Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Looks like the refix will be on Sunday 11th due to rugger and some demo rally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

They are expecting around 100,000 for the anti-abortion rally so traffic and crowding in town will be mad, although depending on weather it might have attracted a bigger crowd to CP from people who were at the march!

Probably the sensible option.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

As an aside, I actually thought that Mayo would try and push for the League this year (and if they're the reason I don't win the pools * shakes fist *) to build on last year's championship as has been said above, winning begets winning.

May 13th vs Galway was always going to be the priority. You've only yourself to blame there I'm afraid. Even after getting the first win under our belt in round 1, the general consensus was "nearly half way to safety" for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

PARlance wrote: »
    May 13th vs Galway was always going to be the priority. You've only yourself to blame there I'm afraid. Even after getting the first win under our belt in round 1, the general consensus was "nearly half way to safety" for us.

Me and my stupid optimism for Mayo football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Playing Kerry next Sunday hopefully. Just wondering will Gavin start Connolly or will he stick with the old reliables? I'd really like to see him given a bit more time than 10 minutes in a match which is already over.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine he'll go with a pretty aggressive front 6 at the start, so a start for Mannion and MacMenamin, Has to have Rock and Kilkenny in there and probably Scully and Basquel.

Kerry defence is terrible; seven goals in four games. Dublin will put at least three past them. Maybe bring DC on for the dessert :-)

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I'd imagine he'll go with a pretty aggressive front 6 at the start, so a start for Mannion and MacMenamin, Has to have Rock and Kilkenny in there and probably Scully and Basquel.

Kerry defence is terrible; seven goals in four games. Dublin will put at least three past them. Maybe bring DC on for the dessert :-)

Hard to argue with that forward line and shows how spoilt for choice we are at present. I've been really impressed with Mannion and he seems to be getting better as each game progresses.

I'd just like to see some more of Connolly. Throw him back into the mix now he's been out too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Playing Kerry next Sunday hopefully.
    Whereas I'd rather it on the Saturday or I'll have to get rid of my tickets and miss it for the must win hurling game in Portlaoise.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Whereas I'd rather it on the Saturday or I'll have to get rid of my tickets and miss it for the must win hurling game in Portlaoise.

I think Saturday is ruled out anyway with the abortion rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I think Saturday is ruled out anyway with the abortion rally.

Yeah think between that and Ireland Scotland in the aviva the guards said it wouldn’t suit

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Yeah think between that and Ireland Scotland in the aviva the guards said it wouldn’t suit

Christ. I forgot about the rugby.🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Normally I hope for a competitive entertaining game.
    But in this case I want Kerry to get hammered.
    Five goals, Six goals...
    Keep the foot down on Kerry football, and don't let them up for as long as possible.
    Then the 2009 AI quarter final will finally be wiped from my memory :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Normally I hope for a competitive entertaining game.
    But in this case I want Kerry to get hammered.
    Five goals, Six goals...
    Keep the foot down on Kerry football, and don't let them up for as long as possible.
    Then the 2009 AI quarter final will finally be wiped from my memory :D

No, I actually want to remember that game, and all in Dublin GAA to as well. It should still haunt them years from now, and push them to say "never again."

In all seriousness, that was the moment that Dublin turned around. Next year was Gilroys experimental year, where the standard Dublin rulebook was thrown out, and a winning formula was slowly put in place. Would Dublin have changed as much if we'd have "only" suffered a one or two point loss against Kerry? That's one of those things that will never be able to be answered, but I'd like to believe that something great came out of that hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

So when do we prefer the refixed game will be, personally hope it’s the Saturday night.

Sunday would really dig me out of a serious hole - I've an "attendance mandatory" family gig on Saturday night - should've seen the reaction when I tried to weasel my way out of it :o, coupled with the fact I'll be ferrying a car load of young lads back from football Saturday afternoon - so all told with the time constraints and the fact my name will be on the blacklist, Sunday works great for me ......

It's on Sunday afternoon

It's on Sunday afternoon

There is a god .. and he wears blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

It's vital we get the 2 points against them on Sunday. There unbeaten in two against us. We've too keep our boot on there throat. There starting too wriggle,too much again for my liking. Of course there is also the added bonus,it'd set us on our way too regaining the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

When is the match scheduled for? What time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Doltanian wrote: »
    When is the match scheduled for? What time?

There has been no official announcenment as to the date/time, other than it is on next weekend.

There is speculation that it will be on the Sunday afternoon, as the abortion rally in Dubin city centre and the rugby match, both taking place in Dublin on the Saturday afternoon will stretch Garda resources too far, but that's all it is for now, just speculation. Nothing is confirmed, as of yet.

• Advertisement

When I rang about tickets they told me it was definitely Sunday so I'm assuming they know something we don't, officially at any rate. Probably not be announced until tomorrow night after the Com- a -tee meets.

By the way it's an anti abortion rally PD. Media is running the abortion propaganda one :-)

Tomorrow?

Are ya mad?

This is the GAA we are talking about.

We'll be doing well if we get an annoucement before teatime on Friday. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Dublin GAA just confirmed on social media both games will go ahead on Sunday. The hurlers at 2:30pm and the footballers at 4pm.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/970669771384590336

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/970669193266941952

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mother's Day on Sunday. Could be a lot of disappointed Mammies around when the kids leg it for throw-in and stiff them with the lunch bill

EDIT: Didn't see last post, 4pm is a grand time. Bring the mother out and get to match in good time with the possibility of a pint or two in between.

Goodness, I should tempt fate more often.

There is no way I will ever win the Lotto.

There is no way I will ever win the Lotto

There is no way I will ever win the Lotto.

Kerry and Meath will win loads more All Irelands.

Kerry and Meath will win loads more All Irelands

Kerry and Meath will win loads more All Irelands

Dublin will not do the five in a row. Five times.

Berno is dunzo.

Berno is dunzo.

Berno is dunzo.

Did I forget anything? :D

Is the ladies match refixed for 2.00 pm anyone know ?

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Is the ladies match refixed for 2.00 pm anyone know ?

It is. I wonder will Laois agree to have the hurling as part of a triple header, we can only ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

This is a funny set up I have to say.

They originally sold tickets for a double header. The Ladies Game and then the Mens Game.

Now, its rescheduled, its just the mens game. The Womens game will be some time in April.

Now I know most people are there to see the mens game; but I'm bringing both boys and girls, and the girls are really only interested in the women's game. Which basically scuppers the deal for me; and I have six tickets.

They are not replacing like for like, not happy with that, i think pulling a bit of a fast one.

I thought women's game was on before. Are you certain? Must be something on before if it is starting at 4 0'clock, or is that to facilitate travellers from Kerry, which would be fair enough.

Agree that it is disappointing that women's game is not on if that is the case. Great to watch, and oftentimes way more entertaining than the men's.

NB: Reason it is not on is because this week sees the culmination of the women's equivalent of the Sigerson, and other colleges competitions. Semi finals and finals are on Saturday and Sunday. Tralee IT and DCU involved so that would explain that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I thought women's game was on before. Are you certain? Must be something on before if it is starting at 4 0'clock, or is that to facilitate travellers from Kerry, which would be fair enough.

Agree that it is disappointing that women's game is not on if that is the case. Great to watch, and oftentimes way more entertaining than the men's.

NB: Reason it is not on is because this week sees the culmination of the women's equivalent of the Sigerson, and other colleges competitions. Semi finals and finals are on Saturday and Sunday. Tralee IT and DCU involved so that would explain that.

Having the game at 4 o clock is not helping us travel from Kerry. Assume it’s for tv?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement