Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And for the hurlers:

DUBLIN (SH v Galway)

1 Alan Nolan St Brigid's
    2 Paddy Smyth Clontarf
    3 Bill O'Carroll Kilmacud Crokes
    4 Eoghan O'Donnell Whitehall Colmcille
    5 Shane Barrett Na Fianna
    6 Chris Crummey Lucan Sarsfields
    7 Darren Kelly Craobh Chiaráin
    8 Tomás Connolly St Vincent’s
    9 Fionntán Mac Gib Setanta
    10 Danny Sutcliffe St Jude’s
    11 Conal Keaney Ballyboden St. Enda's
    12 Paul Crummey Lucan Sarsfields
    13 Ronan Hayes Kilmacud Crokes
    14 Ryan O'Dwyer Kilmacud Crokes
    15 Paul Winters St Brigid's

Well that’s another heavy defeat coming our way so.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

On the road now. Just have to pick up a lad in Lucan, he's halfway there as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any issue with leeks in a coddle?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any issue with leeks in a coddle?

Probably need to buy a new pot ;)

JRant wrote: »
    Probably need to buy a new pot ;)

I was expecting that from someone :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

1 down. 1 to go. The girls won by 2 points.

Mayo 0-12
    Dublin 2-8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Good win by the wimmins despite the ref giving them 8 minutes after the clock stopped and a succession of soft frees! Would love to hear the reason she allowed so much time. Only blew it up when Dublin had the ball and were about to go forward.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Good win by the wimmins despite the ref giving them 8 minutes after the clock stopped and a succession of soft frees! Would love to hear the reason she allowed so much time. Only blew it up when Dublin had the ball and were about to go forward.

Get yer tinfoil hat off, you'd think there was some anti-dub conspiracy going on!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Get yer tinfoil hat off, you'd think there was some anti-dub conspiracy going on!

;)

:)

I've never seen that before I have to say. Dub player went down at very death - time was actually up - but was up again in less than 30 seconds but your one was pointing at her watch!

On positive note they are great to watch. Especially their ability to engineer goals when needed.

Well worth while people getting in early next Saturday to see them play Kerry before the chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ok. There's neither lashing rain, or a force 10 gale. And none of my giblets have fallen off (yet) from the cold.

Am I in the wrong county?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

10+ win here for Dublin, Mayo to have at least two men sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Doltanian wrote: »
    10+ win here for Dublin, Mayo to have at least two men sent off.

Nah. Wont happen. Sure Joe's not reffing.

Should be further ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Should be further ahead.

Yeah the goal chances were gilt edged.

The Mayo lads buy so many frees by hitting the deck just as the challenge comes in.

The Mayo lads are gas.

Everytime there is 2 balls on the pitch to slow down Cluxton's kick outs.

A lot of soft frees but doesnt matter as Doherty cannot kick the ball in a straight line..

STB. wrote: »
    The Mayo lads are gas.

A lot of soft frees but doesnt matter as Doherty cannot kick the ball in a straight line..

Get yer tinfoil hat off ffs, Mayo cynical. Feck off would ya. Typical Dub.

And that GPS was loose and fell off Keegan btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The Mayo lads are gas.

Glad that people are finally noticing this nonsense that they go on with- it’s been same for years.

Yet due to the journey narrative that surrounds them- they seem to get infinite pity despite their antics

Well that was a particularly inept referring performance tonight. Every time a Dublin lad looked at a Mayo player it was a free. That red card was simply scandalous, AOS just falls over and the card is shown.

Good result, get out of Dodge with the points and forget about it. The only worry would be if that kind of referring was applied in a tight game we would be screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Mayo lads are gas.

Who was the ref, totally shat himself

We've seen all these wheeze's from teams on kickout's all over the years, just allow the ref to move the kickout up to the 45 in there's any interference with the restart

Crap game, on a shíte pitch, but a comfortable win and always great beating that shower.

A bit too casual for my liking though, lacking a bit of penetration up front and that old chestnut of missing gilt edge goal chances is still there. But completely controlled that game and cant ask for anymore than a win.

• Advertisement

May have won the game,but not very happy with the performance. So many errors. 1-1 in the second half is embarrassing for this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

JRant wrote: »
    Well that’s another heavy defeat coming our way so.
    Who would you pick then?

It was a pity about DCU losing today but it's good that they got there.

Bambi wrote: »
    Who was the ref, totally shat himself

Paddy Neilan. Kildare manager gave out stink about him a few weeks back. He was way off the pace this evening and made a lot of poor decisions.

