Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Tyrone didn't manage Dublins purple patch at all and realistically the game was over after Scullys goal. The last 10 minutes reminded me of the AI final in 2013....Dublin handing the initiative to the opposition but always going to win.

No great performances for me. Good all round team display though. Howards fetch at the end above Cavanagh and McCarthy was spectacular. His dancing feet in evading tackles is great to watch too.

The ref was utterly appalling for both sides. His inconsistency in what he allowed in the tackle baffled the **** out of me. One minute he was allowing virtually no contact, the next he was allowing assault to go unpunished. Is he really the best the game can offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,206 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Was up in Dublin for the day today.
    You wouldn't have known there was an All Ireland final on.

Still, 4 in a row is a great achievement.

Can't understand that. Spent an hour from half-one in the O'Connell Street area and the atmosphere was brilliant.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

blanch152 wrote:
    Can't understand that. Spent an hour from half-one in the O'Connell Street area and the atmosphere was brilliant.

I wouldn't worry about those comments blanch, nothing positive in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭doc_17

Well done to Dublin winning the game today in a ground that they have already played in 8/9 times already this year against a team that played there today for the 2nd time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

doc_17 wrote: »
    Well done to Dublin winning the game today in a ground that they have already played in 8/9 times already this year against a team that played there today for the 2nd time this year.

Oh shut up. No-one cares what your think. Typical begrudgery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Big congratulations.fantastic team.simple as that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

doc_17 wrote:

Thanks Doc. It was good to beat you guys too on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Well done to Dublin and I hope ye enjoy the celebrations tonight it’s an extraordinary achievement. There seems to be no stopping this team 5,6,7 in a row would not surprise me such is their determination and consistency.

Regards from the kingdom and see ye in 2019

Stoner wrote: »
    Thanks Doc. It was good to beat you guys too on the way.

Where did that happen? In your home ground. Provincial champions vs provincial champions should have been on a Level paying field and all that. But that’s over the head of those who never have to work or try hard to follow Dublin. Today’s Home victory would have meant more if you had beat us in Clones but you didn’t even want to go
    There

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

It's the special paint used to line out Croker that makes it impossible for any team but Dublin to play well there......................it's a disgrace Joe

• Advertisement

Paulzx wrote: »
    It's the special paint used to line out Croker that makes it impossible for any team but Dublin to play well there......................it's a disgrace Joe

The special dressing room they always get??Every field sport in the world demonstrates that the team that plays in the same ground had an advantage over the team that doesn’t play there as often

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

The special dressing room they always get??Every field sport in the world demonstrates that the team that plays in the same ground had an advantage over the team that doesn’t play there as often

FFS.....it's the showers now!!!!!!!

Where did that happen? In your home ground. Provincial champions vs provincial champions should have been on a Level paying field and all that. But that’s over the head of those who never have to work or try hard to follow Dublin. Today’s Home victory would have meant more if you had beat us in Clones but you didn’t even want to go
    There

Losing to Dublin in Croke Park didn't cost Donegal.

Losing to Tyrone at home in Ballybofey did.

Paulzx wrote: »
    FFS.....it's the showers now!!!!!!!

Jesus. You don’t get it. Does how advantage matter in field sports? Yes or no.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Losing to Dublin in Croke Park didn't cost Donegal.

Losing to Tyrone at home in Ballybofey did.

But they had to play Dublin in Croke Park. Surely you get that? Don’t you think home advantage matters? Dublin played 6/8 games in Croke Park. Donegal played 2/7 in their home ground

Jesus. You don’t get it. Does how advantage matter in field sports? Yes or no.

It made no difference to Donegal. They lost the match that mattered at home.

It made no difference to Donegal. They lost the match that mattered at home.

Played their first match away. Set the tone. Donegal were punished for winning Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

As a neutral fair play to Dublin, thought the ref was poor today, a lot of off the ball by Tyrone went un punished and at the end during the presentation and on the tv it comes across as Jim Gavin has them all believing in the team, the bond, the group and he is so humble and nothing is about him and has to be the best manager since micko.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done lads and as a Corkman while I love see us win Sam(but let's be realistic), I hope ye win 5 in a row next year just to upset ye know who.
    ;);)

Some team, some bond and some belief. The team never panics either. A different animal and breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Played their first match away. Set the tone. Donegal were punished for winning Ulster.

Look a pitch is a pitch and where is the all Ireland played, how many inter county players would give their right arm to play once in Croke Park. Dublin are the best team and hopefully they get the next one to shut Spillane up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,923 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As a neutral fair play to Dublin, thought the ref was poor today, a lot of off the ball by Tyrone went un punished and at the end during the presentation and on the tv it comes across as Jim Gavin has them all believing in the team, the bond, the group and he is so humble and nothing is about him and has to be the best manager since micko.

There was lots of off the ball stuff going on. Both teams were dragging pulling and blocking runs.

Smalls got pinged for it, Philly was at it all day and cost them a penalty. Tyrone did their share too.

It's a tired cliche now whenever Tyrone play that they are the only ones doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

When non Dublin GAA fans have used all of their excuses and have started clutching at straws to denigrate Dublins achievements, you know youre onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Your not in Dublin

Oh dear, wrong thread..sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 66,923 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

When non Dublin GAA fans have used all of their excuses and have started clutching at straws to denigrate Dublins achievements, you know youre onto a winner.

No excuses from me, just commenting on the game I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Is this special dressing room the one with the coke and hookers? Or is it Dressing Room A, the one that is given to teams alphabetically? The same one that Ard Mhaca and Antroim will have first dibs on, if they ever play Ath Cliath in Croke Park? Don't hurt yourself trying to figure that one out now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

It's an absolute pleasure to watch this current Dublin team. Their an exceptional bunch!
    From a non dub by the way.

Gooood Morning Vietnaaaaaaam.

Up and at it troops !

Howz de noggins this morning? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Gooood Morning Vietnaaaaaaam.

Up and at it troops !

Howz de noggins this morning? :D

I take you're just getting home PD? :D

I was shattered, 4 hours on the hill in that heat, had to abandon the car up at washerwoman hill so literally crawled back, 3 pints in the local, Sunday game and bed

The hill was lively yesterday a throwback to the old days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Very poor.
    You think you'd at least get your facts right first.

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I take you're just getting home PD? :D

I was shattered, 4 hours on the hill in that heat, had to abandon the car up at washerwoman hill so literally crawled back, 3 pints in the local, Sunday game and bed

The hill was lively yesterday a throwback to the old days :rolleyes:

Nope. Was on the way to work when I typed that. Fresh as a daisy. In bed just after TSG. Utterly shattered too. Felt like that awning that collapsed under the weight of the water that nearly drowded Jack Flash and nearly kilt poor Mickey Lyster plugged into all his electrics. Some send off on your last day at work after 37 years 'wha? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement