Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

BPKS wrote: »
    Having the game at 4 o clock is not helping us travel from Kerry. Assume it’s for tv?

Roads to be frosty too. Checked Eir and it isn't on their schedule. None for TnaG yet but would imagine they'll have Galway/Limerick as main match. Perhaps starting time at 4 is to allow live coverage from Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Sunday, perfect for me :)

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Roads to be frosty too. Checked Eir and it isn't on their schedule. None for TnaG yet but would imagine they'll have Galway/Limerick as main match. Perhaps starting time at 4 is to allow live coverage from Croke Park?

On eirsport.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/eir-sport-to-televise-dublinkerry-clash-on-sunday-36674047.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If you brought tickets before the game was postponed can you re-use them or whats the craic with it?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. Current tickets are good for the rescheduled fixtures.

If you want to get a refund, you can get one wherever you bought the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Brogan hoping to be back in time for August according to Morning Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lustig2014

My Dublin hurling season ticket is going spare for anyone travelling down to Laois on Sunday.

Its also going spare for the all ireland club finals on paddies

Sunday, perfect for me :)

Not for the hurlers though

Dublin v Kerry 16:00 Croke Park

v

Dublin v Laois 14:30 portlaoise

Very little build up to the Kerry game. Bit of a contrast to last year 'innit?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Very little build up to the Kerry game. Bit of a contrast to last year 'innit?

Another example of bad marketing. You would think they'd spend a few bob pushing this game with family concessions etc and make it a 40,000+ attendance.

IRFU would sell tickets for Leinster playing a pit team from south Wales, because they do their promotion properly. Core league attendance for Dublin in CP has increased and is historically probably highest ever, but there there are still a lot of more casual supporters who may not even know there is a match.

• Advertisement

Don't think it's lack of marketing per se. Dublin v Kerry tends to sell itself. Tralee last year, needed or got zero marketing and it was all everyone was talking about the week before. Papers were full it it, all the columnists were getting their spake in, the former players were setting out their stalls etc etc. There seems to be very little of kind of stuff this year. Maybe the KMM's heart just isn't in it, coz they realised that even if they win this game, or go on to repeat as league camp-e-oh-nays, it don't mean jack squat come September.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Last year was all about Dublins unbeaten streak, no? Papers were full of it because everyone thought that Kerry would put an end to it before Dublin past the old Kerry record.

There's nothing like that this year.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the streak.

Love that. I said at the time it wasnt as important to us as it seemed to be for everybody else(well, at least until the last five minutes of the Tralee game:D)
    Now, some of us cant even remember that it happened.

Thats what having the eyes on the big prize brings. Dont worry about the small stuff as its only the trophies that matter.

Yep. I had never even heard of a streak existing in the first place, until the meeja began blathering on about it.

Mind you, I did roar myself hoarse during those last 5 mins in Tralee, more than I ever have for a Leinster champ game. That was some craic alright. But soon forgotten, in the grand scheme of things. A bit like horsing a massive amount of Chinese grub (or sushi) into ya. It's great at the time, but you are starving again an hour later.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Another example of bad marketing. You would think they'd spend a few bob pushing this game with family concessions etc and make it a 40,000+ attendance.

IRFU would sell tickets for Leinster playing a pit team from south Wales, because they do their promotion properly. Core league attendance for Dublin in CP has increased and is historically probably highest ever, but there there are still a lot of more casual supporters who may not even know there is a match.

Yeah that is one of the things the GAA are terrible at.
    They could not be bothered marketing games half the time.

They used to go on about the "Spring Series" and really ramp the hype up.
    I remember when Armagh played Dublin in a league game in croke park (Armagh were in thier pomp)
    Despite hailstones and all sorts there was about 55k /60k at the game.
    Dublin got well beaten I seem to remember.

Now thier marketing department seems to sit on thier @rse most of the time!

A good PR marketing crowd should be able to jazz up the league and even get better crowds in division 4.
    Get a bit of a buzz going.

I think it is an awful shame the league is a sleeping giant.
    Yet they sh*te on about the championship during the summer.
    Even when the draw in made in October with Marty Morrissey saying halfheartedly "Louth v Carlow 1st round of Leinster football championship it is an interesting tie there....."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They used to go on about the "Spring Series" and really ramp the hype up.

Sitting in Croke Park in JANUARY freezing me bollix off listening to some clown on the PA welcoming everyone to the "GAA Spring Series"

That's GAA marketing for ya

Just seen the hurlers line up for Sunday. McCaffrey is starting at lhb:

Nolan, Smyth, O'Carroll, O'Donnell, Barrett, Crummy, McCaffrey; Connolly, McGibb; Burke, Keaney, Suthcliffe, Hayes, Dwyer, Winters.

Laois are 3/1.

End of communication ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

3s seems fair.

Could help my Cheltenham coffers.

Wouldn't bet against them, but whoever decide they are 2/7 favourites has not been paying attention!

Fact is that there is little or nothing to separate Dublin from Laois on league form. Indeed it could be argued that Laois have performed better, as indicated by a 13 point better scoring difference.

If it was in Parnell I would reckon Dublin might shade it by 4/5 points. Being down there, I wouldn't be in the least confident. Hope I am wrong.

• Advertisement

DUBLIN (SF v Kerry)

1. Stephen Cluxton Parnell's
    2. Jonny Cooper Na Fianna
    3. David Byrne Naomh Olaf
    4. Eric Lowndes St Peregrine's
    5. James McCarthy Ballymun Kickhams
    6. Cian O'Sullivan Kilmacud Crokes
    7. John Small Ballymun Kickhams
    8. Brian Fenton Raheny
    9. Michael Darragh Macauley Ballyboden St Enda's
    10. Niall Scully Templeogue Synge Street
    11. Ciarán Kilkenny Castleknock
    12. Brian Howard Raheny
    13. Paddy Andrews St Brigid's
    14. Dean Rock Ballymun Kickhams
    15. Colm Basquel Ballyboden St Enda's

DUBLIN (SH v Laois)

1. Alan Nolan - St Brigid's

2. Paddy Smyth - Clontarf

3. Bill O'Carroll - Kilmacud Crokes

4. Eoghan O'Donnell - Whitehall Colmcille

5. Shane Barrett - Na Fianna

6. Chris Crummey - Lucan Sarsfields

7. John McCaffrey - Lucan Sarsfields

8. Tomás Connolly - St Vincent’s

9. Fiontán McGibb - Setanta

10. Donal Burke - Na Fianna

11. Conal Keaney - Ballyboden St Enda's

12. Danny Sutcliffe - St Jude’s

13. Ronan Hayes - Kilmacud Crokes

14. Ryan O'Dwyer - Kilmacud Crokes

15. Paul Winters - St Brigid's

Have spare Hill ticket - free - if anyone wants it. Can leave it behind bar in Gills. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

can you just go up to the stadium and pay in or is it ticket only ?

You have to buy them at offices/kiosks around the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

A fairly blistering start from the hurdlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Looks like the Kingdom have brought there usual tactics to this game.

Didn't get to see the hurlers today but that's a great win.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

JRant wrote: »
    Looks like the Kingdom have brought there usual tactics to this game.

Didn't get to see the hurlers today but that's a great win.

Lol... yee are well able to give it yourselves. Kerry have blown 2 goals chances and yee were gifted a couple of frees when they should have went the other way.

Dublin’s experience is too much for Kerry though and will pull away to win comfortably in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Lol... yee are well able to give it yourselves. Kerry have blown 2 goals chances and yee were gifted a couple of frees when they should have went the other way.

Dublin’s experience is too much for Kerry though and will pull away to win comfortably in the end

2-13 0-08 @50mins. 2 goal chances missed by Dublin.

Close game though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I've no choice but to listen to the game on Radio Kerry. Jaysus! They're not commentators. They sound like two lads sitting in the stands.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement