Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

They would see you but likely refer you then to A&E. Which is sh1t3 because you then have to wait on doctors in hospital to authorise anything as you dont have a regular GP

If you go to a walk in they'll treat you as if you're a walk in. They'll give whatever treatment they can there for whatever is ailing you, they won't refer you to a&e with a chest infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

If you go to a walk in they'll treat you as if you're a walk in. They'll give whatever treatment they can there for whatever is ailing you, they won't refer you to a&e with a chest infection.

Wouldn't that in effect then be them taking you on as a new patient?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Town centre surgery does walk in's.
    Go in there at 2pm and you will get seen for shortest wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

carq wrote: »
    Town centre surgery does walk in's.
    Go in there at 2pm and you will get seen for shortest wait.

As it happens I was in there last week on a walk in ... in a 2pm on the dot ... I was seen at 4.55pm and out the door @ 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor that deals in inheritance and property?
    Pref in the centre of things, but their skills are more Nb than location.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Am I right in thinking Peddler Mac's is going in where Coppers was on Church St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bredabe wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good solicitor that deals in inheritance and property?
    Pref in the centre of things, but their skills are more Nb than location.

Dara Hayden in Hayden Solicitors in the middle of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Tried the Venue last weekend. Nice and clean spot, bugger all of a crowd. Not really enough pub goers to go around i think in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Tried the Venue last weekend. Nice and clean spot, bugger all of a crowd. Not really enough pub goers to go around i think in town.

I was in it a few weeks back. It was nice, €10 in, and 2 free drinks so that's pretty much free, band was excellent. But it was just completely void of any energy or character. It's like its too manufactured or something. Not sure really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭White lighting

I was in the new spot Peddler Macs cracking pub will be great spot. Loved seen all the knackers in the town uo in arms over not been allowed in and blaming it on tattoos. I have a full arm sleeve tattoo and had it clearly visible and not a word was said. Only people refused were scum

I was in the new spot Peddler Macs cracking pub will be great spot. Loved seen all the knackers in the town uo in arms over not been allowed in and blaming it on tattoos. I have a full arm sleeve tattoo and had it clearly visible and not a word was said. Only people refused were scum

I saw it on Facebook. I have to agree with you. Unfortunately some good people will get mistaken for scumbags but that's the cost of trying to keep a pub right from the open. If the wrong crowd get in at the start the pub is finished straight away and won't last long.

Great to see so many pubs opening again in Athlone. The centre of town is really looking fresh and clean and energised these days.
    The new church Street layout is very aesthetically pleasing, even if some people think it has caused some traffic issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I saw it on Facebook. I have to agree with you. Unfortunately some good people will get mistaken for scumbags but that's the cost of trying to keep a pub right from the open. If the wrong crowd get in at the start the pub is finished straight away and won't last long.

Great to see so many pubs opening again in Athlone. The centre of town is really looking fresh and clean and energised these days.
    The new church Street layout is very aesthetically pleasing, even if some people think it has caused some traffic issues.

Most of the folks who were refused entry are, normal, hard working people, I can assure you of that.

Place is flavour of the month now in the height of summer.

Once the crowds dwindle, they'll be less picky.

I still share a smile at the image of the scumbags refused in from the poster above though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Most of the folks who were refused entry are, normal, hard working people, I can assure you of that.

Bores?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I was in the new spot Peddler Macs cracking pub will be great spot.

Is this Ginkel's Coppers done up like Gertie Browne's?

4ensic15 wrote: »
    Bores?

???

I was in the new spot Peddler Macs cracking pub will be great spot.

Is this Ginkel's Coppers done up like Gertie Browne's?

Kind of. Nicer, brighter, bar moved from the left to the right. A fine smell of varnish.
    A nice clientele frequent it.

Kind of. Nicer, brighter, bar moved from the left to the right. A fine smell of varnish.

No ink allowed though.

No ink allowed though.
    White lightning was allowed in with a sleeve tattoo. My mate had a tattoo on his calf , no issue.

So saying no ink allowed is wrong.

• Advertisement

Are there bouncers on the door?

Are there bouncers on the door?
    Yes. On the busier evenings. Not midweek.

White lightning was allowed in with a sleeve tattoo. My mate had a tattoo on his calf , no issue.

So saying no ink allowed is wrong.

I know, its hypocrisy, because one of the door men told a mate of mine, "tattoos are not allowed"
    Another guy I know with 2 full sleeves WAS let in.
    They need to make their minds up, it just seems to be random on how they decide who gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭roosterman71

it just seems to be random on how they decide who gets in.

So just like all dopes on the doors across the country who go on random power trips against some people for no apparent logical reason

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Did he not have to leave the calf outside the pub?

Yes. On the busier evenings. Not midweek.

I wouldn't go into any place that needs bouncers.

I wouldn't go into any place that needs bouncers.
    I wouldn't go into a place that needs bouncers and doesn't have them.

Athlone Driving Test Centre for the actual full driver license test itself is still in Mccormack Centre on Dublin Road, right?

I recall some extra tests run from Kilmartins/NCT Centre years back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,952 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Athlone Driving Test Centre for the actual full driver license test itself is still in Mccormack Centre on Dublin Road, right?

I recall some extra tests run from Kilmartins/NCT Centre years back

Yes. Nct centre has been expanded but no driving test centre there anymore.

IDA Park is set up like a specially designed driving school. Roundabouts, T junctions, car parks, all you could need for a weekend or evening to learn how to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

I am happy for Church St that it is having some kind of revival.

Meanwhile over in Connaught St things just get worse and worse.

Walking there last Sunday morning. Lovely warm day around 1:30 pm Drunken scumbag out cold at Connaught gdns. Further down got shouted at in some Slavic language by two more cider drinking scumbags.

Nobody else around

Its a fukin disgrace

I could cry when I think of how it was

Advertisement