Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

I watched the video, it does not help that the curses a lot. Much of what he says is incorrect, the Tories under May has passed much of the laws he wants the only thing stopping those laws been used are not the liberal left but the fact that the tories are inept. They stopped a UK citizen from coming into the UK by withdrawing his UK passport, because he was involved with Jihad in the ME, the guy just used his Afghanistan passport and wandered back in.

No one on the "****ing liberal left" is against the locking up of people involved in membership of an illegal orgainisation. It is people like Tommy who are helping Islamic terror rather than stoping it.

Yes but do you see where your video ended to make it look like he was inciting violence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Van driver 'laughed and shouted things about Muslims' during arrest after Finsbury Park mosque attack

A van driver reported "laughed, smiled and shouted things about Muslims" as he was being arrested after a suspected terror attack on the Finsbury Park mosque.

Click here for full story

More on the attacker. Pretty straight forward, what his motives were. Also, explains why they were quick to call it a terror attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The far left and far right are the exact same.

This was a terrorist attack 1000%. But you can see a couple from both sides loving this.

The sad thing here is that a person has died needless. A family is grieving. More are hurt in hospital, where their love ones are concerned.

That's what people are forgetting. That's the main bit.

Innocent people being killed

ask yourself where you do think this is all leading?

Do we keep taking in refugees until the percentages set us up for a Lebanon or Yugoslav style civil war? would it be worth it? We should stop importing extremists from abroad - there is clearly more than enough trouble stored up for everyone with our own home grown idiots on both 'sides'

Its simply time to cut our future losses, it is so easy to see how these things can spiral

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

inforfun wrote: »
    Well, lets see what i managed to pick from wikipedia

That should read heres what I selectively pulled from Wikipedia :rolleyes:

With regard to the HSBC item.....
    However, the mosque then filed a legal case against Thomson Reuters and won in 2017, with Reuters being required to issue an apology and pay damages

inforfun wrote:
    They are not exactly just involved in organising bingo nights.

Yes but that was back in 2005 and they have turned things around since then.
    It was then reopened in February 2005 with a new board of trustees supported by the Muslim Association of Britain (MAB), who were asked by the police to try to turn it around. Dr Azzam Tamimi, a leading member of MAB, described it as "one of the very rare success stories where the Muslim community and others came together and decided to rescue the mosque"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finsbury_Park_Mosque

• Advertisement

Heres a video from last night with the arrest of the man

ask yourself where you do think this is all leading?

Do we keep taking in refugees until the percentages set us up for a Lebanon or Yugoslav style civil war? would it be worth it? We should stop importing extremists from abroad - there is clearly more than enough trouble stored up for everyone with our own home grown idiots on both 'sides'

Its simply time to cut our future losses, it is so easy to see how these things can spiral

Donald is that you? Anti-Muslim extremist goes on a rampage, and apparently its the refugees who are the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Billy86 wrote: »
    lawred2 wrote: »
    Is it still terrorism if it's not organised?

This doesn't seem to me to be an organised or coordinated action.. More likely some ill person thinking they were carrying out a revenge attack.
    thft
    It's still terrorism yeah, just not from a terrorist organisation.

RIP to the victims

I know this is definitely a terrorist attack as its targeted at one group​ but I still see a big difference between something like this and ISIS attacks, an attack like this won't help to bring about the goals the murderer presumably wants unlike the Islamists attacks.
    e.g the Islamists want chaos in Western countries, this dude probably wants some idealized 1940's Britain.

This definitely isn't excusing it, for example I would view the some of the loyalist killers a similar way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

When people try to make out that Tommy Robinson A.K.A Stephen Lennon A.K.A Paul Harris is a voice of reason on an Irish forum, you know the world has gone mad.

It's an interesting insight as to how people become radicalised on the internet though. That fact that some people genuinely believe this cretin talks sense is quite worrying.

• dav3 wrote: »
    When people try to make out that Tommy Robinson A.K.A Stephen Lennon A.K.A Paul Harris is a voice of reason on an Irish forum, you know the world has gone mad.

It's an interesting insight as to how people become radicalised on the internet though. That fact that some people genuinely believe this cretin talks sense is quite worrying.

LOL radicalised, good man!
    tbf to him he speaks off the back of actual facts. It's refreshing in this day and age of media cover ups / agendas and nonsense political leaders not answering direct questions.

• Advertisement

dav3 wrote: »

The rights inability to condemn terror, when it comes from there own ranks, is rather telling. They were happy to go after liberals and scream terror after the shooting of a US politician last week, and we see a completely different reaction to this attack.

We saw the same thing, after the attack on the Mosque in Canada, the Neo-Nazi false flag terrorists being arrested, the Portland attacks, the 17 year old Muslims girl beaten to death with a bat and her body dumped in a pond and the murder of Jo Cox. The right has a terror problem, and don't seem bothered by it at all.

dav3 wrote: »

HAHAHA good one
    Maybe you're radicalised that you prefer to hear lies from the media & politicians. TR has spoke out about child grooming, radicalisation in mosques for years but hes the bad guy for trying to warn people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Heres a video from last night with the arrest of the man

What strikes me most there:
    A palpable (male) rage.
    Vs
    Vigils, flowers, attempts at reconciliation whenever civilised Westerners are attacked.

Tell me who are the barbarians again

wes wrote: »
    The rights inability to condemn terror, when it comes from there own ranks, is rather telling. They were happy to go after liberals and scream terror after the shooting of a US politician last week, and we see a completely different reaction to this attack.

We saw the same thing, after the attack on the Mosque in Canada, the Neo-Nazi false flag terrorists being arrested, and the murder of Jo Cox. The right has a terror problem, and don't seem bothered by it at all.

Who are these people from the right? How do you know the attackers background?

• wes wrote: »

We saw the same thing, after the attack on the Mosque in Canada, the Neo-Nazi false flag terrorists being arrested, and the murder of Jo Cox. The right has a terror problem, and don't seem bothered by it at all.

Who is the right in this case? Tommy Robinson?
    He's stated for the last 12 hours it was a terrorist attack.
    Directly calling him a Finsbury Terrorist

A palpable (male) rage.
    Vs
    Vigils, flowers, attempts at reconciliation whenever civilised Westerners are attacked.

The **** are you on about? A load of people just got mown down, there ain't gonna be flowers and a vigil within 10 minutes.

A palpable (male) rage.
    Vs
    Vigils, flowers, attempts at reconciliation by civilised Westerners when they are attacked.

The guy who plowed into innocent civilian is the barbarians. The fact that the attacker was not killed shows how civilized the victims were. The attacker was laughing:

Your post is sickening. Attacking the victims of an act of terror for being angry right after the attack happened, and with the attacker laughing about it.

As I just said, the right has a terror problem, and refuse to admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL radicalised, good man!
    tbf to him he speaks off the back of actual facts. It's refreshing in this day and age of media cover ups / agendas and nonsense political leaders not answering direct questions.

He doesn't. He tells people what they want to hear and confirms what they want to believe.

He's a convicted football hooligan, he's been convicted of common assault, he's been convicted of travelling on a false passport and he's been convicted of fraud.

He's a common scumbag criminal who is, however, a half decent orator and uses that to stir up hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What is worrying me most about these recent terrorist atrocities is they are giving a platform to a resurgent far right across Europe which given what happened last time they got in a position of power is abhorrent in the extreme. I cannot honestly believe that people are typing some of the crud being posted here and elsewhere and saying it freely on-line and in the media.

We saw the same thing, after the attack on the Mosque in Canada, the Neo-Nazi false flag terrorists being arrested, the Portland attacks, the 17 year old Muslims girl beaten to death with a bat and her body dumped in a pond and the murder of Jo Cox. The right has a terror problem, and don't seem bothered by it at all.

This was done by a Mexican:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Who is the right in this case? Tommy Robinson?

He's stated for the last 12 hours it was a terrorist attack.
    Directly calling him a Finsbury Terrorist

Didn't mention Robinson at all.

Just read this thread and you will find people questioning whether this is a terror attack. Also, another thread in AH asking that exact same question. I don't remember any such threads, when a US politician was shot last week, when Liberals were being blamed.

Now, I can certainly understand if the attackers motives weren't know, but it has been established pretty clearly already. The reaction to this attack, is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I hope there will be a thorough investigation into who radicalized this terror suspect at Finsbury Park mosque

And in doing so I hope the authorities look at social media especially where Muslims are made out to be 'responsible' for terror attacks by ISIS , where directly and indirectly Islamophobia is perpetuated and tolerated...

make no mistake...this too is blind ignorant hatred

In my world there are two types of people
    Those who love and those who hate...and it is easy to spot both

He doesn't. He tells people what they want to hear and confirms what they want to believe.

He's a convicted football hooligan, he's been convicted of common assault, he's been convicted of travelling on a false passport and he's been convicted of fraud.

He's a common scumbag criminal who is, however, a half decent orator and uses that to stir up hate.

Has he been wrong in anything he's said about Islam?? Grooming gangs?? Radicalisation in mosques??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,894 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How is it a terrorist attack. Was it not a racist attack, some ironic revenge in the mind of the attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Now, I can certainly understand if the attackers motives weren't know, but it has been established pretty clearly already. The reaction to this attack, is different.

Indeed. You literally have one guy here saying "let's wait and see" what his motives are, and then dismissing every single media report of him shouting "I want to kill all Muslims".

gandalf wrote: »
    What is worrying me most about these recent terrorist atrocities is they are giving a platform to a resurgent far right across Europe which given what happened last time they got in a position of power is abhorrent in the extreme. I cannot honestly believe that people are typing some of the crud being posted here and elsewhere and saying it freely on-line and in the media.

Sorry but the left has gone so far left its hard to know where the far right starts. Why should people who do not want globalisation be called racist? Why should people be forced to see their country changed because of mass immigration? Why should be have their religion mocked by those who fall over themselves for Islam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Help!!!! wrote: »
    HAHAHA good one
    Maybe you're radicalised that you prefer to hear lies from the media & politicians. TR has spoke out about child grooming, radicalisation in mosques for years but hes the bad guy for trying to warn people

The low-life degenerate has connections to many far-right organisations around the world. One of which is the UVF, a terrorist group that bombed Dublin and Monaghan killing many innocent Irish people.
    This isn’t stormfront or whatever far-right forum you pull these videos from. I think you should think again before going down this path.

Didn't mention Robinson at all.

Just read this thread and you will find people questioning whether this is a terror attack. Also, another thread in AH asking that exact same question. I don't remember any such threads, when a US politician was shot last week, when Liberals were being blamed.

Really? Haven't seen it mentioned on the news yet as to what his background is or why he did this. Yes it is a terror attack but why did he do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

gandalf wrote: »
    I cannot honestly believe that people are typing some of the crud being posted here and elsewhere and saying it freely on-line and in the media.

Like what? For all the hatred Tommy gets here I rarely see anyone point out what exactly he's wrong about.

• Advertisement

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I hope there will be a thorough investigation into who radicalized this terror suspect at Finsbury Park mosque

And in doing so I hope the authorities look at social media especially where Muslims are made out to be 'responsible' for terror attacks by ISIS , where directly and indirectly Islamophobia is perpetuated and tolerated...

make no mistake...this too is blind ignorant hatred

In my world there are two types of people
    Those who love and those who hate...and it is easy to spot both

Well if the guy shouted Alluha Akbar it would be easier to know why. Because he's white it is not so clear because it could be any reason

Advertisement