Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I know my lot got an extra 35 tickets on Friday, haven't seen that type of allocation since 2015, I'd assume there's some floating about alright
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks so much for all
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    Croke Park Hotel seems to be epicentre of the ticket bazaar. Seems to be a lot of people heading there for pre-arranged pick ups, swaps.

If that is plan you would need to be there before they start stopping people without tickets going down Jones Road, which I assume is during minors.

Yeah. Been that way for a few years now. Dunno why O'Connell St/The Gresham is still brought up as a place to go to scrounge for tickets. Not only are Kerry not in the final....oh ok so...one more time NOT ONLY ARE KERRY NOT IN THE FINAL :D:D:D ....the Kerry team hasn't stayed there in donkey's years, when they are in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

kala85 wrote: »
    What's it like for tickets. Is there as much demand as last year.

Many floating around in Dublin

Seems handy enough to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Seems handy enough to get them.

Get me one please

catrat12 wrote: »
    Get me one please

:D:D:D Maybe they are hard to get but I have been offered some today & yesterday. Maybe I was just lucky. Keep asking, they will show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Latest intelligence from the front is that access to Jones Road from NCR/Gills is closed other than for Hogan and Premium so if you don't have ticket you would get near the hotel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    I remember the time when everyone knew a poncho - he was generally a fella with a few stone to lose, had a bushy Ronnie and you'd always want him on your side of an argument D

Where have you been all season Berno!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Decided to risk it and go solo with the 95.

Let's do this!

COYBIB!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got a sniff of a ticket last night, it's being picked up in town now. Fecking nerves though, killing me already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Looking at the minor match on the telly it seems like the groundsmen have really gone a bit overboard on the stripey pitch effect

• Advertisement

Belter of a day so far, weather wise. Enjoying a pre match Cornetto in Fairview Park - as you do - and they were half melted by the time we walked across the road from the Spar.

Don't know if I want to see either of the team buses go by. I usually do, but there's just something about all the sirens & flashing blue lights & the looks of steely determination on the lads faces, that sends the stomach into the shoes.

Well, either that, or a guilty conscience. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pitch is rotten looking. Far to vivid on the eye.

Rain expected around 4. That is all. As you were.

Might even welcome a bit of a shower. Might cool things down a bit. A packed Hill can get quare roasting on hot day. Nearly passed out during the 2013 final.

Decided to risk it and go solo with the 95.

Let's do this!

COYBIB!

The sun put paid to that notion. I was scheweating as it's that old style material so it was a different shade of blue going back to Lucan to collect the tickets.

Old reliable 2002 on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Jack McCaffrey has to get man of the match.

Brian Fenton has to get Footballer of the Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Since it would have got missed in the All Ireland thread well done Dublin from a Clare man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Congrats to Dublin on the 4-in-a-row from a Galway man. You are without doubt the best gaelic football team I have ever seen. Athletes all with superb football skills to match. A part of me wishes Mayo had taken an All Ireland off ye but I do hope now that you get the 5-in-a-row to confirm your greatness. After that I hope all your panel get bored winning and hit the snackboxes and pints!

Since it would have got missed in the All Ireland thread well done Dublin from a Clare man

Just in a quick response to ya from the match thread then "yes".

There's plenty of Dubs in here of long standing and it's very unlikely any of them would darken a game again if the county was split.

Same goes for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Fair play Dublin. Sat beside a Dub and an Armagh man. Poor oul dub was having heart failure watching it. The armagh man and myself were having a great laugh.
    Hopefully we'll get back to another final and maybe another Sam in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

September 2028

"Dublin have won their 14th all-Ireland in a row"

:P

• Advertisement

September 2028

"Dublin have won their 14th all-Ireland in a row"

:P

Wrong.

August 2028.

Grand so.

Job done.

Is the O'Byrne Cup draw out yet?

Where are we off to?

Any preferences?

Wexico is always nice in January.

But Longford has that dead handy carpark right next to the ground.

Ho hum.

Chocolate hobnob anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Christ the match thread is locked already. Not too far away from it meself :D. Must be some sort of record that. Anyway onto more important issues. MOTM: Jack. POTY: Fenton. YPOTY:Howard.

More drink :D. COYBIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,923 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Enjoy the celebrations. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Anyone got the exact time the first goal was scored to the second. Like the official time? Checking my golden goal tickets ;)

hunter164 wrote: »
    Jack McCaffrey has to get man of the match.

Brian Fenton has to get Footballer of the Year.

He was very good but also made some mistakes. Kilkenny was very good throughout and always took right option. I'd go for him.

I thought o'callaghan wasn't great but have heard 2 analysts say that he was excellent throughout. I definitely didn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is it same this year with celebrations in Smithfield tommorrw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

He was very good but also made some mistakes. Kilkenny was very good throughout and always took right option. I'd go for him.

I thought o'callaghan wasn't great but have heard 2 analysts say that he was excellent throughout. I definitely didn't see it.

Kilkenny is always superb and is key to everything Dublin do. I don't think people believe the true extent of his importance to that team. He also covers a lot of ground and is bull strong. An incredible player. Dublin would be hugely weakened if he was ever injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭sportsmaddad

I see the official All Ireland Final 2018 thread was shut down very quickly. Someone dared to suggest that Dublin's massive population advantage might be a factor in their dominance of the football scene.

Come on. Of course it's a factor. Dublin has a population more than 6 times the country's average. And more than 10 times half the counties. So for every 1 player battling for a position on their county's team, Dublin has 6+. Don't tell me that doesn't help.

Of course this is nothing new. But what is new is that clubs in Dublin have really got their act together in recent years and far fewer players with potential are slipping through the net. I don't know if the County Board has improved similarly or just got extremely lucky with their last 2 managers who have done a remarkable job in pulling the whole thing together.

Unlike plenty of others who complain about this, I don't believe the answer lies in splitting up Dublin. Rather I think other counties need to come together. Trying to maintain 64 squads of players of near professional standard in a country of our size simply doesn't make sense. Not to mind maintaining the stadium facilities etc needed in 32 venues around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Why lock the match thread,just ban the people who continually post off topic,particularly today's posters about splitting up Dublin GAA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement