Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Options
1246247248249250252»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

161 km/h!!!! what was he driving a porsche??.......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

tossy wrote: »

160km/h isn't all that fast for a modern car, it's pretty dangerous to do on a 100km/h road with traffic that isn't expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭sundodger5

tossy wrote: »

You mixing your miles and kilometers up?

liamog wrote: »
    160km/h isn't all that fast for a modern car, it's pretty dangerous to do on a 100km/h road with traffic that isn't expecting it.

It was a Porsche but there were two other tossers in it too that would have got away with it. As you say, it’s within a lot of cars capabilities. One of them was a Golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

It was a Porsche but there were two other tossers in it too that would have got away with it. As you say, it’s within a lot of cars capabilities. One of them was a Golf.

A golf going 160km/h! Holy moly.

EDIT: i knew it was a porsche, i'm just getting in the spirit of those replies on twitter who think 160 km/h is the domain of supercars!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Oh look, they found another E60.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

FB-IMG-1590162435835.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

joujoujou wrote: »

172 kph Jesus it’s like the Wild West on the roads atm, I think we’ve all gave the car a little extra with the roads quieter but some ppl are driving at lunatic speeds, the two over 200kph was absolutely mental, they should be banned for life aswell as this tool hitting 172kph

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Ohio9

172 kph Jesus it’s like the Wild West on the roads atm, I think we’ve all gave the car a little extra with the roads quieter but some ppl are driving at lunatic speeds, the two over 200kph was absolutely mental, they should be banned for life aswell as this tool hitting 172kph

Banned for life for going 172. This is why I genuinely believe some sort of stupidity test should be passed before being allowed to comment online. You are responsible for dropping IQ for everyone else. My vehicle goes that speed in 1st gear. I think you should be banned for life for stupid posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Ohio9 wrote: »
    Banned for life for going 172. This is why I genuinely believe some sort of stupidity test should be passed before being allowed to comment online. You are responsible for dropping IQ for everyone else. My vehicle goes that speed in 1st gear. I think you should be banned for life for stupid posts.

Go on - I'll bite - what vehicle have you the goes 172Kph in first gear? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Probably an electric car.

Some motorbikes wouldn’t be far off that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭wassie

Wow....somebody took their angry pills today...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Go on - I'll bite - what vehicle have you the goes 172Kph in first gear? ;)

one with a broken synchro so its actually in 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I see you anger as fast as the dope on the road doing 172kph, do you realize what damage that does? It’s an outrageous speed to be doing, your vehicle does it in first gear? That still gives you no reason to go 172kph just cause you can. Yea my stupid post trumps someone advocating 172kph in first gear Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My kitchen knife can stab people through the heart, doesn't mean I'll do it though.

I am in agreement that anything above 160kph should be met with a mandatory ban of some description. Even if it was like Australia where a driver can be banned for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

My kitchen knife can stab people through the heart, doesn't mean I'll do it though.

I am in agreement that anything above 160kph should be met with a mandatory ban of some description. Even if it was like Australia where a driver can be banned for a few weeks.

I agree, I know that would encourage many not to stop so it would end up in a chase and more lives lost. I know, I wouldn't stop. If my vehicle can do such speeds in first gear, why the hell would I stop for a pathetic Hyundai i30 which takes 4 minutes to reach 200? I would be gone in a second.

Australia is a ****hole and it should be the last place comparing it anything to. In North Korea there aren't any speeders because they have a possibility of facing an anti aircraft gun so lets do like them.

As the fines are now reasonable such as speeding, there is no point risking anything. Just pay the fine. Once fines go beyond, I can guarantee you that there will be many more chases going on. I don't mind personally because it would give me a chance to open it up and have some fun and pushing it to the limits. That's the time when you feel the most alive.

Everything remotely fun is banned in this country. Fast vehicles are not yet and I genuinely think it is the last remaining thing left to enjoy. Just be a drone and go to work and pay taxes. Do not dare try to enjoy yourself. This is one of the reasons that I love Germany. They trust their own people and it is on the bottom end of the nanny state index meaning that people can make their own decisions. They have strict speed limits in towns but they also use logic on motorways in terms of speed.

It is not based on emotion but on logic and their country is much better for it as they end up savings paddies multiple times. I know who I trust more.

I see you anger as fast as the dope on the road doing 172kph, do you realize what damage that does? It’s an outrageous speed to be doing, your vehicle does it in first gear? That still gives you no reason to go 172kph just cause you can. Yea my stupid post trumps someone advocating 172kph in first gear Wow

And I bet you're ok with directly support the slaughter of animals by your food choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed for review

This will remain closed, new thread created here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058082376

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement