Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Jacqui Hurley grates on me.

I know she has good sporting credentials behind her and does her job with integrity, but there is something about the unfailingly positive delivery on mundane spring Sundays that would wear ya. Almost like she is trying to make a Div 2 hurling league match between Laois and Westmeath into a clash for the ages. And the buddy-buddy thing with yer man Darren is wretched.

Sorry Jacqui, give me the score and the report and let me decide how to process the the outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Jacqui Hurley grates on me.

I know she has good sporting credentials behind her and does her job with integrity, but there is something about the unfailingly positive delivery on mundane spring Sundays that would wear ya. Almost like she is trying to make a Div 2 hurling league match between Laois and Westmeath into a clash for the ages. And the buddy-buddy thing with yer man Darren is wretched.

Sorry Jacqui, give me the score and the report and let me decide how to process the the outcome

She's absolutely atrocious. From the 'arrrrr tee eee' thing to her repeated ill-informed tuppence ha'penny on a variety of sports and various sporting outcomes. As for that Darren Frehill lad? Sweet Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

George Hook. This guy is a vacuous loud mouth who loves attention. He knows absolutely nothing about rugby and is a very poor mans Eamon Dunphy. I'd doubt he believes half the nonsense he spouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

1 thing I really dislike about him is he gave an interview a while ago joking about how he saves money by not having to buy lunch and instead he eats whatever the chef in the cookery segment of the show makes.

If you watch him you’ll notice he absolutely wolfs down whatever is served up - doesn’t matter what it is, daithi is hovering over it with his fork waiting like a vulture.

it’s like he’s famished with the hunger so ignorantly lorries into it, sometimes even before the chef is finished the recipe....they’ve had to tell him off over his table manners at times.

It just struck me as so mean spirited and calculated from him.

A ridiculous and very unlikeable presenter.

I reckon he’s that mean, he probably boils two eggs in the kettle in the RTÉ canteen to save on his electricity bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Angela Scanlon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Angela Scanlon.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Angela Scanlon.

Yep, she’s another one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

bocaman wrote: »
    George Hook. This guy is a vacuous loud mouth who loves attention. He knows absolutely nothing about rugby and is a very poor mans Eamon Dunphy. I'd doubt he believes half the nonsense he spouts.

You need to google “inexplicably” :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

gemma collins-braindead!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Theres always an explanation for why someone can't stand someone else.

"someone you inexplicably can't stand" is a contradiction in terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The environmentalist doll on the AIB ad,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sinead Gleeson. I’ll lump in other really “artsy types” too. Think it stems from how high brow and intellectual everything is with these people.

I’ve a feeling she could argue the fact poets, writers and musicians are just as important as doctors and nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

John creedon
    Everyone seems to love him.
    I don't know why but I find something off about him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

smilerf wrote: »
    John creedon

My mum can't stand him either. Similar reasons as yourself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’ve a feeling she could argue the fact poets, writers and musicians are just as important as doctors and nurses.
    Oh I hear you on the pretentiousness side of things, but as far as importance to societies go; I'll bet we could all name far more important artists, poets, writers and musicians from throughout history than we could name important doctors. It seems human society values the various arts very highly indeed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

John creedon

He's really just a great big fat friendly affable bloke who loves chatting about any oul ****e and is a really good sort. Inexplicably 'inexplicable.' Each to one's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

John creedon

I just get a vibe of insincerity and falseness and “terrified to say anything mildly controversial” from him

If you ever listen to his radio patter, everyone is great, everything is brilliant, aw shucks isn’t it great.

That’s ALL he ever says - maybe it’s a good thing I don’t know ....

but he’s very very predictable it all comes across a bit fake and if it is “all an act” shows disrespect for his audience

If he genuinely is that optimistic and positive he is 1 in a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If you ever his radio patter, everyone is great, everything is brilliant, aw shucks isn’t it great.

I met the man once in a pub on one of the Aran Islands and he’s pretty much like that in person. He was there by himself and people would come over and start up a conversation. He seemed to real enjoy people’s “stories” and would tell a few of his own.

He gives off a sort of priest/funeral director “vibe”, good with people in any circumstance.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bocaman wrote: »

When I was in college we sort of got George stuck in a lift. He took it very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I just get a vibe of insincerity and falseness and “terrified to say anything mildly controversial” from him

If you ever listen to his radio patter, everyone is great, everything is brilliant, aw shucks isn’t it great.

That’s ALL he ever says - maybe it’s a good thing I don’t know ....

but he’s very very predictable it all comes across a bit fake and if it is “all an act” shows disrespect for his audience

Excellent synopsis Beech.

Same could apply to Des Cahill, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

For anybody who Has an inexplicable dislike of Daithi OShea, his feeding time is 16:00 on RTÉ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Seth Rogen is someone I can't warm to. He comes across as a cocky @rsehole. The beard and dark rimmed glasses only make him look more smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'd like to nominate David Dickinson. Until now I knew him as an antiques show dude with a bit of a cocky ( for antique shows) attitude.

I saw one of those shows twice this week and holy God, there's a man that has to have bodies buried under the patio. He gropes people and is extremely creepy all while looking straight into the camera the entire time. I think I could smell him off the tv show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Seth Rogen is someone I can't warm to. He comes across as a cocky @rsehole. The beard and dark rimmed glasses only make him look more smug.

This nails him

This nails him

Not really hilarious when he's the one voicing himself.

Rogen tells people to 'f**k off, and don't see my movies' on social media if they happen to disagree with him.

Doubt McDonald's would survive a week if they told all their customers the same deal.

Rogen and Amy schumer did a series of adverts for Bud Light back in 2016.

The adverts were SOOO hated, Bud Light was losing sales. So Schumer and Rogen were dropped.
    Those ad's were THAT bad.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/31/amy-schumers-political-bud-light-ads-dumped-early-/

Anyone said Conor Moore yet?

For those who don't know, he's an 'impressionist' (not the painting kind) who got famous on Up for the match for impersonating Joe Brolly.

Since then, he's SOMEHOW gotten wide publicity for his 'comedy' sketches... and he's painfully unfunny.

I think he gets to appear in skits on Ivan Yates TV show, The Green Room (? Genuinely don't know the name of the show). I caught 5 minutes of one episode of the show. It cut to Moore's 'comedy' and it was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

For those who don't know, he's an 'impressionist' (not the painting kind) who got famous on Up for the match for impersonating Joe Brolly.

Since then, he's SOMEHOW gotten wide publicity for his 'comedy' sketches... and he's painfully unfunny.

I think he gets to appear in skits on Ivan Yates TV show, The Green Room (? Genuinely don't know the name of the show). I caught 5 minutes of one episode of the show. It cut to Moore's 'comedy' and it was bad.
    Think he was featured in the Unfunny Irish Comedians thread if hes the same chap I'm thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

So you can't stand him because he's a bad comedian?
    You've actually explained that quite well

'Comedy' was hyphenated because I wouldn't class him as a comedian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Perfectly valid reason in my book. ?

Advertisement