Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill Your Babies - PS2 Edition 1.0

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Best snowboarding game you could get until SSX.

I completely forgot SSX was on it too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did 1080 snowboarding actually have much "tricks"? I remember it not having tricks, could be another snowboarding game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't a patch on Steep Slope Sliders for me.

That looks really good. Must check it out.

The common consensus at the time was you couldn't do better than 1080. But I don't think anyone was considering Saturn games back then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did 1080 snowboarding actually have much "tricks"? I remember it not having tricks, could be another snowboarding game

It was all about tricks.

I remember some snowboarding game around that era with no tricks and it was just about racing. Twas awful anyway.

• Advertisement

I remember some snowboarding game around that era with no tricks and it was just about racing. Twas awful anyway.

Cool boarders maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Cool boarders maybe?

Cool Boarders had tricks if I remember right, or at least CB2 did. But it was mostly focused on racing alright.

Code be the Shaun White one either.

Or the FF7 snowboarding section :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For me, it never got better than the combo of SSX Tricky and 1080 Avalanche, one for the ridiculous over the top tricks, one for pretty realistic feeling snowboarding (and outrunning avalanches for the over the top bits!)

Steep is one of the only ones I've played since that came close to the great feel of 1080 Avalanche, with tricks, but it's more reigned in than SSX Tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

BOOOM!!!

The winner, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2.

So happy! Game deserves it in my opinion, but there was some very stiff competition, and the last 10 or so after it was whittled down deserved it too.

Also, to keep this going, i will more than happily create another one for N64, or Dreamcast, or whatever, but because i never owned either, i wouldn't consider myself in the know well enough to pick the games that deserve to be on it, so i would again be going by best sold games. If anyone else wants to work away on one, please do, but if there are no complaints, i will create an N64 one with the top 20 selling games for it.

• Advertisement

1 Mans Campaign to promote Legacy of Kain...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

1 Mans Campaign to promote Legacy of Kain...

In fairness I loved that game, someone gave me a loan of it cos they couldnt be arsed playing it and I adored it.

Making a N664 list there now, combo of Sales and Critical reception

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

voted for legacy of kain, tbh I either loved it or hated it, can't remember. Remember the first one which was a top down view, another one on PS1 and then think there was two on the ps2. If there was only one I didn't like it. It won. I didn't care after page 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

One of my favorite games! Made my friend buy it....he hated it and gave it to me.:P

Advertisement