Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2017 - Tax, Audit & Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭SunshineKid

Harry2015 wrote: »
    They placed 80 in Jan 2017 (20 per location) and then a another 20 in Dublin in sep 2017. They was 160 on the panel last year. Last year the last I seen they were up to 120

Can I just add that Galway was also one of the locations last year but I haven't seen that mentioned so you may be missing another 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Harry2015

Can I just add that Galway was also one of the locations last year but I haven't seen that mentioned so you may be missing another 20

Sorry you are correct. It was Kilkenny, Dublin, Limerick and Galway. Cork was the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Board.surf wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, which dublin office would you be located at? I just want to assess the viability of a commute.
    Lansdowne Road for the first 4 months or so. There are audit sections in Lansdowne Road, O'Connell St, Ashtown Gate and Tallaght. You'll be asked for your preference of which you want.
    Harry2015 wrote: »
    They placed 80 in Jan 2017 (20 per location) and then a another 20 in Dublin in sep 2017. They was 160 on the panel last year. Last year the last I seen they were up to 120
    They exhausted the panel for Dublin last year as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Sevenup79

I got number 180 on the panel. I would safely say I can write this one off. I am on the normal EO panel for a regional location batch 2 but the panel is moving very slowly so there is no guarantee of a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 James1988

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Harry2015

Did anyone get a call today?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Galwaygirl64

Hi,
    I am just wondering if anyone has gotten the email they spoke about on the phone Friday? He said it would be out Tuesday or Wednesday
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neilie22

James1988 wrote: »

I’m hoping for Donegal, preferably Letterkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Hi all. Just wondering for any of you that were offered places in areas that didn't suit. Are ye still on the panel to be offered places if they do end up taking people on in those areas or is it that if you turn down what you are offered first time round you're off the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

I'm going to have to turn down Dublin, Kerry, Cork. They wouldn't even specify where in Dublin the position would be stationed. It could add an hour to someones commute depending on dublin location. I assume dub 2, so I'm saddened that I'll have to reject.

I'll stay on the panel, but I doubt something closer will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Galwaygirl64

Are the posts in Kerry in Tralee or Killarney? I can't find any record of a Revenue office in Killarney and I am almost certain they said Tralee to me. Has anyone gotten an email from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Are the posts in Kerry in Tralee or Killarney? I can't find any record of a Revenue office in Killarney and I am almost certain they said Tralee to me. Has anyone gotten an email from them?

The tax district office in Kerry is in Tralee.

James1988 wrote: »

75 - 100 so not sure if I'll get the call. I'm relying on a number of positions becoming available in DL and most of those above me in the panel to want the big cities. Where are you sitting on the panel (roughly)?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I got offered Tralee cork and Dublin today. I declined and removed myself from the panel. I hope that someone takes up the role and will enjoy the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

fg1406 wrote: »
    I got offered Tralee cork and Dublin today. I declined and removed myself from the panel. I hope that someone takes up the role and will enjoy the job.

Thanks for the update!
    Just wondering what number approx were you on the panel?
    Just trying to figure will I ever get a call as I'm inside 110!
    I'm a long way off I'm sure!!:(

Densey12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update!
    Just wondering what number approx were you on the panel?
    Just trying to figure will I ever get a call as I'm inside 110!
    I'm a long way off I'm sure!!:(

I was just after the first 50, so they might get there quicker than you think

Did you have to remove yourself from the panel because you declined the offers or was that a personal decision?

neilie22 wrote: »
    Did you have to remove yourself from the panel because you declined the offers or was that a personal decision?

They’ll keep you on the panel if you decline an area but I removed myself as I simply don’t want the job.

• Advertisement

Oh thanks for the update! :)
    I didn't think they would be up that far!
    There is a glimmer of hope yet for the 12 months the panel is live, at least!!

I’m in the 75 - 100 range on the panel and got a call today for the three locations mentioned earlier in the thread. Looks like they are working their way through the panel now for Dublin, Cork, Kerry. Unfortunately those locations don’t work for me. Let’s hope other locations follow soon.

I’m in the 75 - 100 range on the panel and got a call today for the three locations mentioned earlier in the thread. Looks like they are working their way through the panel now for Dublin, Cork, Kerry. Unfortunately those locations don’t work for me. Let’s hope other locations follow soon.

Many thanks Neilie,
    They are moving through the panel very quick!
    I have hope again!
    Did they say anything about other locations?
    Do you stay on the panel now, until another location has vacancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rosie110

Sorry to hear locations don't suit you. I'm hoping for Dublin but am 130+

Many thanks Neilie,
    They are moving through the panel very quick!
    I have hope again!
    Did they say anything about other locations?
    Do you stay on the panel now, until another location has vacancies?

No details on other locations yet but they did stress it is a nationwide competition so I’m hoping other locations are offered soon.

I stay on the panel now until Oct 2018, or whenever I accept a suitable location.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rosie110

No details on other locations yet but they did stress it is a nationwide competition so I’m hoping other locations are offered soon.

I stay on the panel now until Oct 2018, or whenever I accept a suitable location.

In that case you will get something. Did they note what location you would take?

I'm sure you will get something!
    Once Dublin, Cork and Kerry are filled Id imagine other locations will then start to be filled!
    Id love to know if Limerick will have vacancies as this would be my preferred location but I could do Cork or Kerry but they would both be an hour or more commute. Probably could not say no to Cork or Kerry in the hope of Limerick though! Best to try get in the door if possible I suppose!
    Best of Luck!

Rosie110 wrote: »
    In that case you will get something. Did they note what location you would take?

They didn’t ask me my preferred location, just a yes or no on what they were offering.

Received my feed back!
    Have to say I'm pretty pleased!
    The competition must be very very high!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

Received my feed back!
    Have to say I'm pretty pleased!
    The competition must be very very high!

May I ask please how you got that feedback please? What do I need to do to get mine? Thanks a mill!!

Advertisement