Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2017 - Tax, Audit & Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

No problem, I hope that you get placed where you want to be. Not long left to wait now surely. Although I am about 99% sure that I didn't make the panel this time around.

Thanks Best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eoc2207kei

je551e wrote: »
    Thanks Best of luck to you

Afraid I rang there and "results will be out next week" was the answer I was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 purplegold114

Eoc2207kei wrote: »
    Afraid I rang there and "results will be out next week" was the answer I was given.

The suspense is killing me! Every time I open my emails I have a mini heart attack. Another week of this so!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I've decided that if on the off chance i get offered a place, I'll turn it down. I don't think I want to work remotely and go to businesses alone auditing. I'd love the job if it was a desk based exercise in the office but the remote working and travelling for what really isn't a great salary isn't appealing. I am still very curious as to how I did though!

The suspense is killing me! Every time I open my emails I have a mini heart attack. Another week of this so!

I'm sorry I didn't have better news! I think we're all in that sinking boat of suspense! I suspect a lot met the qualifying standards so they have probably needed to do further screening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭SunshineKid

fg1406 wrote: »
    I've decided that if on the off chance i get offered a place, I'll turn it down. I don't think I want to work remotely and go to businesses alone auditing. I'd love the job if it was a desk based exercise in the office but the remote working and travelling for what really isn't a great salary isn't appealing. I am still very curious as to how I did though!
    I feel the same. I don't think I would like the travelling part either. I spent the last 2 years really wanting this job but my circumstances at home have changed and I need to give priority to my family now over anything else. I don't think that this is the job for me anymore so if I don't make the panel, I'm not going to care either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I feel the same. I don't think I would like the travelling part either. I spent the last 2 years really wanting this job but my circumstances at home have changed and I need to give priority to my family now over anything else. I don't think that this is the job for me anymore so if I don't make the panel, I'm not going to care either way.

What's all this about travelling and remote working? Where's this coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Eoc2207kei wrote: »

No way! I could cry

Barneystinson, I know it's not travelling as such but it is working on-site and I was led to believe that approximately 50% of the time would be spent on-site away from the desk??

I was told that this job entailed working off site going to business/farms etc doing audits. I was even specifically asked about it at interview.

• Advertisement

Barneystinson, I know it's not travelling as such but it is working on-site and I was led to believe that approximately 50% of the time would be spent on-site away from the desk??

It probably wouldn't be quite that percentage in most places, but obviously a substantial part of a job as a compliance worker or auditor involves doing compliance calls. They generally don't attend on site alone though, in most places. Certainly not for the first few years while they're still in training.

Did ye not actually make an effort to find out what the job entails before applying and putting yourselves through the process?!

The bit I find annoying is that there'll be high calibre people (who informed themselves about the job they were applying for) that may miss out on a place on the panel to someone who doesn't actually want the job... :rolleyes:

I was told that this job entailed working off site going to business/farms etc doing audits. I was even specifically asked about it at interview.

And prior to that, what did you think it entailed like?!

It probably wouldn't be quite that percentage in most places, but obviously a substantial part of a job as a compliance worker or auditor involves doing compliance calls. They generally don't attend on site alone though, in most places. Certainly not for the first few years while they're still in training.

Did ye not actually make an effort to find out what the job entails before applying and putting yourselves through the process?!

The bit I find annoying is that there'll be high calibrate people (who informed themselves about the job they were applying for) that may miss out on a place on the panel to someone who doesn't actually want the job... :rolleyes:

I applied for this job back in May or June or whenever the closing date was. Since then my life has been turned completely upside down. If you read my post I said that my family circumstances has changed since then and one of my little ones is currently undergoing tests for a serious illness. I knew what the job entailed, I wanted it then and I don't want it now.
    And if the people are as high calibrate if you say, then they shouldn't have any problem getting placed on the panel in the first place so what exactly is your problem? I take it you already work in Revenue? Let's hope that the rest of the staff in Revenue don't have the same negative attitude as you or God help anyone that gets placed on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pokkets

Just got results there. Check your emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

Results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Can't believe it, I made the panel.... I actually can't believe it. I was obviously focusing on the bits I didn't think I answered well at the interview..

Oh and best of luck to everyone!!!

Keogh08 wrote: »
    Received my email.

Made the panel

Me too got on panel - Hope you did well!!

Placed 139

Not great in my own personal opinion
    Ah well done now!!

Can't believe it, I made the panel.... I actually can't believe it. I was obviously focusing on the bits I didn't think I answered well at the interview..

well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pdawg092

Do you think there is a chance of getting an offer when you in the 100+ category on the panel??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Made the panel!!
    Trilled to have made it but at being just over 100 I wonder what are the chances of being placed?
    Maybe if Dublin clear a lot from it there would be some chance?
    What is the process from here can anyone tell me ?
    Is it a matter of sit and wait?

Me too got on panel - Hope you did well!!

Placed 139

Not great in my own personal opinion
    Ah well done now!!

Well done .... I got placed 175 ... I really didn't think I'd make the panel at all. I know this still doesn't mean I could get a position but I will live in hope!!!

pdawg092 wrote: »
    Do you think there is a chance of getting an offer when you in the 100+ category on the panel??

I really don't know!!

Panel only for year so I personally in my own opinion don't expect to get any further but I could be completely wrong
    depends on demand for Audit EO's over the next 12 months

Densey12 wrote: »
    Made the panel!!
    Trilled to have made it but at being just over 100 I wonder what are the chances of being placed?
    Maybe if Dublin clear a lot from it there would be some chance?
    What is the process from here can anyone tell me ?
    Is it a matter of sit and wait?

sit & wait I think!!!!

Well done .... I got placed 175 ... I really didn't think I'd make the panel at all. I know this still doesn't mean I could get a position but I will live in hope!!!

Best of luck!!!

Might be lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

Made it! Inside 50. Will they hire that many? I would prefer a role outside of Dublin. Congrats to you all who made it.

To those who didn't, brush yourselves off and march right on! I've scored horrifically on some of these things before. I've also scored higher and still received no position. One role doesn't define you!!

I applied for this job back in May or June or whenever the closing date was. Since then my life has been turned completely upside down. If you read my post I said that my family circumstances has changed since then and one of my little ones is currently undergoing tests for a serious illness. I knew what the job entailed, I wanted it then and I don't want it now.
    And if the people are as high calibrate if you say, then they shouldn't have any problem getting placed on the panel in the first place so what exactly is your problem? I take it you already work in Revenue? Let's hope that the rest of the staff in Revenue don't have the same negative attitude as you or God help anyone that gets placed on the panel.

High calibre people are still human and while these recruitment processes are probably fair, they don't always guarantee the best people get through. Generally though, if a good person has a 2/3 goes, they'll get there in the end. And I say this as someone who has a 100% success rate at getting on panels.

I'm sorry to hear about your child, that's terrible and hopefully all works out. But obviously you aren't the subject of my rolling eyes, it's people who applied for a job that they clearly don't want and were never going to want. Look at FG's post - they basically said they want to be a Revenue auditor who doesn't have to leave their desk or interview taxpayers. That's just plain silly.

I don't have a negative attitude at all, and plenty of high quality EO's that came in from previous versions of this competition that have worked with me would confirm that! My negativity is solely directed at people naive or silly enough to apply for a very particular job, which involves being in the field and sometimes matching wits with other people in a (professionally) adversarial way, and only afterwards realising they don't actually like dealing with conflict etc...

Well done to those that panelled, and chin up to those that didn't, it'll be around again soon enough..!

The bit I find annoying is that there'll be high calibre people (who informed themselves about the job they were applying for) that may miss out on a place on the panel to someone who doesn't actually want the job... :rolleyes:

I did find out about the job and that's what I was told. I did practice interviews with a high level manager in revenue. I applied for the job as I would have enjoyed the audit end of it and working through files etc however the more I thought about it the more I don't want the job. I went for the interview, as interview experience is always beneficial. I'm glad I did. I've also been panelled quite high. That's given me a confidence boost. So what if I don't want the job anyway. All that will happen is ill turn it down and the next person will accept. It's not as if I'm doing anyone out of a job :rolleyes:

I did find out about the job and that's what I was told. I did practice interviews with a high level manager in revenue. I applied for the job as I would have enjoyed the audit end of it and working through files etc however the more I thought about it the more I don't want the job. I went for the interview, as interview experience is always beneficial. I'm glad I did. I've also been panelled quite high. That's given me a confidence boost. So what if I don't want the job anyway. All that will happen is ill turn it down and the next person will accept. It's not as if I'm doing anyone out of a job :rolleyes:

If you hadn't applied someone else would be on the panel that isn't currently on it. A person of your book smarts should be well able to appreciate that fact. If there was another 20-30 of you it'd be a serious waste of a lot of resources.

Well done on your placing.

• Advertisement

Told today wouldn't hear until next week and got an email two hours later to say I was placed. This competition was an emotional roller coaster lol . Let's hope the careers will be as long as the recruitment process . Well done everybody! It was a tough ole interview

Advertisement