Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill Your Babies - PS2 Edition 1.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ratchet and Clank
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Okami
    Timesplitters 2
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Soulcalibur II
    Silent Hill 2

Soul Calibur 2 gone. Amazing game but the Gamecube version was miles better. Link was a much better exclusive fighter than boring generic Tekken bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Ratchet and Clank
    Okami
    Timesplitters 2
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Soulcalibur II
    Silent Hill 2

Killing Beyond Good and Evil. I still have my PS2 copy of this and have started it numerous times because the internet keeps telling me I should adore it. I don't, so **** you, internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ratchet and Clank
    Okami
    Timesplitters 2
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Soulcalibur II
    Silent Hill 2

Cutting Timesplitters 2. Really good fun at the time, but it was limited even then compared to PC FPS games and console games have caught up to them now. Like Goldeneye, it's a game better in memory than in the present.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Oh for F**k sakes Super_Furry! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When it comes to nostalgia, the truth often hurts :P

For the time it was amazing, loads of modes as well, even offering stuff like Unreal Tournaments assault mode which a lot of people thought wouldn't be possible and the map editor was fun even if it was severely cut down from what was offered in review copies due to problems with bugs and performance.

It was actually a great set of features that was better than most PC games at the time. Just a pity the limited RAM of the consoles kept levels small and the Goldeneye controls felt old hat especially considering Halo was out and even before that Quake 2 and Alien Resurrection on the PS1 had done dual stick controls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ratchet and Clank
    Okami
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Silent Hill 2

Bye bye Ratchet and Clank, as good a game as you are your just not good enough to top this list :D

6 remain, can we get a result before we all take a break for the weekend.
    I personally think Silent Hill 2 should win, out of the remaining games it's the only one I played, aside from maybe 20 mins of Sands of Time and it was a system seller. But the days of me killing games I never played have to stop now with only 5 kills left

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I personally think Silent Hill 2 should win, out of the remaining games it's the only one I played, aside from maybe 20 mins of Sands of Time and it was a system seller. But the days of me killing games I never played have to stop now with only 5 kills left

I can only take out 3 of the last remaining ones :P

They are six great games, would easily slot into any PS2 top 10 list.

Ssssh, don't mention what you want to win. Someone will just kill it for ****s and giggles.

• Advertisement

They are six great games, would easily slot into any PS2 top 10 list.

Thats why its so hard for me to choose my next victim :'(

But alas my mind is made up:

Okami
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Silent Hill 2

Bye Bye Psychonauts, nice game, spent a fair bit of time on it but if I remember rightly it suffered a few sound issues which drove me mad so your out.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ssssh, don't mention what you want to win. Someone will just kill it for ****s and giggles.

But maybe he wants SH2 to be killed so his real favourite will win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Okami
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Silent Hill 2

I hate horror survival type games. :mad:

Or maybe I want you to think that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Okami
    Yakuza

Bye Bye Okami you strange game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Okami
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Silent Hill 2

I hate horror survival type games. :mad:

See, I was going to kill SH2 because it scared the crap out of me. But that was what the game was trying to do and did it very well, so I didn't feel it should be punished because it was good at its job.

Now it's gone and you'll be getting the visit from Pyramid Head, not me :D

Prince of Persia Prince of Persia Prince of Persia

fixxxer wrote: »
    See, I was going to kill SH2 because it scared the crap out of me. But that was what the game was trying to do and did it very well, so I didn't feel it should be punished because it was good at its job.

Now it's gone and you'll be getting the visit from Pyramid Head, not me :D

Pfft, he's no match for Lord Buckethead

971057.jpg

Okami
    Yakuza

Bye Bye Okami you strange game :D

Im gonna do it, bye bye prince of persia. You gave me some great memories but there can be only 1.

I did NOT expect those to be the last 2 games left, just goes to show how superior the Gamecube was :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I will say, i'm quite shocked myself! Poll up, open until Monday and results hidden until then. Get voting people!!

Im still in shock over silent hill...... i think my eyes are leaking now :(

Never played either

Ouch. Not the two I would have picked or expected. Would have gone for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time myself, but thought it would be Silent Hill v Okami

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Most of my favourites were gone by the first page. Whatever the result it better not be a tie 'cos I need closure.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Most of my favourites were gone by the first page. Whatever the result it better not be a tie 'cos I need closure.

Didn't you kill MGS3?? This is largely your fault :pac:

I'm spoiling my vote

You maniacs! You blew it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You maniacs! You blew it up!

Ah it still has a chance of the right game winning...

• Advertisement

That was really fun actually. If there's another one will it be linked to here?

Advertisement