Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill Your Babies - PS2 Edition 1.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

fixxxer wrote: »
    That was really fun actually. If there's another one will it be linked to here?

It'll just appear on the Front Page.

Generic's got a horn for an N64/Gamecube list, so expect one on Monday/Tuesday. :D

Retro's gonna put one up on JRPG's, with really obscure titles, especially for those of us who aren't fans of the Genre.

And I think all the Mods should put up a list of all user's, and the last one standing gets a yellow card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Generic's got a horn for an N64/Gamecube list, so expect one on Monday/Tuesday. :D

TBH the gamecube had some beauts on it.

I want the dreamcast list more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I couldn't handle a last gen one 'cos probably my favourite game of all time would definitely be killed in the first page.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I couldn't handle a last gen one 'cos probably my favourite game of all time would definitely be killed in the first page.

Don't worry its in my sights :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Don't worry its in my sights :P

Ah if it wasn't you it would be someone else.

• Advertisement

Ah if it wasn't you it would be someone else.

Not really cos plenty love the game too.

Not really cos plenty love the game too.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ah knave, everytime im on to gimli I hear about the game so im suprised you dont know :P

Ah knave, everytime im on to gimli I hear about the game so im suprised you dont know :P

I'm gonna hazard a guess at TLOU, as it's one of my top 2. Number 1 for impact and emotional attachment to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll do an N64 list if I can get some impartial input, otherwise it would be very bias. I have quiet the N64 and Gamecube amount of games. And I remember with the GC specicifally buying any game that got a rating of 85%+ in the Official Nintendo Magazine... I thought this was smart as a teenager, but tbh, it did open my eyes to some games I would not have bought otherwise

• Advertisement

I'm gonna hazard a guess at TLOU, as it's one of my top 2. Number 1 for impact and emotional attachment to it.

Nope, its a shooter ;)
    I'll do an N64 list if I can get some impartial input, otherwise it would be very bias. I have quiet the N64 and Gamecube amount of games. And I remember with the GC specicifally buying any game that got a rating of 85%+ in the Official Nintendo Magazine... I thought this was smart as a teenager, but tbh, it did open my eyes to some games I would not have bought otherwise

My n64 memories arent the best but give me the gamecube any day :D

Nope, its a shooter ;)

Gotcha. Duke Nukem.

Gotcha. Duke Nukem.

That's twice today you've made me laugh at inappropriate times.

Gotcha. Duke Nukem.

Wrong again, your getting colder :P

3rd time will be a charm tho :P

53368971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's no challenge in an N64 one. Naming good games outside out Mario and Zelda on the system, now that's tricky.

There's no challenge in an N64 one. Naming good games outside out Mario and Zelda on the system, now that's tricky.

Shut up! You don't get to have opinions anymore :(

Goldeneye
    Bomberman
    Mortal Kombat
    Pokemon Stadium
    Kirby
    Perfect Dark
    Donkey Kong
    Starfox

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Ratchet and Clank
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Okami
    Timesplitters 2
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Psychonauts
    Yakuza
    Soulcalibur II
    Silent Hill 2

Killing Beyond Good and Evil. I still have my PS2 copy of this and have started it numerous times because the internet keeps telling me I should adore it. I don't, so **** you, internet.

I wanted to say this, but couldn't be dealing with another backlash like I got for vice City.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Goldeneye
    Bomberman
    Mortal Kombat
    Pokemon Stadium
    Kirby
    Perfect Dark
    Donkey Kong
    Starfox

:P

Out of them goldeneye and perfect dark have aged poorly (fight me), donkey Kong is everything wrong with 3d platformer in game's and mortal kombat was never good especially mk4. Bomberman isn't great either.

There's some great ignored classics on the system. Sin and punishment is my shout for best game on the system. Glover and rocket on wheels are excellent. Body harvest is janky but fun and blast Corp is the best thing rare made in my opinion. The wrestling games are great as well but the best one stayed in Japan.

But then I'll get shouted down because people don't know those games rather than people feeling shame for not having played them.

I think a lot of the n64 killings will be for cap framerate muddy textures and having aged poorly.

I'd like to make a case for Hybrid Heaven. It deserves recognition for bring the only RPG based around wrestling moves and grapples. It's also so insane it could give magic mushroom 's a run for their money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Take the best selling games. Best way to be impartial and avoid bitching.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The wrestling games are great as well but the best one stayed in Japan.

Which one was that?

Also, Bomberman 64 was awesome as Multiplayer with friends... the single player was absolutely disgusting though

Goldeneye indeed ages TERRIBLY, have not played Perfect Dark since then

The Mario Party series and Paper Mario were great

What I don't like about Mario Party was it's very much based on luck. Also it's the biggest destroyer of analogue sticks along with the Pok?mon Stadium mini games.

Bomberman 64 multiplayer is good but I prefer the simplicity of the Bomberman 93 and the madness of 10 player Saturn bomberman.

I think I'll go with Yakuza. It's far from perfect but I love how bonkers it is and it's a spiritual successor to Shenmue.

Souls reaver was fun on release but it's like a poor mans metroidvania on revisiting it. The PS1 version is a technical marvel but it's kind of bad in comparison to the Dreamcast and PC versions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Doom64
    Its so different from other Dooms that its not really a port .

Which one was that?

Virtual Pro Wrestling 64.

Made by Aki who made all the Wrestling games people loved on N64.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Poll due to close around 13.30, so if ye haven't voted yet, get on it!

Also i think it was called 1080 snowboarding on the N64, that was a good game in fairness.

Also i think it was called 1080 snowboarding on the N64, that was a good game in fairness.

Best snowboarding game you could get until SSX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Best snowboarding game you could get until SSX.

Wasn't a patch on Steep Slope Sliders for me.

Advertisement