Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckingham Palace emergency meeting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭denismc

I wonder if Prince Harry has been caught on camera with his "Crown Jewels" out....................................again!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its funny that when they do die, that UK comes to standstill, will have a day or 2 off for people who have never done a proper days work in their life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Its funny that when they do die, that UK comes to standstill, will have a day or 2 off for people who have never done a proper days work in their life.
    Thats Kinda Appropriate when you think about......

Have a layabout few days for people who had lots of layabout days:p

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

blinding wrote: »
    Could be Charles so.........:eek:

He'd be a spaniel, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭secman

Maybe the Queen and oul Phil are getting divorced, wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him 😎

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

You've obviously never seen the Queens schedule since 1952 or else you'd realise how wrong you are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'd say they are trying to break the news that the Queen is knocked up.

Did she not have that threesome with Trump, Kim Jong Un and The Pope there a while ago?

Betcha one of them is the baby daddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I never thought I'd be interested in what the royals are up to but dammit - I want to know what that meeting is about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

She's becoming a Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Erik Shin wrote: »
    You've obviously never seen the Queens schedule since 1952 or else you'd realise how wrong you are

Oh you mean getting to travel the world, in 1st class, getting wined and dined, while the UK tax Payer pays for all the luxury?

Ya you got me there....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I fell for it being Philip from the first page, not going to be fooled by it being Charles now :D

Took me a sec to work out the "layabout days for two people who have had lots of layabout days though". I was a bit amused at that being used against someone who hasn't had a day off since the 1950s! I believe the closest to it is Christmas Day, where the Queen still has to work in the morning doing the address to the nation. Nah, you can keep being king or queen; sure, you're rich, but you'll work long past retirement as your nation's highest ambassador, your kids are waiting for you to pop off for their turns, your bat**** crazy genetic history really should do more damage than it apparently does and you can't actually do anything about your country deciding to go collectively insane. Other than that, I'm pretty neutral on the Windsors.

My guess is either the Queen or Prince Philip have been diagnosed with something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

An admission that they have been claiming Housing benefit for more than one address........

Just for a bit of peace and quiet she is asking Northern Ireland to leave the United Kingdom of Great Britain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Erik Shin wrote: »

That's not really 'work' though, is it?

or put it this way, she could turnaround tomorrow.....jack in the 'job' and feck off to breed corgis in Balmoral and still be feted with her half-billion pound fortune.....

......whereas any other proper worker does not have that luxury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

my money is now on Harry having been caught with coke and strippers 'frolicking' on the throne!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

C-90G3HXoAAWfqn.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

diomed wrote: »

Rather an odd thing to be celebrating, as the name change was due to expediency, and that it caused a huge row with Prince Philip (yes ok I watched The Crown but it is a brilliant series).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A sad day, but let us cheer ourselves up by fondly remembering some of his best quotes.

"I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing."

"When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife."

"We don't come to Canada for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves."

While being shown a selection of the best paintings from a children's art gallery.

"I shudder to think what's in the main gallery."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Monarchy is such a pathetic, slavish system really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought the WhatsApp comment earlier was deadly, but this is the best one yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

It sounds like she's letting the staff go?

Or arranging a plot to take down Beatrice and Eugenies hat collection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Harry's getting married to the gorgeous Meghan.

As a straight female my gosh Sarah Jane Mee is beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Jrop wrote: »
    Harry's getting married to the gorgeous Meghan.

As a straight female my gosh Sarah Jane Mee is beautiful

I doubt they would dare steal Pippa's limelight like that. And that wouldn't effect Windsor , just Kensington palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Prince Philip is probably retiring from public life and wants to personally thank all of the staff.

The guy is 96 after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Prince Philip is probably retiring from public life and wants to personally thank all of the staff.

The guy is 96 after all.

Would that necessitate an "emergency" meeting though?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

padd b1975 wrote: »

The guy is 96 after all.

Either that or he's releasing a Greatest Hits album of all his best quotes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Either that or he's releasing a Greatest Hits album of all his best quotes.

I'd buy it.

Advertisement