Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone thread

Options

Comments

flazio wrote: »
    Noticed this weekend that the Great Gas self service pumps beside Ganlys are gone. Shame that, saved my bacon once when I had an unexpected airport run when a delayed flight landed after the last bus.
    Disappeared around April (could have been earlier), they stopped being competitive and were charging the highest price in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Don't think those pumps ever really catch on. Card only in a world of automatic checkouts in Supermarkets, plus having to prepay. I get it's needed for security and ensuring the money is there etc but can be annoying.

I'm a "filler" so if I need to put 70 in the car but have to choose " max 60" as you only have 75 in your account and can't select "max 80", it burns one's arze

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Granted, I can get back out and use a gym, but sessions need to be booked in advance and used under certain guidelines obviously. I can also go for long walks in the evening, Besides the wife and parents, the only interactions I have is the head nod to others while out walking, or the shop assistants.

Anyone else bored off their tits? Or maybe it's because I have ADHD.

Athlone is severely lacking enough bike shops/services. Ever since DB Cycles closed and the pandemic, Buckleys do a 3 day week.

Its's mental the gap in the market and nobody filling it, especially when everyone and their mother has a bike or 2 and you meet MMLs everywhere you go these days. Money to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You'd think the Rail Trail would have kept them going. Was DB the one behind the (also closed) First Stop tyre centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭rje66

T
    Anyone else bored off their tits? Or maybe it's because I have ADHD.[/quote]

Jj yyy

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kmcg46

Athlone is severely lacking enough bike shops/services. Ever since DB Cycles closed and the pandemic, Buckleys do a 3 day week.

Its's mental the gap in the market and nobody filling it, especially when everyone and their mother has a bike or 2 and you meet MMLs everywhere you go these days. Money to be made

try cyclefix.ie or lecarrowbikes

Briquettes in Ganlys have risen in price a decent amount. 4.49 a bail now

Anywhere that does them cheaper now that the speedos can be put away for another year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Starting to think covid numbers in Athlone are so low as the nearest test centres are Mullingar and Castlerea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Starting to think covid numbers in Athlone are so low as the nearest test centres are Mullingar and Castlerea.

What are the numbers and where can they be got?

• Advertisement

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Here's one source of data.
    https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Galway would be quicker to get to then Castlerea if for some reason you couldn't make Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭rn

Briquettes in Ganlys have risen in price a decent amount. 4.49 a bail now

Anywhere that does them cheaper now that the speedos can be put away for another year?

Briquettes have always been a very expensive fuel for what you get. Have you tried some of the coal based briquettes like union nuggets and or cosyglow. Both should give you better return. They are difficult to light, so you might need briquettes or timber to start the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭rn

The covid19 app gives a good county by county break down. Roscommon has 9 positive results in last 5 days. Westmeath 21 in last 5 days.

Actually noticed covid app data is from 12/9. So 5 days prior to 12/9. Things have moved on since.

flazio wrote: »
    Galway would be quicker to get to then Castlerea if for some reason you couldn't make Mullingar.

So, for anyone who doesnt drive, they must use public transport (with all the risks to other passengers that entails) to travel to get a test? Seems very strange and indeed dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

So, for anyone who doesnt drive, they must use public transport (with all the risks to other passengers that entails) to travel to get a test? Seems very strange and indeed dangerous!

They send someone to your home if you cant travel safely to a test centre I believe

They send someone to your home if you cant travel safely to a test centre I believe

Ok. Thanks for that. That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know if there are case sized luggage locker in the rail/bus station?
    Also, the local service time tables arent downloading from the BE page, anyone know wherelse I can get these from?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Looking to get an attic stairs installed and possibly some basic board flooring. Been quoted €350 by what looks like a reputable crowd in Longford with a 10year guarantee.

Could anyone tell me if this is something that could be done well for even cheaper?

• Advertisement

Looking to get an attic stairs installed and possibly some basic board flooring. Been quoted €350 by what looks like a reputable crowd in Longford with a 10year guarantee.

Could anyone tell me if this is something that could be done well for even cheaper?

Sorry for quoting my own post but anyone any info on this at all?

I know its probably best to have a local carpenter fit one but looking to get warranty on it aswell.

Any info would be greatly appreciate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

With a ten year guarantee all in for 350 is as good a deal as you'll get ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone know why the Shack appears to be closed for the last few days?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Anyone know why the Shack appears to be closed for the last few days?

Just a precaution, one of the cleaners has / had Covid I think. Will be reopening soon.

Any update on the Coosan school case that was reported in the Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Any update on the Coosan school case that was reported in the Westmeath?

Got a link to the report?

Saw the increasingly rare sight of the white gates westbound track being accessible the other day. I imagine work going on but didnt see machinery from the road.

Really hoping this gets built double quick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

For what you're getting, €350 sounds very reasonable.

Saw the increasingly rare sight of the white gates westbound track being accessible the other day. I imagine work going on but didnt see machinery from the road.

Really hoping this gets built double quick

I see some work appears to be going on between the Water Gate entrance to the Barracks and Hanleys across the water. I thought the new bridge was being installed closer to the Radisson.

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    For what you're getting, €350 sounds very reasonable.

I see some work appears to be going on between the Water Gate entrance to the Barracks and Hanleys across the water. I thought the new bridge was being installed closer to the Radisson.

Should point out its just the attic stairs for €350, flooring is extra €3 per square foot

• Advertisement

Still sounds like you're getting a good deal, which comes with a 10 year warranty.

Advertisement