Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Hazel Chu - queen virtue-signaller.

She seems harmless enough, no better or worse than the average Green Party councillor. It's easy to understand why the kind of people who use terms like 'virtue signaller' dislike her, but I'm not sure why she attracts so much negative attention from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Hamachi

.anon. wrote: »
    She seems harmless enough, no better or worse than the average Green Party councillor. It's easy to understand why the kind of people who use terms like 'virtue signaller' dislike her, but I'm not sure why she attracts so much negative attention from them.

It’s pretty obvious what you’re implying anyway. At least have the courage of your convictions and spit it out.

As for Hazel Chu, she’s tiresome. She inserts herself into conversations that have nothing to do with her and her twitter intervention in the Nkencho incident was disgraceful. Nothing inexplicable about disliking her.

I recall a post here from somebody saying she engenders antipathy because she’s a strong woman of color who ‘has it all’. Anybody who remembers Hazel from UCD would surely be scratching their head about that description...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

.anon. wrote: »

A prominent, female, politician is always going attract that sort of negative “attention” from a certain cohort of users on this site.

The fact she’s preaching tolerance, respect, highlighting racism and has a “green” agenda really only compounds the issue for them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Hamachi

A prominent, female, politician is always going attract that sort of negative “attention” from a certain cohort of users on this site.

The fact she’s preaching tolerance, respect, highlighting racism and has a “green” agenda really only compounds the issue for them.

Do Mary Lou McDonald, Helen McEntee attract similar attention? Looking internationally, does the same apply to Angela Merkel, Jacinda Ardern? I haven’t been on here long enough, but I’ve never noticed them being subjected to extraordinary levels of bile.

Returning to Hazel Chu, in addition to the ‘preaching’ called out above, let’s not forget her accusing the Gardai of being racists, insinuating that male teachers in Carlow are sex pests, and undermining her own party leader with her disingenuous run for the Seanad.

Has she actually accomplished anything outside of subjecting the nation to an endless ‘poor persecuted me’ narrative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Tolerance and respect wasn’t very apparent when it came to the teachers in Carlow, was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

cms88 wrote:
    She has to keep herself relevant. Although i don't know if she' ever been anything other than Peter Crouch's wife

I wonder what first attracted her to millionaire Peter Crouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭cms88

Hamachi wrote: »
    Do Mary Lou McDonald, Helen McEntee attract similar attention? Looking internationally, does the same apply to Angela Merkel, Jacinda Ardern? I haven’t been on here long enough, but I’ve never noticed them being subjected to extraordinary levels of bile.

Returning to Hazel Chu, in addition to the ‘preaching’ called out above, let’s not forget her accusing the Gardai of being racists, insinuating that male teachers in Carlow are sex pests, and undermining her own party leader with her disingenuous run for the Seanad.

Has she actually accomplished anything outside of subjecting the nation to an endless ‘poor persecuted me’ narrative?

I still can't believe how that was just brushed under the carpet and there was never anything else said about it. Not just Hazel Chu but there were counless media outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

All the Healy Reas, Even the dead ones...Just Gombeens I thought had died out years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

George Lee.

Think it’s because he comes across quite weaselly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread is going off topic, drop the rants about journalism standards and let's get back to people you inexplicably can't stand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Why is Baz Ashmawy everywhere? Just why?

It's one thing to see the guy in those bloody adverts, and to see him in the adverts in that DIY show (I avoided it like the plague, so can't judge the quality of it).

But now he's on Claire Byrne... a show I try to avoid but someone's always watching it...
    And he added nothing to the darn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I can't stand him and his southside accent and his one of the lads type persona, urgh. I'd say most of the reason he got work for RTE was his funny name tbh.

Anyway for me, Jermaine Jenas, but then it's not inexplicable, he's just so utterly bland and offers zero personality to football punditry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I can't stand him and his southside accent and his one of the lads type persona, urgh. I'd say most of the reason he got work for RTE was his funny name tbh.

Correct

Anyway for me, Jermaine Jenas, but then it's not inexplicable, he's just so utterly bland and offers zero personality to football punditry.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He’s been around for a very long time. First time I saw him on tv was on a travel show with him and 2 other lads. They just went around enjoying themselves, it was like a sponsored “inter-railing”.

Then he popped up on another “makeover” show where he got his ears pinned back so they didn’t stick out. Figured, at the time, he must have a relation in RTÉ or something.

Have to say, I’ve a fair bit of respect for the guy now. He was on his last legs before coming up with that ‘Ways to Kill your Mammy’ show. Doesn’t bother me at all these days.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I wonder what first attracted her to millionaire Peter Crouch.

As Crouch famously said , when asked what would he be if he wasn't a footballer. A virgin :) , so I'm sure he's fine with it
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's one thing to see the guy in those bloody adverts, and to see him in the adverts in that DIY show (I avoided it like the plague, so can't judge the quality of it).

But now he's on Claire Byrne... a show I try to avoid but someone's always watching it...
    And he added nothing to the darn thing.

View him as a replacement for Des Bishop, in that way it's an improvement.

He’s been around for a very long time. First time I saw him on tv was on a travel show with him and 2 other lads. They just went around enjoying themselves, it was like a sponsored “inter-railing”.

RTE have produced some jaw droppingly bad stuff, but that travel show was just shocking. First time I saw him too. Him and another dude described as a ladies man and a super camp gay guy fluting around Bratislava etc.

RTE have produced some jaw droppingly bad stuff, but that travel show was just shocking. First time I saw him too. Him and another dude described as a ladies man and a super camp gay guy fluting around Bratislava etc.

Yeah, and that ladies man guy later turned up in the Sue the Pig adverts for Vodafone.

Then he popped up on another “makeover” show where he got his ears pinned back so they didn’t stick out. Figured, at the time, he must have a relation in RTÉ or something.

Have to say, I’ve a fair bit of respect for the guy now. He was on his last legs before coming up with that ‘Ways to Kill your Mammy’ show. Doesn’t bother me at all these days.

My first experience of Baz was when he was on a plastic surgery show getting his ears pinned back. After that he got hired on How Low can you Go.

Tbf, he sort of almost peed it all away-especially the time he got hammered and crashed his 100,000 euro car. (HE was working for RTE at the time).

Yeah, and that ladies man guy later turned up in the Sue the Pig adverts for Vodafone.

Any idea what his name was? I don't think he was even good looking, not sure why he got the ladies man brand.

Any idea what his name was? I don't think he was even good looking, not sure why he got the ladies man brand.

Michael Hayes. The gay guy was Mark O'Neill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Eamonn Ryan, when I see his head I would just love to slap it, god he’d drive you to drink

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Autosport wrote: »
    Eamonn Ryan, when I see his head I would just love to slap it, god he’d drive you to drink

His pal Roderic O Gorman is even worse.
    He just looks so dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

And yer man who looks like Harry Potter :D and Aodhan

Kirk in Coronation Street, creeps me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Minnie Driver.

* Shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Autosport wrote: »

All those years of dying his hair the chemicals have finally reached his brain, think he was born with the smug grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Minnie Driver.

* Shudder.

"Yi can't cum in"

He is very skeevy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

Ray D Arsey. His radio show is introduced by a child. Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

XLR 8 wrote: »
    Ray D Arsey. His radio show is introduced by a child. Enough said.

And knowing the nepotism in RTE it's probably one of his own and they'll get a job on the strength of it in years to come.

Advertisement