Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

There would be a huge deterrent if the car was taken from uninsured drivers and crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

K.Flyer wrote: »
    There would be a huge deterrent if the car was taken from uninsured drivers and crushed.

How they buy a sh1tbox or find one drive then taken then Ger another.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

How they buy a sh1tbox or find one drive then taken then Ger another.

And when they are caught again, crush that one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mr Snow wrote: »

Im sure i saw one like this posted before in the old thread, must have been caught again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

My 19 year old son was pulled over for driving "too slow" in Naas tonight. He was doing under 50 in a 50 zone. He had 4 mates in the car with him. They don't post that on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

My 19 year old son was pulled over for driving "too slow" in Naas tonight. He was doing under 50 in a 50 zone. He had 4 mates in the car with him. They don't post that on twitter.

They don't do it enough. Loads of areas in Europe with minimum speed limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

He had 4 mates in the car with him.

Your son or the Garda?

Danbo! wrote: »
    Your son or the Garda?

Haha, my son. He was doing over 40kph at the time. It was just an excuse to pull over 5 young lads in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Haha, my son. He was doing over 40kph at the time. It was just an excuse to pull over 5 young lads in a car.

This happened me many moons ago in town after a night out. 5 of us in the car, I was driving but don't drink. It was just an excuse to have a chat and see what we were at, under the guise of 'You broke a red light' even though the DVR was clear as day I hadn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It probably was in fairness i just wish they would pull the occasional old dear over driving down the main street of a large town at 20kph at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

That happened to me many moons ago in a very standard E39. Was on the Tallaght bypass with 2 passengers going between 60 and 80kmh, pulled over for going to slow, asked who we were. Got some shock when they realized we were all students with degrees and not yobs out on a joyride :P

Told them I was saving petrol, which I was, which got quite a laugh from all of us involved! Gardai drove off laughing, can't blame them :D

Good thing the brakes didn't fail again when they pulled me up first though... Think I had got all the water out of the servo at the side of the road the first time it happened in the mountains though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ah the N18, where else in the country can you travel for 15 minutes and come across as many possible locations for speed checks?

3+ locations around the tunnel, either side of the road just before the flyover to cratloe, just after the cratloe flyover, at the slipway from the underpass on both sides, the last turn off before bunratty, on the bunratty flyover, just after the flyover and on both sides, then further up the road about 2 more spots before you reach the turns for shannon

No axe to grind at all, I've never been caught speeding but its just an observation that they have a real gra for checking speed along here.

astradave wrote: »
    Im sure i saw one like this posted before in the old thread, must have been caught again.

dont know to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

astradave wrote: »

I'm not the only one getting that feeling of DeJa Vu so :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I'm sure there'll be the usual defenders - "tax is too expensive...... sure he probably couldn't afford it...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭ongarite

blackwhite wrote: »
    I'm sure there'll be the usual defenders - "tax is too expensive...... sure he probably couldn't afford it...."

If you can afford a Bentley Continental GT, paying the annual road tax is small change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭blackwhite

ongarite wrote: »
    If you can afford a Bentley Continental GT, paying the annual road tax is small change.

That's the point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Saw some madness on Friday evening - Marked car parked on a hard shoulder with speed gun on M6 near Athenry.

Guard steps out onto motorway to point at a speeder (not me, I'm way back) - speeder slams on brakes, car behind swerves and nearly takes out 2 more cars.

Don't know how it wasn't a massive crash, even the Guard had his hands on his head.

Surely it can't be safe for the Guard to be doing that from the hard-shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Saw some madness on Friday evening - Marked car parked on a hard shoulder with speed gun on M6 near Athenry.

Guard steps out onto motorway to point at a speeder (not me, I'm way back) - speeder slams on brakes, car behind swerves and nearly takes out 2 more cars.

Don't know how it wasn't a massive crash, even the Guard had his hands on his head.

Surely it can't be safe for the Guard to be doing that from the hard-shoulder?

Something similar was happening on the N25 Midleton to Dunkettle Roundabout section some years ago. Gardai on central reservation with speed gun stopping cars on overtaking lane. Thankfully even though there were some very near misses there was never an actual rta. Sense has prevailed over numbers required and the practice has discontinued of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Hope he was done for dangerous driving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

RayCun wrote: »
    Hope he was done for dangerous driving

And the Garda for reckless endangerment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

blackwhite wrote: »
    That's the point

WE need more suitable penalties; park in a disabled bay = forfeiture of car for 4 weeks plus pay towing and storage fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Marcusm wrote: »
    WE need more suitable penalties; park in a disabled bay = forfeiture of car for 4 weeks plus pay towing and storage fees.
    Or simply... park in a disabled bay and be made disabled.
    That'd learn 'em :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement