Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Really? Haven't seen it mentioned on the news yet as to what his background is or why he did this. Yes it is a terror attack but why did he do it?

Why does his motivation matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has he been wrong in anything he's said about Islam?? Grooming gangs?? Radicalisation in mosques??

Well he says all followers of Islam are either terrorists or paedophiles. Fairly sure that's wrong.

https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/249229697924354048

He also says the only difference between and extremist muslims and a moderate muslims is a change of clothes. That's wrong also.

https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/583918289543372800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Indeed. You literally have one guy here saying "let's wait and see" what his motives are, and then dismissing every single media report of him shouting "I want to kill all Muslims".

This **** happens every time there is an Islamic attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Indeed. You literally have one guy here saying "let's wait and see" what his motives are, and then dismissing every single media report of him shouting "I want to kill all Muslims".

Yes because the head of the Mosque did not mention it when he was being interviewed & I would believe him rather than someone off the street

Look from 1:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Btw Islamic terror is right wing terror

• Advertisement

dav3 wrote: »
    The low-life degenerate has connections to many far-right organisations around the world. One of which is the UVF, a terrorist group that bombed Dublin and Monaghan killing many innocent Irish people.
    This isn’t stormfront or whatever far-right forum you pull these videos from. I think you should think again before going down this path.

Yeah whatever....now your accusing me of being far right?? I guess it says more about you then doesn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I hope there will be a thorough investigation into who radicalized this terror suspect at Finsbury Park mosque

And in doing so I hope the authorities look at social media especially where Muslims are made out to be 'responsible' for terror attacks by ISIS , where directly and indirectly Islamophobia is perpetuated and tolerated...

make no mistake...this too is blind ignorant hatred

In my world there are two types of people
    Those who love and those who hate...and it is easy to spot both

And all far right sympathisers as well as this man's extended family should be thoroughly investigated on the back of this and put on lists. Also all people supporting it on social media should be locked up or kicked out of the country.

Don't agree with that myself, but just a reminder to those who spout that type of nonsense to be careful what they wish for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

People living in poorer areas of London (or England in general) are the ones who seem most susceptible to Tommy Robinson's particular brand of hatred, possibly because they tend to be the areas most affected by immigration too.

It will be interesting to see if the attacker was local to the area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I know Robinson is a turd but from the above tweet, it seems like he's genuinely enjoying the situation. Looks like that concerned persona of his is completely fake.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Why does his motivation matter?

Well there was an anti Israel march in London yesterday with people carrying Hizbollah & other extremist flags. Maybe it has something to do with that

• Advertisement

The gas thing is that Tommy Robinson and the EDL almost hate you as much as they hate Muslims. If they ever did get their wish and ethnically cleanse Muslims from the UK, you can be sure the Irish and the Blacks would be next.

They love banging on about "Immigrant families from the Republic of Ireland" and how they're "Much like the Islamics."

http://www.newstalk.com/The-EDL-is-stoking-antiIrish-racism--in-the-UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

The **** are you on about? A load of people just got mown down, there ain't gonna be flowers and a vigil within 10 minutes.

Ah fair enough. I haven't had my coffee yet and it was a hasty judgement. I just clicked on that video and saw a lot of rage.
    I didn't realise it was just minutes after he did what he did.
    It'll be interesting to see the Muslim response to this.
    RIP to those who died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well he says all followers of Islam are either terrorists or paedophiles. Fairly sure that's wrong.

He also says the only difference between and extremist muslims and a moderate muslims is a change of clothes. That's wrong also.
    "Oh it was only a joke. Can't you tell a joke any more? PC something something."

Well there was an anti Israel march in London yesterday with people carrying Hizbollah & other extremist flags. Maybe it has something to do with that

So to be clear you are not saying it may have been a accident. But you are accepting it is a terror attack, aimed at Muslims. Just so we can be clear, your only issue may be the background of the attacker?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah whatever....now your accusing me of being far right?? I guess it says more about you then doesn't it

950667dc1dad9f045ac3c42d8a02596d.jpg

Ah fair enough. I haven't had my coffee yet and it was a hasty judgement. I just clicked on that video and saw a lot of rage.
    RIP to those who died.

Well the first response of the Iman, was to protect the driver from attack!

https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/249229697924354048

https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/583918289543372800

Isn't he right in both cases??
    There have been Islamic terrorists & pedophiles except hes not saying ALL. Although their was a very famous Islamic pedophile, wrote a book, some called it the word of god
    The second one well hes not wrong there either

Also I think both posts were done in jest

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The gas thing is that Tommy Robinson and the EDL almost hate you as much as they hate Muslims. If they ever did get their wish and ethnically cleanse Muslims from the UK, you can be sure the Irish and the Blacks would be next.

