Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Your only posts on GAA are about Dublin.

Stick to the egg passing or have you lost interest in the goys since they became cr@p again :-)

Not at all Bonnie dog

Dublin ppl know well the break up is on the way and is necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Oh sweet Jesus the split is not only not on the way it’s not happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭muddle84

Not at all Bonnie dog

This is just trolling. There is no way splitting Dublin up would be a good thing for anyone, it would doom Dublin GAA. The only people that really think this is a good idea is trolls like yourself and the professional trolls like Spillane and O'Rourke.

Such crap, why are Dublin dominating at the moment? Do you really think this is going to last forever? Why weren't they dominating in the 90's and noughties? Dublin are not the problem, they're the standard bearers and its up to every other county to get up to that standard and knock them off their pedastal. How do people not see that this Dublin team is made up of so many once in a generation players with the greatest Goalie to ever play the game pulling the strings and (probably) the best ever manager too! I'm no Dublin fan but any football fan can surely see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

muddle84 wrote: »
    This is just trolling. There is no way splitting Dublin up would be a good thing for anyone, it would doom Dublin GAA. The only people that really think this is a good idea is trolls like yourself and the professional trolls like Spillane and O'Rourke.

Such crap, why are Dublin dominating at the moment? Do you really think this is going to last forever? Why weren't they dominating in the 90's and noughties? Dublin are not the problem, they're the standard bearers and its up to every other county to get up to that standard and knock them off their pedastal. How do people not see that this Dublin team is made up of so many once in a generation players with the greatest Goalie to ever play the game pulling the strings and (probably) the best ever manager too! I'm no Dublin fan but any football fan can surely see this?

Very simple request

Please examine the resources dublin currently have and compare it to every other county.

Tell us is it is a fair competition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

Can we please get this thread back on track.Any more posts in response to an earlier sanctioned poster will result in issuance of cards.

No accusations of trolling please.

Use the report function.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Patser wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be extra trains laid on for Roscommon match on 3rd, or experience of how/when Iarnroid Eireann announce it?

Last time we went down 3 years ago there was no extra trains put on normally you change at Athlone station.
    The match was also moved due to the pitch condition which the rosco county board seemingly knew about the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Very simple request

Please examine the resources dublin currently have and compare it to every other county.

Tell us is it is a fair competition ?

Simpler question, tell us what the DCB should do about any percieved imbalance in funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,361 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Not at all Bonnie dog

There are numbers of issues to that:

1) Destruction of a brand - therefore leading to the loss of revenue for other counties not just Dublin..
    In essence Dublin are crucial at keeping the GAA afloat revenue wise as they draw in the crowds and the sponsors.
    The Leinster Council would sh*te themselves.

2) No stadium on the south-side - this is a major drawback

3) The development of an infrastructure from scratch of another county board

4) Would the players want to play for what will be seen as a 'second team'

It will not happen for another 30 years I'd say as there is no appetite for it among the Dublin support base or the DCB at the moment

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't know why anyone engages with this kind of stuff to be honest.

Anyway, on to Mayo tomorrow. If we're to have any chance of getting into the final, we'll be needing to win this. A few extra lads back, so it'll be closer to the first team I'd say, but I'd say Horan will be targeting us, there may never be a better time for Mayo to notch their first win over Gavins Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

CatInABox wrote: »

Anyway, on to Mayo tomorrow. If we're to have any chance of getting into the final, we'll be needing to win this. A few extra lads back, so it'll be closer to the first team I'd say, but I'd say Horan will be targeting us, there may never be a better time for Mayo to notch their first win over Gavins Dublin

Anyone back at the back? Small suspended, Philly still injured, are Cluxton and O'Sullivan still on their holidays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

CatInABox wrote: »

They have a lot of old warriors in the team that was announced. It will be interesting to see how they get on. There will be plenty of edge to this game.
    Weather will be perfect for it too. Cant wait for it actually..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm expecting a good game too.

For me this Mayo team has always been Horan's anyway.

I think he'll put down a marker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Stoner wrote: »

I'm right in thinking that there's basically no one new brought through in the last few years? The majority of the team were there when he left, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Gael85

blanch152 wrote: »
    Anyone back at the back? Small suspended, Philly still injured, are Cluxton and O'Sullivan still on their holidays?

David Byrne back playing with Olafs. Hopefully we see him soon and would like to see at full back long term. Pity Sean McMahon from Raheny hasn't been given run yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Gael85 wrote: »
    David Byrne back playing with Olafs. Hopefully we see him soon and would like to see at full back long term. Pity Sean McMahon from Raheny hasn't been given run yet.

