Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2017 - Tax, Audit & Compliance

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

Is their a thread open for the 2018 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Does anyone know what the dress code is like for Revenue audit staff? Due to start at the end of this month but can't find out anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Does anyone know what the dress code is like for Revenue audit staff? Due to start at the end of this month but can't find out anywhere.

Hi jw_sweetman

I was the exact same when starting January gone ! It’s smart casual , especially if you are going to be doing the diploma . On days you are out of the office i.e meeting taxpayers and agents , , it’s smart then ! But in general Revenue is smart casual!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pdawg092

I ended up turning down Dublin, they did mention there would be positions arising in Waterford, anybody get any offers for Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Densey12 wrote: »
    Hi jw_sweetman

I was the exact same when starting January gone ! It’s smart casual , especially if you are going to be doing the diploma . On days you are out of the office i.e meeting taxpayers and agents , , it’s smart then ! But in general Revenue is smart casual!

Hi Densey12, I'm starting in Revenue in September and will be doing the diploma also. I was just wondering how are you getting on. The training/diploma last for 6 months, is this correct? Have you been meeting taxpayers/agents since you started or do you have to finish the diploma first? I'm looking forward to starting and was delighted to get an offer before the panel expired. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

pdawg092 wrote: »
    I ended up turning down Dublin, they did mention there would be positions arising in Waterford, anybody get any offers for Waterford?

I heard Waterford was offered. 10 EOs starting in Sep. Ring them back and see if Waterford is available as I heard they rang a few people twice.

Densey12 wrote: »
    Hi jw_sweetman

Hi Densey12, I'm starting in Revenue in September and will be doing the diploma also. I was just wondering how are you getting on. The training/diploma last for 6 months, is this correct? Have you been meeting taxpayers/agents since you started or do you have to finish the diploma first? I'm looking forward to starting and was delighted to get an offer before the panel expired. Thanks in advance.

The diploma is 2 to 3 years depending on how intense they put on the classes... Usually 2 years now. Otherwise qualified accountants etc can do 13 week training which is not assessed but is there to help with audit work etc

Dress code! Ha... I won't go there but it certainly isn't Milan

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Hi guys, sorry to drag up an old thread :P Just wondering how all of you who started in January are getting on? Whats the job/training like and if you could shed some light on how the pay scale/increments work I'd be eternally grateful :D
    Hoping to hear back regarding an interview date soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Would anyone that was placed off this panel be able to shed any light on the training/type of work they are doing etc?

Am on the current panel but am v unsure of what will be required in the role.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Got in last years competition. Started at the end of August in Dublin. I'm split between classes for the diploma in D'olier st and practical training in Lansdowne road. The diplomas a level 7 qualification so it's not too bad. Classes are held during work hours and over the past two months it's been a 50-50 split between classes and training.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Got in last years competition. Started at the end of August in Dublin. I'm split between classes for the diploma in D'olier st and practical training in Lansdowne road. The diplomas a level 7 qualification so it's not too bad. Classes are held during work hours and over the past two months it's been a 50-50 split between classes and training.

Fairly sure that the diploma is a level 6. The degree is a level 8

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

delricyo wrote: »
    Fairly sure that the diploma is a level 6. The degree is a level 8

The diploma is level 7. I have previously confirmed this with UL who award it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Hi I’m currently on the 2018 panel for Louth.
    What way does the training work for this? Will I be based in Dublin for the duration of the training - full 2 years and then be transferred or what way does it work? Really confused ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FoxyLoxy4

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering for this panel when were the final offers sent out/received?! Im on the 2018 panel but haven't got any offer as of yet and Im wondering is it too late at this stage. Any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

FoxyLoxy4 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering for this panel when were the final offers sent out/received?! Im on the 2018 panel but haven't got any offer as of yet and Im wondering is it too late at this stage. Any advice would be appreciated!

Here are the dates I worked out based on the calls for 2017 before. It was a national panel then so it wasn't broken down to regions in the calls.

Various locations(with people turning down locations and waiting on panel for preferred location)(one chap waiting on Northwest Ranked top 30 until 27/1/2018 for offer)
    26th Oct Results out
    27th Oct Rank 1-5 called
    3rd Nov Rank 1-50 called
    6th Nov Rank 75-100 called
    7th Nov Rank 105-110 called
    16th Nov Rank 120's Speculation called
    22nd Nov Rank 135 Speculation called
    24th Nov Rank 135-140 called
    5th Dec Rank 150+ speculation called
    12th Dec - 7th Jan 2018 Rank 155-160 not called
    15th Feb 2018 Rank 155-160 called
    7th June 2018 Rank 160s called

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FoxyLoxy4

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Here are the dates I worked out based on the calls for 2017 before. It was a national panel then so it wasn't broken down to regions in the calls.

Various locations(with people turning down locations and waiting on panel for preferred location)(one chap waiting on Northwest Ranked top 30 until 27/1/2018 for offer)
    26th Oct Results out
    27th Oct Rank 1-5 called
    3rd Nov Rank 1-50 called
    6th Nov Rank 75-100 called
    7th Nov Rank 105-110 called
    16th Nov Rank 120's Speculation called
    22nd Nov Rank 135 Speculation called
    24th Nov Rank 135-140 called
    5th Dec Rank 150+ speculation called
    12th Dec - 7th Jan 2018 Rank 155-160 not called
    15th Feb 2018 Rank 155-160 called
    7th June 2018 Rank 160s called

Thanks for your reply! I was ranked in the 120s in the original national rankings and am still awaiting an offer so am losing hope. Hopefully something might happen yet but it's hard to know at this stage.

Thanks again 👍

Advertisement