They love banging on about "Immigrant families from the Republic of Ireland" and how they're "Much like the Islamics."

Tommy Robinson Mum is Irish.

His real name is Stephen Lennon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

As much as I dislike Tommy Robison. I would find it hard that he would want to cleanse Irish people from the Uk as he is born of Irish parents. You could have done your research before you made that slippery slope argument.

Billy86 wrote: »
    And all far right sympathisers as well as this man's extended family should be thoroughly investigated on the back of this and put on lists. Also all people supporting it on social media should be locked up or kicked out of the country.

Don't agree with that myself, but just a reminder to those who spout that type of nonsense to be careful what they wish for.

If this man is indeed an immigrant then yes deport him & family if they knew after prison time. If not an immigrant lock them up in prison. I have said many times it works both ways. Does that make me far right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Well if the guy shouted Alluha Akbar it would be easier to know why. Because he's white it is not so clear because it could be any reason

Jesus wept

There is no logic in any terror attack but to spread terror. He hardly wrote a thesis on it

Maybe just maybe he spend his day reading Islamophobic rubbish on line and thought he's run some Muslim over after all if he was reading someone like you he'd blame millions of Muslims for everything from child grooming (still most happens among white males) to in mosque radicalization (though most happens on line) that is wrong in your myopic biased world... Your voice alone would be enough for anyone wanting to hate Muslims to get enough cause

People living in poorer areas of London (or England in general) are the ones who seem most susceptible to Tommy Robinson's particular brand of hatred, possibly because they tend to be the areas most affected by immigration too.

It will be interesting to see if the attacker was local to the area.

Go live in Bradford, Luton, Rochdale & see if you still think hes full of hatred

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

gandalf wrote: »
    What is worrying me most about these recent terrorist atrocities is they are giving a platform to a resurgent far right across Europe which given what happened last time they got in a position of power is abhorrent in the extreme. I cannot honestly believe that people are typing some of the crud being posted here and elsewhere and saying it freely on-line and in the media.

Well maybe if the left and the centre political parties showed a little fooking leadership and actually started taking seriously the non integration of a section of society who are producing malcontents who want to go fight for ISIS and worse still slaughter their fellow citizens at home, the threat of extremists and criminals being allowed free unchecked entry into Europe, then people would not be turning to the right and indeed the far right.

Ever wonder why Le Pen won in Pas de Calais ?

And maybe if the media didn't often try and shove down our throats such things as a bunch of adolescents who engage in criminal behaviour are somehow deserving scared young children or that we have brought terror attacks upon ourselves or that this is the new norm and there is nothing that can be done bar holding a candlelight vigil for the latest victims.

If you ignore people and their problems, lecture them about how they are racist and ignorant, then don't expect them to follow your prescribed path.

The number of fundamentalist islamic related terror attacks in Europe has drastically increased over the last few years, security is now very tight in some cities and countries, the military are patrolling some cities, the number of rapes of women and children has drastically increased in Germany and Austria due to newly arrived so called refugees, civil liberties are being curtailed to counteract these terrorists and also to placate a very vocal section of society that gives rise to them, and yet all we fooking hear about is the rise of the right.

If politicians, media and some people do not take their heads out of their holes and face up to the issues and even start discussing them, yes it will be too late and the real right will have gained ground and ultimately gotten into power.

I am not allowed discuss …

RIP to those who died.
    Did you watch it closely? There was someone getting CPR in it like.

There have been Islamic terrorists & pedophiles except hes not saying ALL. Although their was a very famous Islamic pedophile, wrote a book, some called it the word of god
    The second one well hes not wrong there either

Easy to see how you're on his side is you can agree with hateful fascist stuff like that.

You do realise TR is Irish descent? He left the EDL when he saw they were getting more far right members

Tommy Robinson Mum is Irish.

His real name is Stephen Lennon

Which makes the whole thing more bizarre. It's almost like Stockholm syndrome for him.

Go live in Bradford, Luton, Rochdale & see if you still think hes full of hatred

What's your point our kid? These are generally considered deprived parts of the UK?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

There have been Islamic terrorists & pedophiles except hes not saying ALL.
    Should we apply the same rules to Catholics and the history of the Catholic Church and child abuse?

Typical right winger rhetoric there, if one of their crew says something it's banter, jest or not serious.

If someone does the same thing to them it's hate speech.

• Advertisement

So to be clear you are not saying it may have been a accident. But you are accepting it is a terror attack, aimed at Muslims. Just so we can be clear, your only issue may be the background of the attacker?

Yes, I said it was a terror attack from the start. I dont care who the terrorist is. He should do prison time or as I've said before about Islamic terrorists he should be kicked out of the country if he is an immigrant. It works both ways for me

Advertisement