100% agree on that one Gael -personally think he's a natural successor to Cian O'Sullivan, big tackler, quick and strong ball carrier and physically mature for a young lad. I wouldn't be convinced about him at this stage as a FB on the edge of the square, he's also not a midfielder - I'd fancy him anywhere along the HB line and think Gavin could do worse than give him a run out in Smalls jersey tomorrow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

CatInABox wrote:
    I'm right in thinking that there's basically no one new brought through in the last few years? The majority of the team were there when he left, right?

I can't tell them apart sorry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stoner wrote: »

Ah here.

Is there not some sort of carta bui you should be given for trotting out THE BIGGEST spring time cliche of the lot - laying down a marker.

Mayo have been trying to lay down this mythical marker in all 13 games they've played against Jim Gavin's Dubs. They have yet to land a killer blow against the Croke Park pigeons, never mind us.

How 'bout we move on to whristy hurlers, or keepers of the flame, or some other such cliche? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah here.

Is there not some sort of carta bui you should be given for trotting out THE BIGGEST spring time cliche of the lot - laying down a marker.

Mayo have been trying to lay down this mythical marker in all 13 games they've played against Jim Gavin's Dubs. They have yet to land a killer blow against the Croke Park pigeons, never mind us.

How 'bout we move on to whristy hurlers, or keepers of the flame, or some other such cliche? ;)

Ah yikes I'm laughing and crying at the contents of that post in equal measure.

The sheer naked brutal truth of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dean Rock making his 80th appearance for Dublin tomorrow between championship/league. In 79 games has scored 12-362(398). Hopefully we see his 400th point tomorrow as well :)

Player County Year Games Goals Points Total

Rock, Dean
    Championship 38 8 173 197
    League 41 4 189 201

79 12 362 398

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah yikes I'm laughing and crying at the contents of that post in equal measure.

The sheer naked brutal truth of it.

Collected tickets today and chap in office on Dorest Street was saying they are expecting over 30,000 tomorrow based on ticket allocations so far. Definitely the biggest draw in Irish sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Dean Rock making his 80th appearance for Dublin tomorrow between championship/league. In 79 games has scored 12-362(398). Hopefully we see his 400th point tomorrow as well :)

Player County Year Games Goals Points Total

Rock, Dean
    Championship 38 8 173 197
    League 41 4 189 201

79 12 362 398

will have played twice as many times for Dublin as his Da!

Had to look at that one twice.

Da had better scoring stats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Byrne named to start tonight at number 2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good to see young Gavin starting again.

Young Gavin says me, Jesus I'm getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

9/1 for a draw looks very interesting for today!!

I don't know what to make of Dublin atm they look very suspect at the back Evan obviously needs the games but he's not confident in the box at all it's been very obvious over last few games.

Teams have gotten at Dublin far to easily been leaking goals as well.

Going forward we haven't been as fluent as usual either Con and Cormac have looked very good though!

Haven't seen much of Mayo so far few highlights here and there but they seem confident and will we looking to get one over on Dublin early in the year.

They need the league alot more then Dublin do can see it being a close game neither team will want to give up anything here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭PressRun

Seems like Gavin is using the league to properly blood the new keeper. Has to happen some time. A new replacement for Cluxton isn't going to magically materialise without game time.

Yes indeedy. Patently obvious that Jim Gavin does not care one single jot about laying down Spring time markers, building momentum etc etc. His eyes are firmly focused on the long term future of the squad & the AI championship. And fair play to him for it & not getting distracted by the shiny trophy on offer in another few weeks time.

Might not be a bad thing at all for to miss the league final. Let the hype train carry Mayo & Kerry giddily on into the summer without us. We have bigger fish to fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

PressRun wrote: »
    Seems like Gavin is using the league to properly blood the new keeper. Has to happen some time. A new replacement for Cluxton isn't going to magically materialise without game time.

If he is he'd need to start all over again and try find another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That's the thing how highly is Comerford rated at his current abilitys?

I've seen him play few times at senior level so obviously can't judge him to much but he just makes me feel uneasy everytime a ball is knocked into his area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,361 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That's the thing how highly is Comerford rated at his current abilitys?

I've seen him play few times at senior level so obviously can't judge him to much but he just makes me feel uneasy everytime a ball is knocked into his area.

In fairness to him I feel that is a more 'but's he's not cluxton' thing.
    I do it myself at times.

When he is spoken of in a Ballymun context the word 'promising' is used a lot.
    I think it is just mindset thing when the fans see him in a Dublin jersey.

To be honest I think it should have been done a few years ago Cluxton does not league games at all he could be coaching the other keepers in the background instead.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement