I'm very much hoping to lose myself in over the weekend

Advertisement