Dubs were messing tonight with the lateral play. Not concerned about doing the scoreboard. Anyhow it'll have blown the cobwebs away for a few.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Who would you pick then?

It was a pity about DCU losing today but it's good that they got there.

I'd have Rushe in there for a start. That back line has been consistently roasted. There is no solidity to it at all.

Pity they couldn't get it done alright, even if UL were firm favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The Mayo lads are gas.

Glad that people are finally noticing this nonsense that they go on with- it’s been same for years.

Yet due to the journey narrative that surrounds them- they seem to get infinite pity despite their antics
    Journey might begin in D2 next year

Looked so so easy tonight

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Slattsy wrote:
    And that GPS was loose and fell off Keegan btw.

It blew up, took half the top with it

Crap game, on a shíte pitch, but a comfortable win and always great beating that shower.

A bit too casual for my liking though, lacking a bit of penetration up front and that old chestnut of missing gilt edge goal chances is still there. But completely controlled that game and cant ask for anymore than a win.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0223/943052-the-dirty-dozen-mayos-winless-streak-against-dublin/

You'll enjoy this.

:D

I thought it was an ok game.

Mannion looked very good, that lad O’Donoghue had his hands full.

It appeared that Mannion and MDMA picked up knocks.

Mayo's midfield suffered a late change, no Parsons.

Kilkenny continues to play a little closer to goal, and should have done better with his goal chance imo.

KMcM did very little

Overall I'm happy with Howard and Scully in the half forward line. I think Howard is ahead of Carthy and Reddin now. I liked his link up play with McCarthy, Fenton and Scully he has a good football brain, he slapped into AOS enough, and put in a good shift.

We'd the middle under control but lost it when Fenton, Howard and MDMA came off, we got a bit lost in the middle and Mayo ate into the lead a bit.

COC will make a huge difference for them and Moran looked good imo

I'd be concerned with the difference COC would make.
    I noted Coen leaning in on his runs to buy frees too. However I thought he did some good work in tracking McCarthy running though, he checked him very well to protect Keegan as he went for his first point. Obviously they need to adjust their plan for McCarthy.

It would appear that COC is their most important player.
    AOS had little impact imo.
    I thought rock played well, but his Yellow was stupid, he has a little bit of that in his game.
    Didn't see the Fitz red but it was in front of the ref.

The mayo attack looked a bit shapeless SOS running it in made a difference.

I would have liked to have seen Paddy Small on for KMcM at half time.

Their fee taking was muck and I'd like to see the second goal again but it looked like it might have been a Cafferkey Hennelly special. Apart from number 3 most of Mayo's main issues will be fixed for the championship imo so I wouldn't read too much into the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Stoner wrote: »
    I thought it was an ok game.

Mannion looked very good, that lad O’Donoghue had his hands full.

It appeared that Mannion and MDMA picked up knocks.

Mayo's midfield suffered a late change, no Parsons.

Kilkenny continues to play a little closer to goal, and should have done better with his goal chance imo.

KMcM did very little

Overall I'm happy with Howard and Scully in the half forward line. I think Howard is ahead of Carthy and Reddin now. I liked his link up play with McCarthy, Fenton and Scully he has a good football brain, he slapped into AOS enough, and put in a good shift.

We'd the middle under control but lost it when Fenton, Howard and MDMA came off, we got a bit lost in the middle and Mayo ate into the lead a bit.

COC will make a huge difference for them and Moran looked good imo

I'd be concerned with the difference COC would make.
    I noted Coen leaning in on his runs to buy frees too. However I thought he did some good work in tracking McCarthy running though, he checked him very well to protect Keegan as he went for his first point. Obviously they need to adjust their plan for McCarthy.

It would appear that COC is their most important player.
    AOS had little impact imo.
    I thought rock played well, but his Yellow was stupid, he has a little bit of that in his game.
    Didn't see the Fitz red but it was in front of the ref.

The mayo attack looked a bit shapeless SOS running it in made a difference.

I would have liked to have seen Paddy Small on for KMcM at half time.

Their fee taking was muck and I'd like to see the second goal again but it looked like it might have been a Cafferkey Hennelly special. Apart from number 3 most of Mayo's main issues will be fixed for the championship imo so I wouldn't read too much into the win.

Thought most of what you said was rubbish .
    Mannion is showing his age now and has a short shelf life . AOS was very good as well as Coen . It’s february and if you can’t see why mayo weren’t starting 9-10 of last years final then there no point having a conversation .
    In short Dublin were better tonight but no great shakes either . Despite mayos inept performance they could have had 4 more points easily on the board and coens blazing wide could have made a game of IT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement