Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Just outside the back of the Dail, possibly the single worst place in the country you could risk driving with your mobile in your hand, always Gardaí in the area...

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/882213564194402305
    I guess Spider Man couldn't stop himself reporting the driver. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Patser

How can a car of that level not have hands free? Who spends all that money on a 6 series and says no to Bluetooth option....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Patser wrote: »
    How can a car of that level not have hands free? Who spends all that money on a 6 series and says no to Bluetooth option....

The entry level i30 has it so you know these guys have it. Have done for years that's what baffles me. Even more reason to give a stiffer penalty, having it and not using it is a joke.

If I wasn't connected to Bluetooth I'd ignore the call, if it was important they'd call back. Worst case scenario throw it on speakerphone and put it in the cupholder...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Patser wrote: »
    The amount of people I've seen driving top of the range BMW & Mercedes cars with phones in their hands is through the roof - amazes me every time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Damien360

D'Agger wrote: »
    The amount of people I've seen driving top of the range BMW & Mercedes cars with phones in their hands is through the roof - amazes me every time

Every single day I see this, but it is not just high end motors. Lack of real enforcement. Fines equal to value of a really good Bluetooth kit would do better. Let's say €300 a pop.

Trucks had Bluetooth and a place to put the SIM card into dash long before any cars got them as standard. And every day I see large artics with the driver on his phone going around a junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    didn't know about the ice cream

i could tell you a few stories that you wouldnt believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pure selfish behaviour on the road, at least they only harmed themselves and their car. I think the sooner there's a public record of drink and drug convictions released in the same way as Revenue defaulters the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Pure selfish behaviour on the road, at least they only harmed themselves and their car. I think the sooner there's a public record of drink and drug convictions released in the same way as Revenue defaulters the better.

Would be Medal of Honour to alot of them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Something I've not seen before on their Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/882686427032694785

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

GBX wrote: »

Finally! I see dozens do this every morning.

GBX wrote: »

About time. Cars exit the northbound m50, then as they get to the end of the slip, they force their way back in to traffic causing chaos.

In the mornings, southbound red Cow, cars cross the hatchings early and block the lane, which is admittedly very poorly placed for exit at next junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Another spot I find terrible is after cherrywood and before bray...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

D'Agger wrote: »

+1 , almost every time I see somebody with the phone up to their ear, its in a car that I know has bluetooth.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Re: bluetooth in cars.
    Just because they know how to buy top of the line cars and phones, doesnt mean they have a ****ing clue how to use either or both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Another spot I find terrible is after cherrywood and before bray...

10 mins with a video camera on the pedestrian overpass at the merge would net you serious fine revenue.

Also, have you noticed the new thing now of entering the Dundrum on ramp and Cherrywood on ramp to skip traffic? Using it as a third lane?

ironclaw wrote: »
    10 mins with a video camera on the pedestrian overpass at the merge would net you serious fine revenue.

Also, have you noticed the new thing now of entering the Dundrum on ramp and Cherrywood on ramp to skip traffic? Using it as a third lane?

Same at Tallaght. Dundrum would be an odd one as it crawls nearly all of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

+1 , almost every time I see somebody with the phone up to their ear, its in a car that I know has bluetooth.

Can't use bluetooth to mindlessly scroll through Facebook though. I see a lot more faces buried in phones than phones up to the ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Danbo! wrote: »
    Can't use bluetooth to mindlessly scroll through Facebook though. I see a lot more faces buried in phones than phones up to the ear.

All in time, Rome wasn't built in a day :pac:

• Advertisement

If you want to attract attention and get caught for not being compliant on the road using your mobile phone is always a great idea. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/882952857829482497

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Mr Snow wrote: »

Any court fines are unlikely to out do the savings made in the time since all 3 of the above expired.

It paid off sadly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Mr Snow wrote: »

Is that a butter knife on the dash? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

DaveyDave wrote: »

I'd say it's sharper than the cars owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

DaveyDave wrote: »

That's just there in case the "you're looking well Garda" sign fails to work. So he can literally butter them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

tossy wrote: »
    I'd say it's sharper than the cars owner.

Maybe not that sharp, but even after court comes and goes, they'll most likely still have had a cheaper 3 years motoring than you or I!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

KC161 wrote: »
    Any court fines are unlikely to out do the savings made in the time since all 3 of the above expired.

It paid off sadly :mad:

Courts will usually disqualify for two years for first time no insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

McCrack wrote: »
    Courts will usually disqualify for two years for first time no insurance

They just get even more disqualified the next time..... it's not a real deterrent to those who dont care, if yer in for a penny you're in for a pound!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement